We're in good shape

The Wee General

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

A manager who has not gave one youngster a chance and has signed over aged players who are nowhere near fit. Warburtons took us back the way in terms of Youth.

Promised a lot though.

McKay, Burt, Hardie, Aird and Walsh have all been given chances in the first team.  It's difficult to blame the manager if all but McKay are not ready for the step up at present time.  Zelalem and Ball were also young players who were given a chance, not our own boys, but proof that MW is willing to play young players if they have the talent.  Crooks, Windass and Rossiter are not going exactly geriatric either.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

McKay, Burt, Hardie, Aird and Walsh have all been given chances in the first team.  It's difficult to blame the manager if all but McKay are not ready for the step up at present time.  Zelalem and Ball were also young players who were given a chance, not our own boys, but proof that MW is willing to play young players if they have the talent.  Crooks, Windass and Rossiter are not going exactly geriatric either.

McKay was there before Aird/ Hardie farmed out one to Rovers other to American  team  Walsh /Burt can't even remember his games bar under McCall, Zelalem and ball were not our players. Crooks windass and rossiter have more appearances for the medical team than us.

So who's all these young players he's playing.

18 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

We played a very fluent second half against Hamilton, and against Dundee we played nice attacking football. I think it's about players, and certain players either not performing well or not having the ability to do so. I think we have seen indications that Windass has that certain something to change the creative dynamic in the midfield, and if we can get Rossiter back soon then those two could make a telling contribution for the rest of the season. That they are young players might mean inconsistency for a while, but they in particular give much cause for optimism.

Don't get me wrong I think we may have a couple of gems in there, but overall, he quality isn't going to be good enough to mount a serious challenge. I do get the possession bit that MW is persisting with, as previously under Ally, we were guilty of giving the ball away too easily and couldn't string two passes together at times and I suppose it may also be his way of compensating for a squad that doesn't possess the necessary quality, I don't know. We have now got the possession bit, so it is time to move on from it, build on it and it and be much more direct. I am also thinking he doesn't trust the players too much in letting them do their thing in the creativity stakes, because to me some do look stifled and terrified to lose the ball. It may just all click, but I'm not over optimistic at this point.

14 minutes ago, Smile said:

McKay was there before Aird/ Hardie farmed out one to Rovers other to American  team  Walsh /Burt can't even remember his games bar under McCall, Zelalem and ball were not our players. Crooks windass and rossiter have more appearances for the medical team than us.

So who's all these young players he's playing.

What young players other than those I mentioned do you want him to play?   

10 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

What young players other than those I mentioned do you want him to play?   

Who's he gave chances to to play he's played Kiernan countless times and he's utter pish he's played Barton and Kranjcar who look like they have retired. Young players need game time he farms them out or gets rid of them.

Wheres the guy that going to take us forward that everyone bought into.

34 minutes ago, Smile said:

Who's he gave chances to to play he's played Kiernan countless times and he's utter pish he's played Barton and Kranjcar who look like they have retired. Young players need game time he farms them out or gets rid of them.

Wheres the guy that going to take us forward that everyone bought into.

I previously posted what young players he has given chances to.  If they are not good enough or not ready to make the step up, you cannot blame a manager who has been in just over a year.  Take your point on Kiernan but if MW threw in a young defender whose not ready, the player would get slaughtered by our fans.

I agree Barton has been a mistake. Jury is out on Kranjcar but he hasn't done it so far.  However, all manager have bad buys.

8 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

I previously posted what young players he has given chances to.  If they are not good enough or not ready to make the step up, you cannot blame a manager who has been in just over a year.  Take your point on Kiernan but if MW threw in a young defender whose not ready, the player would get slaughtered by our fans.

I agree Barton has been a mistake. Jury is out on Kranjcar but he hasn't done it so far.  However, all manager have bad buys.

What game time have the had this season the ones you mentioned? Do you think Kranjcar going to get better when he runs his arms move faster than his legs.

He seems to sign player that are old or ones with known injury problems that cant be helping.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

What game time have the had this season the ones you mentioned?

He played Burt towards the end of last season.  He played Aird, Thomson and Walsh early on last season and Hardie had a few run outs during the season.  They appear to be the best we have at present time and the manager clearly doesn't think there ready (neither do I for what it's worth).  Let's face it none of them are exactly setting the heather on fire at the lower league teams they have been farmed out to so it's unlikely they would be able to cut it with us in the top league at present time.

MW continues to back McKay week in week out.

12 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Do you have an answer to your own question? Surely Warburton would like CH of real quality, can you speculate why he may not have signed those?

Obviously king didn't have the dosh, but why did MW keep saying he had full backing from the board?

Either MW can't pick a defender, or king is at it. Which ever one it is, it has to be sorted. One or the other needs to go, unless king pulls £30m out his arse (which could be his mouth) and gives MW the money to buy the CH of quality he likes. If king, by some miracle does, then MW has been bullshitting the fans by saying he has had the backing. Wool over eyes springs to mind.

9 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

He played Burt towards the end of last season.  He played Aird, Thomson and Walsh early on last season and Hardie had a few run outs during the season.  They appear to be the best we have at present time and the manager clearly doesn't think there ready (neither do I for what it's worth).  Let's face it none of them are exactly setting the heather on fire at the lower league teams they have been farmed out to so it's unlikely they would be able to cut it with us in the top league at present time.

MW continues to back McKay week in week out.

Burt had like ten minutes in a game, McKay was always going to play as he did well at Raith Rovers no surprise at all Hardie should have been the same after doing well there., as i said what players has he managed to improve and brought on in the time he's been here.

Answer is no one.

He's even sold out on his own ethos, Young hungry players with a point to prove, we sadly have injury ravaged young players and a load of old players who looked finished.

Good that you are looking for positivity i guess on the young players front i guess.

15 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

Obviously king didn't have the dosh, but why did MW keep saying he had full backing from the board?

Either MW can't pick a defender, or king is at it. Which ever one it is, it has to be sorted. One or the other needs to go, unless king pulls £30m out his arse (which could be his mouth) and gives MW the money to buy the CH of quality he likes. If king, by some miracle does, then MW has been bullshitting the fans by saying he has had the backing. Wool over eyes springs to mind.

If Warburton is totally happy with his defence then I'd be surprised, but maybe he thinks, given time, he can get this club sorted on the playing front. If the funds are not there maybe he has already appreciated that before he came and maybe he considers the board has backed him within certain limits. It's not all doom and gloom at the club, there are issues on the playing front to be sorted but there are positive elements to all of this as well.

8 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

PLG said the same Managers slaver shite rather than be Honest when at times honesty needed.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

If Warburton is totally happy with his defence then I'd be surprised, but maybe he thinks given time, he can get this club sorted on the playing front. If the funds are not there but he has already appreciated that before he came then maybe he considers the board has backed him within certain limits. It's not all doom and gloom at the club, there are issues on the playing front to be sorted but there are positives elements to all of this as well.

I bought into that too last season. We were playing the best football in the country by a mile. We've stepped up a level though and the players seem to have chosen not to. The players are as much to blame as anyone. Whether it's king, MW or the players to blame, something has gone badly wrong and the buck stops with the manager. I'm sure that pleases king. MW is the security door in front of his wallet. However, even before this season, we've done fuck all since we beat the tims in the semi final. Our game has been non existent since then. Why? It was ages ago. We seemed to switch off immediately after that game and there has been no sign of improvement since. How do we instantly get so bad and still show no signs of recovering? I'm seriously fucking baffled how things can take a turn for the worst so quickly.

12 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

I bought into that too last season. We were playing the best football in the country by a mile. We've stepped up a level though and the players seem to have chosen not to. The players are as much to blame as anyone. Whether it's king, MW or the players to blame, something has gone badly wrong and the buck stops with the manager. I'm sure that pleases king. MW is the security door in front of his wallet. However, even before this season, we've done fuck all since we beat the tims in the semi final. Our game has been non existent since then. Why? It was ages ago. We seemed to switch off immediately after that game and there has been no sign of improvement since. How do we instantly get so bad and still show no signs of recovering? I'm seriously fucking baffled how things can take a turn for the worst so quickly.

I'm not as alarmed as you, I am as disappointed as you, but I am prepared to be patient with the manager. We won the league around the time of the semi-final, maybe we can split what has happened since April in two. This season has meant new players, as someone has rightly pointed out the experienced players that were signed have kind of compromised what we had in terms of mobility etc, but I do think we have a new set of circumstances since the season has begun. Does the manager know his preferred CH pairing? I would suggest he doesn't, and that is basically a transitional factor- he has two new recruits in that area, neither of which were probably his preferred signing. Does he know his preferred midfield? Again I would say no, for slightly the same reason as the defence. I think he does know what his preferred forward line is, and I also think he knows who he can rely on in that area, and who he needs to give a bit of time to etc- I think he does know which players he wants to play up front as automatic first choices. Going back to the midfield, the injuries to Rossiter and Windass haven't helped, and neither has the Barton issue helped, but once that is sorted, and once he has a better look at the defence then I think we will see an improvement in the team.

15 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

Warburton doesn't seem to be able to motivate the players like he did, when he first came in the players all bought into his system then and the football was fantastic, he's needing to get that back or he won't be here much longer.

This forum is reeking.  The acceptance of mediocrity,  the bullshit excuses, the low standards we hold for the team due to daft affection with the board or manager. Gives me he boak. The fact BP9 has one of he most liked posts in the thread shows how Boggin this is.

Tims fucking miles ahead of us and will invest in Jan, not that they'll really need to.

Open your eyes and see what's in front of you and stop crossing your fingers and burying your head in the sand

5 hours ago, Alec87 said:

In answer to your question. Next year will be 30 years unbroken season ticket holder, oh and a shareholder, but it's not about that. It's the fact you are talking about not renewing because of what is happening this season. Is that the actions of a real supporter ?

If im mot enjoying football and i cannot afford to keep paying for it, does that make me any less of a fan? Keep in mind my losses already given that i lost through Admin. 

37 minutes ago, Willis said:

This forum is reeking.  The acceptance of mediocrity,  the bullshit excuses, the low standards we hold for the team due to daft affection with the board or manager. Gives me he boak. The fact BP9 has one of he most liked posts in the thread shows how Boggin this is.

Tims fucking miles ahead of us and will invest in Jan, not that they'll really need to.

Open your eyes and see what's in front of you and stop crossing your fingers and burying your head in the sand

Rubbish.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Burt had like ten minutes in a game, McKay was always going to play as he did well at Raith Rovers no surprise at all Hardie should have been the same after doing well there., as i said what players has he managed to improve and brought on in the time he's been here.

Answer is no one.

He's even sold out on his own ethos, Young hungry players with a point to prove, we sadly have injury ravaged young players and a load of old players who looked finished.

Good that you are looking for positivity i guess on the young players front i guess.

Disagree about McKay, he was going nowhere at our club until MW arrived and showed some faith in him.  Afraid  I don't get to see much of our under 20s or youth teams so cannot comment on whether there has been any improvement in the development of players there.  To early to tell in that front.  My original point stands though, if the young players are not there or ready to play in the first team, you cannot blame this on a manager who is hardly any In the door.

i think he has learned the hard way in playing Barton & Krancjar in front of those who performed for us last year.  Don't think it helped him having Holt and Windass injured at the same time but realistically, having brought them in, he was always going to initially go with Barton, etc.  I think the last two or three games has seen MW draw back from that position.