We're in good shape

The Wee General

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's really a two horse race though, not at the moment. Given time we will be serious contenders, but I have never thought we would win the league this season. We will compete, but finishing second this season, sadly, will be an achievement in the longer term context.

So with 43,000 st holders, you think we can only compete with the likes of the rest of this piss poor league. 

Can any of you it will take time folk, give us any idea just how long you think we should just let the mhanks win the league for? 

Fucking hell if that's what they consider good shape I'd hate to see what they consider bad shape - like maybe slipping a place into 8th or something.

I'm tired of being treated as if we are stupid as fans. I'm already looking forward until this season is finished and then we can consider things for real improvements if that means replacements and investment .. proper appointments and proper investments then great but my worry is the people who are saying "give the management and players this season" then have another soundbyte come the end of the season ... nonsense like "they will have learned from last seasons mistakes and in a position to challenge now" is my bet.

2 hours ago, Chineseboy said:

We are a better footballing side than anyone else in the league, it just needs a slight adjustment and tweeking to things, not to mention staying free of injuries. We have been having shit luck ,too. Look at the tims game last night, they just hump the ball forwards and get shit loads of luck.

A better football side xcores more goals than the opposition. That is not a slight adjustment in our case. Every team suffers injuries. I didn't see last night's game but it appears to me that they play to their strenghts, forwards who can score and do not try to walk the ball into the net.

16 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So with 43,000 st holders, you think we can only compete with the likes of the rest of this piss poor league. 

Can any of you it will take time folk, give us any idea just how long you think we should just let the mhanks win the league for? 

It's very little to do with the attendance but has everything to do with the team on the park. In my opinion the SPL is under-rated, especially when it comes to winning away from home consistently, do we have a team that for that task already? We don't have a solid midfield as of yet, although we are getting there with one or two players- unless you have the strongest midfield you will never win a league championship. How long before we begin to challenge for the league? You're guess is as good as mine, but I would argue that asking for that this season is stretching it a bit.

5 hours ago, Alec87 said:

Not one missed season you say and you want to chuck it now ?

Na, don't believe you.

Debenture holder pre-admin, kept the same seat since. I'm not looking for your approval here chief, nor am i asking for your final thoughts on my opinion.  I've been through the best and the worse and i'd like to assume my opinion matters. 

Speaking of which, are you a ST holder? Or one of these various keyboard supporters who like to argue despite investing nothing?

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's very little to do with the attendance but has everything to do with the team on the park. In my opinion the SPL is under-rated, especially when it comes to winning away from home consistently, do we have a team that for that task already? We don't have a solid midfield as of yet, although we are getting there with one or two players- unless you have the strongest midfield you will never win a league championship. How long before we begin to challenge for the league? You're guess is as good as mine, but I would argue that asking for that this season is stretching it a bit.

So the fact our income is far beyond every team but them in this league makes no difference in your eyes. 

So by your own admission the board and manager have had 3 transfer windows to get ready for this league but have failed, but it's ok just give them time. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So the fact our income is far beyond every team but them in this league makes no difference in your eyes. 

So by your own admission the board and manager have had 3 transfer windows to get ready for this league but have failed, but it's ok just give them time. 

They have not had three SPL transfer windows though. I don't disagree that we will be better than all the rest, but are we in a two-horse race? Our income is higher than most, but it is nowhere near our nearest rivals, at the moment. To get back to my point about the midfield, it isn't the strongest either. In fact we hardly had a midfield at all last season.

7 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

We have been in unprecedented waters these last 5 years - none of those managers quoted had to deal with anything like it - closest being AMc who had to deal with a reducing budget. 

On similar terms never has a board had to deal with successive financial messes and while they are tasked with making sure we never over commit again they have a lot of shite to sort.

The current board and management team are,in my opinion, only a short period into a rebuilding process that there is no precedent for. Our expectations are for instant success and change, but rebuilding is seldom like that - yes our fans have high expectations but the current bloodlust displayed by some is unworthy of what most, last year, accepted would take 2-3 years. 

We as a support are not doing our bit by this howling at the moon - and some would have us go chopping and changing what is basically a sound strategy, management team and board - is that what we want every time we have a bad spell? Calm down and be pateient - evaluate at the end of the season and let's move on 

McCoist lost to the worst team in Scotland (at the time) who's manager wasn't even at the game, Rangers budget was the equivalent to an SPL's team at this point, unbelievable that you're trying to stick up for him there. Embarrassing really 

One thing I will say in Warburton's defence is we've not had the best of luck injury wise or Barton wise so far. If we can keep Windass fit for more than 3 games in a row it'd help us a lot. Rossiter as well. And we've yet to see anywhere near the best of Barton because once again his loud mouth has fucked him. 

We've got good players but there's something drastically missing and it's the managers job to fix that. 

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

They have not had three SPL transfer windows though. I don't disagree that we will be better than all the rest, but are we in a two-horse race? Our income is higher than most, but it is nowhere near our nearest rivals, at the moment. To get back to my point about the midfield, it isn't the strongest either. In fact we hardly had a midfield at all last season.

We had no midfield last year. :lol: 

On that bombshell I'll leave you. 

2 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

One thing I will say in Warburton's defence is we've not had the best of luck injury wise or Barton wise so far. If we can keep Windass fit for more than 3 games in a row it'd help us a lot. Rossiter as well. And we've yet to see anywhere near the best of Barton because once again his loud mouth has fucked him. 

We've got good players but there's something drastically missing and it's the managers job to fix that. 

We badly need what Windass gives us.

5 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

It's crazy how much of a better team we look with him in midfield - Old Firm aside obviously

Crazy but in a bad way too as we should still have more than enough without him and the couple of other injuries to be doing a lot better than 7th place and only a few league wins since April.

One player should never make us tick. There's so many faults all round in my eyes but the buck stops with Warburton. His methods looked revolutionary last season in the lower division but this season he looks like he's out his depth and incapable of changing anything. David Weir too. I've been wondering a lot recently what he actually brings to us.

We are a better footballing side than anyone else in the league, it just needs a slight adjustment and tweeking to things, not to mention staying free of injuries. We have been having shit luck ,too. Look at the tims game last night, they just hump the ball forwards and get shit loads of luck.

You talk one lot of dross at times.

Slight adjustment and tweaks. Aye right. 

That mobs football last night until they tired and did go long was far better and more dynamic than they showed against us last game, or that we have anywhere near shown this season. Or since April's semi. Or since Christmas before that one game.

Yes we'll get better but take off the blinkers.

You've lost the plot if you think we are a better footballing side than anyone in the league. When did you see this?

As for the tims, the difference is their strikers need half a chance and they can make something of it and they do it when it matters, ours need three touches.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You talk one lot of dross at times.

Slight adjustment and tweaks. Aye right. 

That mobs football last night until they tired and did go long was far better and more dynamic than they showed against us last game, or that we have anywhere near shown this season. Or since April's semi. Or since Christmas before that one game.

Yes we'll get better but take off the blinkers.

See where we are at the end of the season, then remember to quote me. We DO attempt to play football the way it is meant to be played, something we all loved last year, but some, actually most on here, fail to realise that playing in a higher league means he players need to adjust. It will come, hopefully soon, but it will come. I know results are important, but many are blinded by it.

As a support we are always in good shape. As a football team right now the shape is skewed. I for 1 doubt MW is the one to remould this team.                     Rangers is proven to be more about the people than the manager and players. Bring on the partick, the other glagow team. :uk:

Time is not something a manager -- or player -- has at a club like The Rangers.  MW better get this sorted or he will see the door.  We do not have patience..never will have.  We expect excellence from top to bottom in our club -- in every area.  Not just on the pitch either.  It's precisely this attitude that makes us who we are.  Champions.  That's just the way it is.  Results, results, and. results.

Winning pretty is nice.. but so is just winning any way you can.  I'll give Warbs a bit more time -- but that is as far as my patience will go.  He can't put the ball in the back of the net himself...but it's his job to find a way to win. If he can't do that, well... bye.

WATP and GSTQ. (tu)

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

In our 114yr history we have won 54 top flight and 3 lower league titles = 57 from 114 which basically is 50% success rate at winning the league, this notion that because we are Rangers we should be winning it every year doesn't wash.

If we go down the road that that we must win the league every single year now we will end up sacking more managers than fucking bhs.

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

144 fuck me nights are killing me

(tu)

I would think that it's the 139 years in the top flight that actually count mate ( not including this season),  making our average success rate ±39.5%, but your illustration (with a few numerical tweaks)  is sound and you have made a few valid points.

Although your illustration does bring the current situation down to a more realistic statistical view, it does not however allow for the emotional side of the argument, or salve the pain we are all feeling about how the start to this season has emerged so far.

If only sorting out the team's on field problems were as simple as doing a few calculations and coming up with the right conclusions we would all be much happier as the outlook would be easy to solve.

I understand the feelings of a lot of our support and I'm in agreement with some aspects (Players not good enough/the manager's team selections being the main ones), but not with the calling for the manager's head, as I think the situation does not warrant such drastic steps so far.

I like what MW has done for The Club and believe he has a future with us, I hope he gets the chance and that he can turn it all around and get the team he requires to follow his formula through to a consistently winning one.

If he can turn things around by the end of this season, I would expect him to get another to achieve what we all want the most(the 55th senior title), hopefully, if not .... then perhaps my stance will be different .....;)

:uk:

33 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

See where we are at the end of the season, then remember to quote me. We DO attempt to play football the way it is meant to be played, something we all loved last year, but some, actually most on here, fail to realise that playing in a higher league means he players need to adjust. It will come, hopefully soon, but it will come. I know results are important, but many are blinded by it.

But all last season we were told that there was little difference in the quality of teams in the Premier League and the Championship.

44 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

Ah so we will be the best footballing side, but we're not now. Get you 

And I'll likely not remember to quote you but imo the best footballing side will win the league. Do you think that will be us? Or will it be the bheggars that aren't as good a football side but are lucky and hump the ball?