Hampden protest?

Captain Hilts

Hampden protest?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rangers fans organise a protest against the SFA at Hampden?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BF2 said:

Following the SFA's decision to not bring any kind of punishment to Hibs after their fans invaded the Hampden pitch, attacked Rangers players and staff, and goaded the Rangers support, would you be in favour of a protest being held by supporters at Hampden?

I've not heard of any protest being organised by any groups or individuals, I'm just looking for opinions.

Is this protest to hand in letters off 'no confidence' to the SFA?

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Is this protest to hand in letters off 'no confidence' to the SFA?

I think the vote of no confidence was a passed years ago. I was hoping for something more along the lines of a "you're a fucking disgrace and not fit for purpose" protest.

I'd love to see something similar to the 2012 protest.

Just now, BF2 said:

I think the vote of no confidence was a passed years ago. I was hoping for something more along the lines of a "you're a fucking disgrace and not fit for purpose" protest.

I'd love to see something similar to the 2012 protest.

if this process got as many as the 2012 protest and they all put in a letter of no confidence. Would the SFA or those above them have to take action?

Just now, Sweetheart said:

if this process got as many as the 2012 protest and they all put in a letter of no confidence. Would the SFA or those above them have to take action?

They've today confirmed that it's ok for fans to invade the pitch and attack players. I wouldn't put anything past them.

37 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Like I said before the support is too divided. It's gutting to say but I can never see the majority pulling in the same direction.

Take this forum. 

Some like the board, some don't, others don't know what to like. 

If the majority can't even agree on the board what chance we got. 

Club 1872 was meant to be the answer, to date it clearly isn't and is just IMO a way of keeping certain people in the media spotlight, the very thing we should be challenging as well as the SFA

TBH, that appears to be excuses for doing nothing.

It shouldn't actually be about individuals or taking sides, but united in the principle of justice and equality for our club and our fans.

First and foremost, it is the board who should be taking the SFA to task not us (and all our other haters I may add). If they don't, it for us to force the board's hand in taking direct action against them in failing in their duty and not for the first time in these matters. eg. Threaten to boycott the SC games, as hitting their pocket is the only thing that will force their hand.

If neither the board or us can take these measures, then it leaves us unprincipled and hypocritical and much better we do remain silent and bend over and take it up the erse as we would deserve and when the time is right, king and co can ride off into the sunset with their 20 pieces of silver, laughing their cocks of!

Just now, BF2 said:

They've today confirmed that it's ok for fans to invade the pitch and attack players. I wouldn't put anything past them.

so who should complaints go to, UEFA/FIFA  for some action to be taken. It's Pointless protesting if no action will be taken as it will be swept under the carpet. Players should make some sort of complaint also as they need safety at work.

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

Here's a suggestion.     We've waited long and patiently for King and Board reactions to the events following the cup final, to SFA statements and charges and dropped charges, and to those of the media and politicians in Scotland.    Perhaps King and the Board need to get out of their offices and wear out some shoe leather to personally show solidarity with the Support by organising and leading a protest march to Hampden..........and to cheer lead the singing along the way (all legal of course).

Time for some King and Board action on this?

That would be good, but sadly to no effect. Why the fuck would the SFA pay any attention to that?

In actual fact it should be the board coming up with ideas and us showing solidarity with them. This is indeed a corporate reputation issue, far less for justice and equality, so they should be leading any action and I said previously, if we are to be so principled, then why the fuck are we not demanding that we pull out of the SC?

There needs to be a clear objective and a strategy, with consequences if the SFA try to brush us off. No point in heading off and wasting shoe leather.

Otherwise best to keep quiet and keep the hypocrisy in house before we are an even bigger laughing stock.

13 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I voted no.

Nice idea and all that but we all know it will achieve absolutely nothing.

Nobody in Scottish football cares what we think.

A march with no clear objective and without consequence to the perp's if we are told to fuck off is a complete waste of time.

The only effective action that can be taken is the club serve notice to withdraw from the SC.

You don't take a water pistol to put out a fire in a high rise.

Who is likewise minded?

Nothing to see here then, move on.

In an ideal world Yes, yes a thousand times yes...

However, we don't live in an ideal world, we live in the turgid wee fish wife's republic of jockland,, hoots mon, och aye the noo, Donald whaurs yir troosers and any protest by Rangers fans against the sfa at Hampdump will either be ignored or hammered by sturgeon's gestapo, and the club would also likely be fined thousands.

The only protests and marches that are looked upon with sympathy are tarrier ones, so unless you are up for going right ahead and fighting fire with fire forget it ! We are now the second class majority in our own country, either deal with it or fight ! Don't expect anything from King and co. they've already capitulated !:sherlock:

I don't think it would make a difference,  I would support any Bear that wants to do it but The SFA will return to type dig there heels in and do nothing,

We should just be as exuberant as hibs and motherwel, the sfa are powerless they admitted that today, See how many times we can do that before Football is outlawed, 

3 minutes ago, donmac said:

Any protest needs to be

legal as we would be under intense scrutiny 

have the backing of main supporter groups to show solidarity amongst the fan base

receive club acknowledgment 

Just invade the park at our next away game it's allowed.

Just now, kaiser1041 said:

No we should invade the pitch and punch fuck out of the opposing fans next time we are antagonised.

why not it's fucking open season on us

By doing nothing they have now set a president. 

Sickening compare the reaction to this to when the lurgan bigot got attacked by 1 fan.