Hampden protest?

Captain Hilts

Hampden protest?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rangers fans organise a protest against the SFA at Hampden?

• Yes
    • No

It would have to be something that would have major impact but not incriminate the fans or club. Can't think what route would go down but I've said for a long time we need to make a statement of our detest for recent events. But like @Prso's headband rightly says, the fans are too divided on everything. With the majority of other clubs if they are disgruntled and decide to voice the fact, they are all united on it. With us it's like some are really into it and others couldn't give a fuck. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, donmac said:

Any protest needs to be

legal as we would be under intense scrutiny 

have the backing of main supporter groups to show solidarity amongst the fan base

receive club acknowledgment 

As long as Whitney SOS grant their approval of it then it's good to go, otherwise we will feel their wrath.

No one has yet clarified as to what the objective of a march would be. If it's just to show our displeasure the SFA would laughing their cocks off at us.

I think that a march on Hampden is pointless, will bring us nothing, and get us nowhere.

We need to hit these bastards where it hurts, in the pocket.

I'm sure that the SFA will pocket a large slice of gate receipts from cup games, just boycott these games, & they'll get less money. They might even want to 'set up a meeting' with Rangers fans groups, if the boycott is successful. 

On 28/09/2016 at 5:23 PM, BF2 said:

Following the SFA's decision to not bring any kind of punishment to Hibs after their fans invaded the Hampden pitch, attacked Rangers players and staff, and goaded the Rangers support, would you be in favour of a protest being held by supporters at Hampden?

I've not heard of any protest being organised by any groups or individuals, I'm just looking for opinions.

The fact there is, on this forum, a fund to help those charged with criminal offenses at Hampden on same day of the Hibs incident would indicate to me, most are aware, that Bears also invaded the pitch and did some damage.

Which would also lead to any right thinking, half intelligent Bear to surmise that If the SFA were to punish Hibs

Then they would likewise punish Rangers.

When did we or any sane football club/support ever indulge in self flagellation?

There's none so blind as those who will not see

Then there's the pig shit ignorant people who will charge down a blind alley regardless of any consequences

What good will it do? seriously?

It's a fight for the cowards at our club, not the fans.

I'd love nothing more than Hampden to be burnt to the ground - but that's not really fair on Queen's Park who are the owners of the stadium for some strange reason.

On 28 September 2016 at 10:57 PM, 55Bear said:

It would have to be something that would have major impact but not incriminate the fans or club. Can't think what route would go down but I've said for a long time we need to make a statement of our detest for recent events. But like @Prso's headband rightly says, the fans are too divided on everything. With the majority of other clubs if they are disgruntled and decide to voice the fact, they are all united on it. With us it's like some are really into it and others couldn't give a fuck. 

Apathy and infiltration on the media sites is what I say .

There are some on here ingratiating themselves to bears.For me ,they are as bad as beggar fucks if they aren't that for real 

18 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

What good will it do? seriously?

It's a fight for the cowards at our club, not the fans.

I'd love nothing more than Hampden to be burnt to the ground - but that's not really fair on Queen's Park who are the owners of the stadium for some strange reason.

It will always have to be the club and I've been beating that drum for years 

7 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

A march to Hampden is pointless unless it done SOS style with letters of 'no confidence' being posted through their letter box and media filming it. Has CH said he would lead a march?

What good would that do?

2 hours ago, 1ClubMan72 said:

The fact there is, on this forum, a fund to help those charged with criminal offenses at Hampden on same day of the Hibs incident would indicate to me, most are aware, that Bears also invaded the pitch and did some damage.

Which would also lead to any right thinking, half intelligent Bear to surmise that If the SFA were to punish Hibs

Then they would likewise punish Rangers.

When did we or any sane football club/support ever indulge in self flagellation?

There's none so blind as those who will not see

Then there's the pig shit ignorant people who will charge down a blind alley regardless of any consequences

How many hibs  players were attacked?? Only a taig would call Rangers fans pig shit ignorant. Self flagellation is also a tarrier pastime(Opus Dei) so go back to kerrydale st you stick out like the beast you are

13 minutes ago, Dickie said:

How many hibs  players were attacked?? Only a taig would call Rangers fans pig shit ignorant. Self flagellation is also a tarrier pastime(Opus Dei) so go back to kerrydale st you stick out like the beast you are

That fucking idiot has previous on here for that nonsense. I thought he was banned, obviously not.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

What good would that do?

Cracks have already started as the government has already voted no confidence when they said the "SFA have failed". A vote of 'no confidence' from fans sos style would keep it in spot light. Regan won't want any more media attention about his failure as SFA chief executive he'll be trying to keep his 300K job, now the government has pulled him up. I think ultimately the club would have to voice a vote of 'no confidence' though.

6 minutes ago, ps95v7 said:

Save a protest the RFC Board grow a pair of balls and refuse to play at Hampden also withdraw from the Scottish Cup need to make a stand FFS 

As has been pointed out earlier in the thread, unfortunately withdrawing from cup games will only cause Rangers many more problems.

I am not sure how to best deal with this situation, but why does our board not back up their statements with getting interviews with Sky, BT, Talksport and Five Live and make as much noise as they can and show the SFA/SPFL that Rangers will get out their message and will not be silenced. 

I agree statements alone will not get us anywhere.  

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Cracks have already started as the government has already voted no confidence when they said the "SFA have failed". A vote of 'no confidence' from fans sos style would keep it in spot light. Regan won't want any more media attention about his failure as SFA chief executive he'll be trying to keep his 300K job, now the government has pulled him up. I think ultimately the club would have to voice a vote of 'no confidence' though.

There's not one football fan in Scotland that has any confidence in Regan or the SFA ... getting Craig Houston of all people to arrange putting cards through the letter box will just make us look like a laughing stock like the daft red cards to newco displays that these people organised and did no good.

It has to come from the club, as said.

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

There's not one football fan in Scotland that has any confidence in Regan or the SFA ... getting Craig Houston of all people to arrange putting cards through the letter box will just make us look like a laughing stock like the daft red cards to newco displays that these people organised and did no good.

It has to come from the club, as said.

I only mentioned him has he has previous for organising marches and is known to the media. Plus he should be aware of what legalities are needed to do a peaceful protest. Your more than likely correct, I think the time is right to push for change within the SFA .

There's nothing to stop other clubs from organising a peaceful protest to do the same.

Considering all the events after the SC Final, a really effective protest would be for the team to refuse to go up and collect the cup / medals the next time we win the Scottish Cup.  To have maximum impact, we would obviously have to win the SC in the near future and also not give any forewarning of the protest happening.  

Yes, we would probably get heavily fined but it would be worthwhile for the publicity it would generate  Just think of the worldwide tv coverage of our players going round the ground celebrating with the fans while the dignitaries  (please make it Jimmy Krankie) are left waiting high in the stand.

Just now, Ibroxholm said:

Considering all the events after the SC Final, a really effective protest would be for the team to refuse to go up and collect the cup / medals the next time we win the Scottish Cup.  To have maximum impact, we would obviously have to win the SC in the near future and also not give any forewarning of the protest happening.  

Yes, we would probably get heavily fined but it would be worthwhile for the publicity it would generate  Just think of the worldwide tv coverage of our players going round the ground celebrating with the fans while the dignitaries  (please make it Jimmy Krankie) are left waiting high in the stand.

I thought any protest needed to be registered with the police. If protests are to be done keep it legal and peaceful, otherwise the message of the protest is lost.

Just now, Sweetheart said:

I thought any protest needed to be registered with the police. If protests are to be done keep it legal and peaceful, otherwise the message of the protest is lost.

Don't see why it would have to be registered with the police.  Players would just not bother going up to collect the cup/medals, perfectly legal, perfectly peaceful, expressing their rights.  Did the SFA register with the police before this year's final that they were going to throw all our medals in a box to our youngest player?

1 minute ago, Ibroxholm said:

Don't see why it would have to be registered with the police.  Players would just not bother going up to collect the cup/medals, perfectly legal, perfectly peaceful, expressing their rights.  Did the SFA register with the police before this year's final that they were going to throw all our medals in a box to our youngest player?

I have misunderstood what you were saying, But I thought any sort of protest had to be registered with the police. That's why I mentioned CH earlier as he should have that knowledge.

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I have misunderstood what you were saying, But I thought any sort of protest had to be registered with the police. That's why I mentioned CH earlier as he should have that knowledge.

It is a protest but as it would be instigated by inaction of the players, don't see why they should be under any obligation to give any notice.  We wouldn't be causing any public disorder, the only people with their nose put out of joint would be the SFA and dignitaries.  

1 minute ago, Ibroxholm said:

It is a protest but as it would be instigated by inaction of the players, don't see why they should be under any obligation to give any notice.  We wouldn't be causing any public disorder, the only people with their nose put out of joint would be the SFA and dignitaries.  

I've no idea on the legalities That's why I mentioned CH earlier