Right here goes ..

K.A.I

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Pretty much how I saw it, he tried to Walter them today but we don't have the players with the quality or the spirit to do that.

I was disappointed with the manager and some of our players today and it's getting to the point where without excusing any poor performances  I wonder if the manager has lost the confidence of the players.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

The best team won.

We didn't even look close to winning that game today.

We were happy sitting deep trying to catch them on a lucky break. That's OK doing that during the Smith days when we had Gough & Brown in central defence with Goram (albiet I think Gilks did well enough today) and midfielders like Gascoigne, Albertz, Laudrup who could break and the likes of McCoist or Hateley or could stick them away.

I know it's different times and we don't have that aforementioned quality which leads me on to my next point - we had zero quality anywhere on that pitch. It's blatantly obvious.

Celtic aren't even a good team - they were there for the taking but we have zero quality that can take advantage of that. Again, King - over to you pal and your promises, although I won't hold my breath.

Our defence actually had a decent enough game today even of Hill got lucky for the disallowed goal and Wallace made a cunt of it for the late Celtic winner but ultimately the goal came from a defensive error which is too much of a regular occurrance with us to be bad luck or coincidence.

Now onto Warburton ...

I said at the start of the game when the team was confirmed that that was a fucking ridiculous team selection and I stand by that 100%.

Don't let the fact that the winner went in in something like 87 minutes fool you into thinking it was a close game and we were unlucky - we weren't - we showed fuck-all.

The only issue with our 4-3-3 isn't the formation in principle it's the fact that 3 inter-changable fowards are everywhere but inside the box. We didn't look any more like scoring today with a flooded midfield and Miller upfront himself.

Then the master-stroke to win us the game ... bring on Jo Dodoo ... Jo fucking Dodoo. I am not a big O'Halloran fan by any means but since we were playing the counter-attacking game then why not him for his pace? and sooner rather than later ahead of that wee McKay who does literally fuck-all.

All Garner does is go flying in and get defenders blood pressure up .. some folk love that. For me it has it's up sides but I'd rather see someone who can actually fucking play a bit and didn't cost almost 2 million.

I'm not calling for Warburton to go (yet) but games like today he does himself no favours when he's no further forward in his own mind for a strongest XI and tinkers in our biggest game of the season and most realistic chance of winning silverware.

Him and Weir and not the Greek-God's the fanbase think they are. But sacking them? bit soon for that ...

Thin ice for me.

Absolute pish. Throw away your play station controller and come and live in the real world.celtic have had the luxury of building a team over the last four years and latterly have tweaked it with a bit of quality up front. We have no money and are trying to compete with signings form Leicester reserves,Liverpool reserves and a couple from Accrington Stanley. Yes garner and moh have been disappointing but that's where we are. Warburton is doing all he can with the resources available both on the field and off.Please gers fans stop expecting the quick fix.  it ain't gonna happen.

Pollok sober bear here speaking at the game a left thinking we gave wur all and it just wasn't enough I didnt feel to bad. How wrong was I just watched the game again we wur so nervous it was unreal. Thing that hurts me the most was no clear cut chances. Someone please tell me I'm wrong? 

Plus points hill man of the match. McKay get your finger oot yer arse.

14 minutes ago, buloothebear said:

Absolute pish. Throw away your play station controller and come and live in the real world.celtic have had the luxury of building a team over the last four years and latterly have tweaked it with a bit of quality up front. We have no money and are trying to compete with signings form Leicester reserves,Liverpool reserves and a couple from Accrington Stanley. Yes garner and moh have been disappointing but that's where we are. Warburton is doing all he can with the resources available both on the field and off.Please gers fans stop expecting the quick fix.  it ain't gonna happen.

I think it's you that needs to live in the real world - check the likes and all the comments in agreement.

Or is everyone else wrong and you are right? are you the only one living in the real world?

I agree with the problems - you mention Liverpool and Leicester reserves and Accrington Stanley ...so did you miss the part in my OP when I said we need investment? the players gave all but there was no quality there? that's the narrative of mine and you are going on and agreeing with it ... strange guy you.

26 minutes ago, buloothebear said:

Things should be getting fixed by now m8.

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

doesn't matter who Warburton would've picked mate we lack the quality needed to win this game atm Waggy dodoo MOH or garner ain't at the level required. Yes we can say the manager signed them but what was his alternatives

DK needs to back or sack Warburton nothing in-between

if somebody wants to pay 2 million for waggy take the money now throw in McKay foc

Sometimes we just have to admit we were not the better team and that is very much the case.  MW has had three transfer windows and spent £1.5m on a striker who, quite simply... is shite.

Someone else said the job is too big for him and I am honestly starting to feel that way too.  Winning the Championship was down to the quality but everything is becoming stagnated now and just isn't enjoyable. 

I don't want to go full-Celtc fan here and start shouting for change because we have a very good (and proud) record of the amount of managers we've had but change is needed.

The Gaffer wants to play a certain way which is admirable. 

A great manager will adapt his system to best fit his squad. No point in playing 4-3-3 and possessive football when you don't have the right players to play 4-3-3 and possessive football.  

He could change it though, but he won't. 

Perhaps today we seen a wee glimpse of a plan b

3 hours ago, MasterD said:

Could've easily been another humping. Last seasons semi could've been a humping too had they taken their chances, I think the result in that game glossed over a lot of it tbh.

We're miles away. 77 shots they've had in the last 3 games against us now, meanwhile we barely look like getting anywhere near their box.

Teams not good enough, tactics aren't good enough.

Great post.

That 77 shots thing is telling. We are too easy to get at and don't affect the game far enough up the park. Given we were happy to sit in and play on the break I was astonished at the 433. I don't mind playing on break if we are solid and we created some chances but they had 4 times as many and we were so easy to get at. As we were in last 2 games. Why we dont match their 4231 I'll never know.....we have the personnel for it. 

4 hours ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

He's a good player but one who doesn't fit into our style of play whatsoever. If we change how we play then I believe he would thrive and score goals for us but Warburton won't change it which makes Garner a waste of money.

What has he done to show he's a good player. Hasn't held ball up well, hasn't got on to the end of anything in front of goal - yes it's been limited but the few that has he has scuffed. He goes down at the slightest touch and doesn't link play. Sorry for being negative but he's shown nothing yet!

6 minutes ago, one cutty young said:

What has he done to show he's a good player. Hasn't held ball up well, hasn't got on to the end of anything in front of goal - yes it's been limited but the few that has he has scuffed. He goes down at the slightest touch and doesn't link play. Sorry for being negative but he's shown nothing yet!

He's a proven goal scorer in League 1 down south which is a better standard than our league but he's a penalty box striker who thrives off of good deliveries into the box. 

We try and walk the ball into the goal.

It's completely opposite styles of play which makes signing him pointless if the manager had no intention of playing a style that will bring the best out of him.

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

He's a proven goal scorer in League 1 down south which is a better standard than our league but he's a penalty box striker who thrives off of good deliveries into the box. 

It's completely opposite styles of play which makes signing him pointless if the manager had no intention of playing a style that will bring the best out of him.

In the few games he's played he's scuffed most of the chances he's had - he doesn't strike the ball well at all. 

2 minutes ago, one cutty young said:

In the few games he's played he's scuffed most of the chances he's had - he doesn't strike the ball well at all. 

In his last 2 seasons in League 1 before Preston were promoted he scored 51 goals in 88 games. With all due respect I think he can strike a ball just fine.

Maybe he's frustrated at the lack of decent service or low on confidence. Or both?

The big things for me is that I'm not seeing progression. Is the team better than it was last September? The football on display definitely isn't. Has the 10+ signings improved us this season to the next level? How many of the players from last year have improved? Has the manager improved? Is he showing signs of getting better as a manager? Is his decision making getting better?

The next big thing is I don't see what direction the manager is going in anymore.

Young hungry players that we can develop and move on was what he came in saying.

Gilks, Hill, Senderos, Wallace, Barton, Kranjcar, Garner, Miller. In terms of development they are all write offs, in terms of value on sales well I don't know. Maybe get £1m combined for Wallace & Garner if you hold a gun to someone's head.

Foderingham, Tavernier, Kiernan, Wilson, Hodson, Forrester, Halliday, O'Halloran, Waghorn. 24-26 year olds. Depending on what studies you want to read/believe these are partly peak years for most modern footballers, (I know people will point to this player and that player but they are the exception), that's not to say they just get bad but they tend to be at their limits in terms of development, they have a slow gradual decline until later 20s early 30s. So how many if any of these players are likely to develop further in terms of individual ability? In terms of sale value, most big money transfers out of Scotland the players are gone by 25/26. Buying teams in England want them at an age where they can resell and make something back on the player. At their current ability Fod & Tav could probably demand the highest fees of a couple of million each. The rest aren't worth much at all IMO.

So then we are left with the "young hungry players that we can develop", players young enough that they can get better and at an age where we can demand a good fee. Windass, Rossiter, Crooks, Holt, McKay, Dodoo. 3 guys that can't get a boner without getting injured. A guy who's best attribute is apparently finding and running about in space, a guy who would be scared of his reflection, and Dodoo who is so far indescribable. Apart from the negatives these are the guys that have more time to get better if they can stay fit and get games. How many of them do we see developing into very good players? How many of them will develop to be game changers? How many of them are going to get to a level that we can command £5/6/7/8m for a transfer fee? This is supposed to be transfer model.

I already know which bits the MW magic hat brigade will have issues with but they can bite my banger.

9 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

(tu) He needs a left footed winger on the left and a right footed winger on the right, delivering into the box for him.

We've never had that in MW's time here so why the hell would he go and spend £1.8m on him is anyone's guess.