...I was wrong. Completely, totally, absolutely wrong. I predicted that we would stroll our way to 55. I said this division was rank rotten and hugely overrated. I maintained a blind faith in Warburton, despite all the warning signs. I dismissed our poor form at the tail end of last season and wrote off the SC final as a fluke, an aberration. I was wrong. 

I hate to say this but I don't think MW is the man to take us forward. He is infuriatingly stubborn, refusing to change the formation or drop his favourites. It might already be too late for him to turn it round. 

I hate being wrong. I should've paid more heed to those who predicted a long, hard season.

:disappointment:

12 minutes ago, Sam English Loyal said:

...I was wrong. Completely, totally, absolutely wrong. I predicted that we would stroll our way to 55. I said this division was rank rotten and hugely overrated. I maintained a blind faith in Warburton, despite all the warning signs. I dismissed our poor form at the tail end of last season and wrote off the SC final as a fluke, an aberration. I was wrong. 

I hate to say this but I don't think MW is the man to take us forward. He is infuriatingly stubborn, refusing to change the formation or drop his favourites. It might already be too late for him to turn it round. 

I hate being wrong. I should've paid more heed to those who predicted a long, hard season.

Predicting a long hard season does not mean MW is the wrong manager. Patience is required to see if he can get us out of this - and he will be the stronger for this - our fans underestimating how easy this league was going to be is one problem he has to overcome and giving him the year or two we might need is another. I think he will be fine but many like yourself panicking already! 

4 minutes ago, weeto said:

The team are abysmal at the moment but I have the feeling things will change and we will win the league.

I wish I had your optimism. I'm struggling to see where the next 3 points is coming from never mind winning the league... Like your positive attitude though, me I'm a cynic.

Clueless?? What a load of Shite he's having a bad time of it just now but let's let him get windass crooks garner all playing to their full potential along with a couple of the other players who need to step back up to the plate and sort the defence and  I think we will be fine. Our team isn't bad and the management team aren't bad, I'm sure everyone including all the fans underestimated this league and with the tinks spending quite big it's set us back slightly. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I think blowing Dundee away beating killie over 2 legs and obv Beating them has given us and the manager a false sense of the quality of this league and he's thought he could walk it. If we stick with him and have a wee bit of investment I think he will do the business next year. 

Our expectations somehow crept up over the summer. We believed the signings were going to make us a strong outfit and that translated to winning 55 this year.

The board haven't generated funds (through whatever means) to provide substantial investment in the squad.

The manager did well last year/ he turned us around and had us playing some great football but this is a step up. People wanted a 10 year deal for Warburton last year. 'I love his interviews" "he's a class act". We have a poor start to the season and all of a sudden he's clueless, he's shit, out of his depth etc. We are a really fickle lot but I will agree with the majority in that he has to drop the stubborn approach to the formation and the players.

i said Wallace needed dropped for hodson and McKay for Forrester as their poor performances shouldn't be allowed to go unnoticed. Warburton dropped Kranjcar and Miller (forced to drop Kieran and senderos) and for me it wasn't bold enough and was seen again with another poor performance from messers wallace and mckay.

We'll see changes for QotS but suspect it'll be a similar line up again for Aberdeen.

Stubborness isn't a good trait when you are in the wrong and it really is starting to feel very alike to mccoists reign of never dropping the regular underpefrormers.

Tough times at the moment and if we don't start winning again soon it's only going to get tougher. Now not winning the title might have been the more realistic expectation but at this rate we'll be fortunate for a top six and that surely cannot be accepted by anyone associated with the club.

33 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Predicting a long hard season does not mean MW is the wrong manager. Patience is required to see if he can get us out of this - and he will be the stronger for this - our fans underestimating how easy this league was going to be is one problem he has to overcome and giving him the year or two we might need is another. I think he will be fine but many like yourself panicking already! 

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. I'm not panicking but it's hard to have patience when there are a fair few players who don't seem to be trying. 

1 minute ago, Sam English Loyal said:

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. I'm not panicking but it's hard to have patience when there are a fair few players who don't seem to be trying. 

To me this is where the whole disastifaction with warburton is coming from.  Some of the team have been coasting since the scottish cup semi but it seems he has neither the desire or ability to sort them out.  Winning 55 will come in the hopefully not so distant future but if we keep shipping points like we have been then its gonnae be a longer wait than any of us expected.  Being honest i thought we would push the manky mob for the league till at least april and use that as a springboard to come out the blocks and make a statement of intent for next year but if warburton doesnae do something, ANYTHING, soon then i can see him being replaced march or april time after a season of discontent 

On displays so far we will finish mid table, we are probably expecting too much this season, a newish team and harder league and were expecting to win the league on our first attempt, we need to be patient and hopefully the players will step up to the mark, Wallace and McKay have lost their form and our new players are still settling in, it's going to be a long season I guess but at least we're back in the premier league and we will get back to winning ways.

39 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

What panic, he is clueless just like Ally, the fans today have already given up and realise it is a forlorn task with a manger of a toothless team.

The fans have 'given up' - really?? - 'No Surrender' - far to easy to give up this early and shameful! 

16 minutes ago, Sam English Loyal said:

I think they are trying but not getting there - yet - I doubt any player doesn't try. 

56 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

On the money with this post. The impatience from the stands is also having a negative effect on field too.

48 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

What panic, he is clueless just like Ally, the fans today have already given up and realise it is a forlorn task with a manger of a toothless team.

Wrong, this is one fan who will never give up, so please don't speak for me.

Warburton was a magnificent relief to us last season, but you have to wonder now wether it was just the guidelines flowing.

His frustratingly, obvious, naivety is bad to endure.

I would rather let my 12 year old brother pick the wise at the moment.

I'm certainly not writing MW off,I don't think we'll challenge this year but we will be competing for 2nd.

His hand may have been forced today with some changes but he largely got them right.

We were much better in possession and played with more pace,which sadly didn't result in scoring goals but on another day,we would have won that comprehensively.

Too many knee jerk reactions in here,the world hasn't ended,neither has the season.WATP.

I admit that I never really thought we'd win the league this year, I never really thought we were a stick on for second place, but it wasn't just Bears wearing blue glasses who thought we would, our esteemed chairman predicted first or second place, if anyone is to blame for high aspiration it's him.

Things can change, they must, but if it goes tits up, we know who the con men are...again.

1 hour ago, Sam English Loyal said:

MW dropped a lot of his favourites today to be fair. We played well, but didn't hit the net. We should drop the wide forward play and play 2 strkers imo. One man up front stands no chance against a team set out to defend, time waste and get a draw.

This season was never going to be a walkover. It's been a long hard slog to get here. Our great Club was almost crushed to death under the weight of our haters. The resilience of our support saved us. 

Despite the fact I'm really hurting at drawing at home today I see a glimmer of hope. MW made a good team selection bar young Barrie who is well off form. Same players with MOH and 2 strikers, drop the current formation and make our possession pay I say.

MW is going through a really bad patch. He has to turn it round soon or he will lose the support, the players and his job. 

Sad days.

42 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

We've been rank rotten since December and nothings at all has changed. No idea why he's had a free ride untill now. If you listen to cunts like BP9 though he'll be fine though.

We'd still be in the 2nd tier of Scottish football if the people that mattered had listened to BP9.

13 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I think they are trying but not getting there - yet - I doubt any player doesn't try. 

I think they are as well, but we do lack a bit of quality and they are struggling with the system. McKay has struggled big time and showing no signs of recovery and I'd like to know why, because you just don't lose that ability and contribution.