We're in good shape

The Wee General

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

McCoist lost to the worst team in Scotland (at the time) who's manager wasn't even at the game, Rangers budget was the equivalent to an SPL's team at this point, unbelievable that you're trying to stick up for him there. Embarrassing really 

Lol well you got the wrong end of the stick but I can see your error that thinking AMc was ally. It Alex - others got it tho' 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, kanjo said:

Debenture holder pre-admin, kept the same seat since. I'm not looking for your approval here chief, nor am i asking for your final thoughts on my opinion.  I've been through the best and the worse and i'd like to assume my opinion matters. 

Speaking of which, are you a ST holder? Or one of these various keyboard supporters who like to argue despite investing nothing?

In answer to your question. Next year will be 30 years unbroken season ticket holder, oh and a shareholder, but it's not about that. It's the fact you are talking about not renewing because of what is happening this season. Is that the actions of a real supporter ?

3 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

I don't play it or use it,but you can't just dismiss it because it doesn't suit your agenda. Facts are facts wether we like them or not

So fuck it then,we should just accept mediocrity from top to bottom at the club because we were in the bottom division a few years ago?

People always find excuses when we're playing shite,it was happening for years under the Gardener and admittedly I was one of them up until we lost that cup final to Raith Rovers.

This "rebuilding" nonsense will popup again next season if there's no real investment in the squad,it's a deflection tactic used by cretins.

15 hours ago, The Wee General said:

A statement used frequently by our current manager. At this moment, we are currently lying 7th in a piss poor league of 12.

Can you imagine this situation being acceptable from any of our great former managers, ie

Bill Struth; Scot Symon; John Greig; Jock Wallace; Graham Souness; Walter Smith or Alex Mcleish....Not on your nelly.

But somehow, some of us believe that we are on track with our current manager Mark Warburton, to reclaim the heights and expectations that we demand and expect of our Glasgow Rangers Football Club.

What I want firstly is a board that properly funds the club. Secondly, a manager who understands that success is paramount to the countless thousands who support the club worldwide. Thirdly, that the manager instills in the players the importance of our history and expectations of the club and it's fans.

Basically,  what I'm saying is....just being "in good shape" ain't fuckin good enough.

What's all the fuss man - am in good shape too

Funny Good Shape II.PNG

15 hours ago, The Wee General said:

You have clarified my point succinctly. I hope that MW is not using us as some experiment to tinker with tactics and formations that he puts in his locker for his future managerial experience. He must see his strongest team for us, why not play it?

We are not fuckin Brentford. We have a massive cup tie against the scum coming up....to be fair, and this hurts, they played tonight like we need to...we must win. Simples.

....and if he failed with us in this 'piss poor league' who would want him in England?

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

(tu)

I would think that it's the 139 years in the top flight that actually count mate ( not including this season),  making our average success rate ±39.5%, but your illustration (with a few numerical tweaks)  is sound and you have made a few valid points.

Although your illustration does bring the current situation down to a more realistic statistical view, it does not however allow for the emotional side of the argument, or salve the pain we are all feeling about how the start to this season has emerged so far.

If only sorting out the team's on field problems were as simple as doing a few calculations and coming up with the right conclusions we would all be much happier as the outlook would be easy to solve.

I understand the feelings of a lot of our support and I'm in agreement with some aspects (Players not good enough/the manager's team selections being the main ones), but not with the calling for the manager's head, as I think the situation does not warrant such drastic steps so far.

I like what MW has done for The Club and believe he has a future with us, I hope he gets the chance and that he can turn it all around and get the team he requires to follow his formula through to a consistently winning one.

If he can turn things around by the end of this season, I would expect him to get another to achieve what we all want the most(the 55th senior title), hopefully, if not .... then perhaps my stance will be different .....;)

:uk:

Cracking logical post m8

Determining how good a shape we are in, is about benchmarking against the competition and our biggest competitors are the scum, so where are we?

I watched the Man City game last night, expecting the scum to get slaughtered, as you do. 

I was shocked. They went at City from the off. Box to box, 4 or 5 passes, BANG!  I think that's how you play a passing game, not fucking 10 minutes of square fucking passes across the midfield, with the oppo gathered men behind the ball falling asleep waiting on you advancing and laughing their cocks off. I know, I am exaggerating, but you get the point.

Possession is one thing, tactics another. We are just too square, allowing the oppo to defend in numbers, making it doubly difficult to break them down. Why does MW persist with this, God only knows? Our movement off the ball gets worse, not giving angles to receive a pass. That is lack of effort and down right hiding in some cases. There is something far wrong with this team, including passion and it's not all down to the players, albeit we will need better quality if we are to challenge the scum. I've said it before and say it again, the little ability and creativity that our players have, has been coached out of them to rigidly follow a system .

The other thing is, if MW was a decent manager and not wrapped up in his malignant self belief, he should have been there last night and witnessed first hand as to what we will really be up against in future. They are the benchmark whether he likes it or not and he should have been there to work out just how the fuck he is going to stop them. Oh that's right, he doesn't, it's all about how we play, plan A again and with that attitude it tells all as to why we are not progressing. A nice guy with a closed mind.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Determining how good a shape we are in, is about benchmarking against the competition and our biggest competitors are the scum, so where are we?

I watched the Man City game last night, expecting the scum to get slaughtered, as you do. 

I was shocked. They went at City from the off. Box to box, 4 or 5 passes, BANG!  I think that's how you play a passing game, not fucking 10 minutes of square fucking passes across the midfield, with the oppo gathered men behind the ball falling asleep waiting on you advancing and laughing their cocks off. I know, I am exaggerating, but you get the point.

Possession is one thing, tactics another. We are just too square, allowing the oppo to defend in numbers, making it doubly difficult to break them down. Why does MW persist with this, God only knows? Our movement off the ball gets worse, not giving angles to receive a pass. That is lack of effort and down right hiding in some cases. There is something far wrong with this team, including passion and it's not all down to the players, albeit we will need better quality if we are to challenge the scum. I've said it before and say it again, the little ability and creativity that our players have, has been coached out of them to rigidly follow a system .

The other thing is, if MW was a decent manager and not wrapped up in his malignant self belief, he should have been there last night and witnessed first hand as to what we will really be up against in future. They are the benchmark whether he likes it or not and he should have been there to work out just how the fuck he is going to stop them. Oh that's right, he doesn't, it's all about how we play, plan A again and with that attitude it tells all as to why we are not progressing. A nice guy with a closed mind.

Away and support them then - you seem to fucking love them. 

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

What does that mean? How can a team being too square allow an opposing team to defend in numbers, most teams will have a zonal shape when they defend in numbers. Regardless of anything we do teams that defend the way they do at Ibrox will retain their shape for much of the match, especially at the beginning.

12 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

What does that mean? How can a team being too square allow an opposing team to defend in numbers, most teams will have a zonal shape when they defend in numbers. Regardless of anything we do teams that defend the way they do at Ibrox will retain their shape for much of the match, especially at the beginning.

What I am saying, none too well, is that we are a slow as a week in the jail going forward, whether at home or away.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

What I am saying, none too well, is that we are a slow as a week in the jail going forward, whether at home or away.

It's a poor comparison to use Man City as an example. Even the most creative players can find it difficult to play against a rigid defensive formation. I think we can anticipate that the next match will see the opposition making it difficult to break down, and they will hope to play a long ball from defence into a counter-attack. I would really like to see us go a goal or two in the lead in a match and then see what this team is really capable of. Chasing the game by losing an early goal gives us double the problem.

52 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

So fuck it then,we should just accept mediocrity from top to bottom at the club because we were in the bottom division a few years ago?

People always find excuses when we're playing shite,it was happening for years under the Gardener and admittedly I was one of them up until we lost that cup final to Raith Rovers.

This "rebuilding" nonsense will popup again next season if there's no real investment in the squad,it's a deflection tactic used by cretins.

Show me any top team that has won whilst rebuilding.  

Just because we're used to buying success doesn't mean that it can always happen. The fact (another one there) warburton is very highly regarded in England tells you all you need to know. Things aren't going great by any means at the moment but all it takes is that one peice of play to produce a goal and the points will come flooding in.

we can't demand a manager lose his job less than 18 months into a restructuring project because we've been abit shaky. The fella has made a lot of sacrifices to come here- namely his married and personal life. The guy puts in the hours and we should trust him to get it right 

8 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's a poor comparison to use Man City as an example. Even the most creative players can find it difficult to play against a rigid defensive formation. I think we can anticipate that the next match will see the opposition making it difficult to break down, and they will hope to play a long ball from defence into a counter-attack. I would really like to see us go a goal or two in the lead in a match and then see what this team is really capable of. Chasing the game by losing an early goal gives us double the problem.

I actually wasn't using City as the comparison, but the scum, who are the benchmark in Scotland at this moment in time. Both teams attacked one another at pace. One, two touch football as direct as you will get, as the score line suggests. For us, whether we are at home or away, it's the same script. It never changes. Play the ball out from the keeper to the back line, who all look uncomfortable with it I may add, then to the midfield and back again if an oppo player presses, then forward, then square and back and repeat and repeat, whilst the oppo's central defence at the other end of the park has just fell asleep. Exaggerating the point of course.

Someone coined the phrase on here, we need possession with penetration, whereas our possession is more about for the sake of it, in not giving the ball away and for me, they are uncomfortable with it, as our results suggest.

2 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Just because we're used to buying success doesn't mean that it can always happen. The fact (another one there) warburton is very highly regarded in England tells you all you need to know.

Things aren't going great by any means at the moment but all it takes is that one peice of play to produce a goal and the points will come flooding in.

we can't demand a manager lose his job less than 18 months into a restructuring project because we've been abit shaky.

The fella has made a lot of sacrifices to come here- namely his married and personal life. The guy puts in the hours and we should trust him to get it right 

1. This is Scotland. Not Spain,England,Germany or Italy.

2. So he may very well be highly regarding down south,and what exactly is your point? If he can't cut it here he'll be gone.

3. All it takes is one piece of play to cut us wide open,which is an absolute farce and is easily the worst defence in the top flight I have ever seen in my lifetime.

4. I haven't called for him to be sacked,and to be perfectly honest we've been a bit "shaky" for well over a year now and nothing has been done about it.

5. Spare me the sad violin routine he's here to do a job and if he isn't up to it like I've said before,he'll be off.

27 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

and right on cue!

That's what you get on here these days BA.

Everyone else is shite.

Q. Do you watch them?

A. Naw but they're shite.

Reply: Well I watched them as they're better than us and to see what we're up against and they played well. 

Answer: Fuck off ya taig/ away and support them blah blah blah.

It's mental.

Yet some think we're doing well, some think we're the best footballing team, and others just bizarrely think it'll all just come good and we'll win the league.

Mental.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I actually wasn't using City as the comparison, but the scum, who are the benchmark in Scotland at this moment in time. Both teams attacked one another at pace. One, two touch football as direct as you will get, as the score line suggests. For us, whether we are at home or away, it's the same script. It never changes. Play the ball out from the keeper to the back line, who all look uncomfortable with it I may add, then to the midfield and back again if an oppo player presses, then forward, then square and back and repeat and repeat, whilst the oppo's central defence at the other end of the park has just fell asleep. Exaggerating the point of course.

Someone coined the phrase on here, we need possession with penetration, whereas our possession is more about for the sake of it, in not giving the ball away and for me, they are uncomfortable with it, as our results suggest.

We played a very fluent second half against Hamilton, and against Dundee we played nice attacking football. I think it's about players, and certain players either not performing well or not having the ability to do so. I think we have seen indications that Windass has that certain something to change the creative dynamic in the midfield, and if we can get Rossiter back soon then those two could make a telling contribution for the rest of the season. That they are young players might mean inconsistency for a while, but they in particular give much cause for optimism.

7 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Just because we're used to buying success doesn't mean that it can always happen. The fact (another one there) warburton is very highly regarded in England tells you all you need to know. Things aren't going great by any means at the moment but all it takes is that one peice of play to produce a goal and the points will come flooding in.

we can't demand a manager lose his job less than 18 months into a restructuring project because we've been abit shaky. The fella has made a lot of sacrifices to come here- namely his married and personal life. The guy puts in the hours and we should trust him to get it right 

OK. One piece of play produces a goal. As long as the opposition do not score we get 3 points; hardly a flood.

A bit shaky? We are more shaky than Alf Ippititimus.

15 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

A manager who has not gave one youngster a chance and has signed over aged players who are nowhere near fit. Warburtons took us back the way in terms of Youth.

Promised a lot though.

8 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

That's what you get on here these days BA.

Everyone else is shite.

Q. Do you watch them?

A. Naw but they're shite.

Reply: Well I watched them as they're better than us and to see what we're up against and they played well. 

Answer: Fuck off ya taig/ away and support them blah blah blah.

It's mental.

Yet some think we're doing well, some think we're the best footballing team, and others just bizarrely think it'll all just come good and we'll win the league.

Mental.

I'm Glad the Hearts game has been moved as i watched them in their first game against the Scum and they played well and were unlucky to lose. 

Would have been a tough game.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

I'm Glad the Hearts game has been moved as i watched them in their first game against the Scum and they played well and were unlucky to lose. 

Think they're a tall robust athletic team. The sort who will cause us problems.

Only seem highlights of their games but they looked assured from what I've seen.