We're in good shape

The Wee General

46 minutes ago, Willis said:

This forum is reeking.  The acceptance of mediocrity,  the bullshit excuses, the low standards we hold for the team due to daft affection with the board or manager. Gives me he boak. The fact BP9 has one of he most liked posts in the thread shows how Boggin this is.

Tims fucking miles ahead of us and will invest in Jan, not that they'll really need to.

Open your eyes and see what's in front of you and stop crossing your fingers and burying your head in the sand

What is your alternative?  

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if Warburton doesn't get the finger out and get things back to the way they were he won't be here much longer.Didn't know we had a majority share holder here on RMF as surely they will be the people who decide if a manager who has had his contract extended a few months ago will be staying or going.Or are managers sacked and employed by the experts on RMF now.

31 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Disagree about McKay, he was going nowhere at our club until MW arrived and showed some faith in him.  Afraid  I don't get to see much of our under 20s or youth teams so cannot comment on whether there has been any improvement in the development of players there.  To early to tell in that front.  My original point stands though, if the young players are not there or ready to play in the first team, you cannot blame this on a manager who is hardly any In the door.

i think he has learned the hard way in playing Barton & Krancjar in front of those who performed for us last year.  Don't think it helped him having Holt and Windass injured at the same time but realistically, having brought them in, he was always going to initially go with Barton, etc.  I think the last two or three games has seen MW draw back from that position.  

Warburton has set a certain standard for the younger players, that was very evident in his squad selections last season especially when he wouldn't even fill a bench just for the sake of it. I would say that this is one of the most significant developments at Auchenhowie in our youth policy, in that a player will have to be distinctly good enough to get in the squad. I would suggest that he, the manager, has very much upped the bar in that regard.

1 hour ago, Willis said:

This forum is reeking.  The acceptance of mediocrity,  the bullshit excuses, the low standards we hold for the team due to daft affection with the board or manager. Gives me he boak. The fact BP9 has one of he most liked posts in the thread shows how Boggin this is.

Tims fucking miles ahead of us and will invest in Jan, not that they'll really need to.

Open your eyes and see what's in front of you and stop crossing your fingers and burying your head in the sand

On this forum, where? 

40 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Disagree about McKay, he was going nowhere at our club until MW arrived and showed some faith in him.  Afraid  I don't get to see much of our under 20s or youth teams so cannot comment on whether there has been any improvement in the development of players there.  To early to tell in that front.  My original point stands though, if the young players are not there or ready to play in the first team, you cannot blame this on a manager who is hardly any In the door.

i think he has learned the hard way in playing Barton & Krancjar in front of those who performed for us last year.  Don't think it helped him having Holt and Windass injured at the same time but realistically, having brought them in, he was always going to initially go with Barton, etc.  I think the last two or three games has seen MW draw back from that position.  

He was going nowhere at the club as he started to struggle so Ally loaned him out to Raith Rovers where he did well and came back full of confidence. We are not going to agree but i'm happy enough with that and accept your opinions.

27 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Warburton has set a certain standard for the younger players, that was very evident in his squad selections last season especially when he wouldn't even fill a bench just for the sake of it. I would say that this is one of the most significant developments at Auchenhowie in our youth policy, in that a player will have to be distinctly good enough to get in the squad. I would suggest that he, than manager, has very much upped the bar in that regard.

Before he came in youth players still had to be good enough to get in the squad.

I'm not sure what's changed in that regard at all that you can say he's upped the bar.

8 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Before he came in youth players still had to be good enough to get in the squad.

I'm not sure what's changed in that regard at all that you can say he's upped the bar.

I don't agree. There are youth players he has categorically indicated have no chance of being in the first team squad, even to sit on the bench; he has set a clear marker that they will have to be of a certain standard, even for the bench. If you say that isn't the case then I will have to accept that, but I detect, especially from last season, that he had very much upped the bar for what the youth players should aspire to. I would also suggest that the recruitment of Murty is indicative of the youth policy now at the club.

“For me it is down to the young player to prove that he is ready, to kick the manager’s door down in many respects to say you can’t leave me out of the team.

“Once we have people of that mind set doing that then that pathway will be forged and it will speak for itself and it will be from the players own work." - Graeme Murty.

I don't want the manager sacked but all the clichés in the world can't excuse how we've started, we've got by far the second highest wage bill in the country and the step up playing in as bad a footballing country as Scotland is hardly that big. There's time for our form to improve but it has to happen soon, hanging around mid-table all season can't in any way be acceptable

21 hours ago, kanjo said:

It really has been poor. What annoys me the most is that we spent 1.5m on a striker who has not really impressed, yet our current best choice centre back pairing were (are) considered our weakest for selection. 

Piss poor and very amatuerish Summer window IMO and if things continue like this i won't be renewing. It isn't enjoyable. 

Can't say I'm enjoying watching these shitey teams all sitting in and catching us on the counter either, but I'll be fucked if I'm bailing after a few bad results ???. I'm one of they "we'll deffo win it cos the fenians are pure shite" positive thinking crew but the reality is we've no took our chances. This style of football only works if ye catch the first goal, then ye can pass them aff the park. Keep the faith bro, it's nearly there ????

4 minutes ago, bluenose1975 said:

Can't say I'm enjoying watching these shitey teams all sitting in and catching us on the counter either, but I'll be fucked if I'm bailing after a few bad results ???. I'm one of they "we'll deffo win it cos the fenians are pure shite" positive thinking crew but the reality is we've no took our chances. This style of football only works if ye catch the first goal, then ye can pass them aff the park. Keep the faith bro, it's nearly there ????

Yeah i get your point 100%. Just really frustrating as it's just not enjoyable. At least in the lower leagues i knew my ST money was keeping the club alive but now it's not doing much! Hoping it starts to get better soon though as you say!

I am not happy about the situation, but we are about £15-20m a year in wage budget, and about £15- £20m in signings behind Celtic.

Reality is our squad is far closer in value and wage budget to Aberdeen, than Celtic. I believe Aberdeen has about a £4m a year wage Budget, us around £8m.... the tims about £25m.

Statistics do not lie - there hasn't been, since the advent of the SPL, a squad with less than £20m of combined transfer fees winning the league. Our combined total is £5m... Celtic are about £25m.

Thats the total outlay of the current squad.

Are we getting value.... no but.... there is a chasm between us and them!

9 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Yeah i get your point 100%. Just really frustrating as it's just not enjoyable. At least in the lower leagues i knew my ST money was keeping the club alive but now it's not doing much! Hoping it starts to get better soon though as you say!

I'm just saddened by how influential the anti gers media have been on our support, it's frightening, to the point we're even discussing who's MW's replacement. We've had a poor start, big wahoo, we'll be lucky to come second if you listen to them, big wahoo. The quicker every fan realises that we're gonnae have to battle against everyone of these no mark teams this year the better.  Where's the togetherness? The fan base need to show our true colours this year regardless. Now, then, forever ??

After reading posts on this forum, it would appear that the magic has vanished from the hat.

If they had been gubbed 6-0 by City, would this thread be so bitter, by some?

I fear that the tims have a better team than we thought, and we don't have as good a team as we thought.

The gap, between us, and them, is a wee bit wider than we thought it was, which makes us impatient to close that gap.

We've not had 'The Rub of The Green' lately, and they certainly had on wed night, which makes my blood boil a bit.

The sheep were very lucky to walk away with 3 points on Sunday. I thought we were the better team, and deserved, at the very least, a point from the game if not more. We played better, without being superb, and we were fucked over by the referee.

Hopefully the players will be fired up, and give Partick Thistle a bit of a doing, however, if we play well and only win 1-0, then I'll be happy we got the 3 points. We've got a new bunch of players in this season, & they need time to gel, let's give them that time please bears.:541:

Well summed up but they ain't that much better imo, few key points to note, we walk on the park it's everycunt we're playings cup final, they walk on and the other teams a goal down already wae the fear factor which we need to get back sharpish, they've had some dodgy refereeing decisions go for them (2 blatant red cards for example) we cannae even get the benefit of the doubt on an iffy but good tackle.  The magic hat needs all our support as do the squad now more than ever. Too many lemmings buy into the gloom n doom. Never forget, never forgive. No one likes us, we don't care!!

On 29/09/2016 at 2:40 AM, The Wee General said:

Can you imagine this situation being acceptable from any of our great former managers, ie

Bill Struth; Scot Symon; John Greig; Jock Wallace; Graham Souness; Walter Smith or Alex Mcleish....Not on your nelly.

I totally agree with your overall point but John Greig MBE was not a great manager or anywhere near one

2 Scottish & league cups and no league titles during a 5yr spell does not make him a great manager.

In fact apart from administration/demotion, I remember his time as manager as 1 of our worst periods ever.

7 hours ago, Badger said:

I am not happy about the situation, but we are about £15-20m a year in wage budget, and about £15- £20m in signings behind Celtic.

Reality is our squad is far closer in value and wage budget to Aberdeen, than Celtic. I believe Aberdeen has about a £4m a year wage Budget, us around £8m.... the tims about £25m.

Statistics do not lie - there hasn't been, since the advent of the SPL, a squad with less than £20m of combined transfer fees winning the league. Our combined total is £5m... Celtic are about £25m.

Thats the total outlay of the current squad.

Are we getting value.... no but.... there is a chasm between us and them!

With 43,000 ST's sold the budget doesn't appear equitable.

7 hours ago, bluenose1975 said:

I'm just saddened by how influential the anti gers media have been on our support, it's frightening, to the point we're even discussing who's MW's replacement. We've had a poor start, big wahoo, we'll be lucky to come second if you listen to them, big wahoo. The quicker every fan realises that we're gonnae have to battle against everyone of these no mark teams this year the better.  Where's the togetherness? The fan base need to show our true colours this year regardless. Now, then, forever ??

Fuck all to do with the media. Supporters have eyes, they've watched the team struggle and make the same mistakes time and time again since March. I'm all for supporting my team as I do financially every year by hardly missing a game but in order for us to improve we have to adapt, change and learn and this doesn't happen. We play the same way when we are winning and losing and that is our downfall. We've lost 8 important games since March - a better manager would've won at least half of those games. ??

13 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

With 43,000 ST's sold the budget doesn't appear equitable.

One question I want you to answer; do you know for a fact the board haven't backed Mark Warburton and signed the players he wanted? It's a one word answer! ??

8 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Fuck all to do with the media. Supporters have eyes, they've watched the team struggle and make the same mistakes time and time again since March. I'm all for supporting my team as I do financially every year by hardly missing a game but in order for us to improve we have to adapt, change and learn and this doesn't happen. We play the same way when we are winning and losing and that is our downfall. We've lost 8 important games since March - a better manager would've won at least half of those games. ??

Half of those games or half of an even greater number? We won important games last season.