Not one of our outfield squad are good enough

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

28 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Well that's nonsense lol. 

We lost by 1 goal to a team who took 5 off us 6 weeks ago.

Halliday Holt Hodson and Clint Hill were immense today. The attack is becoming a major probelm

Holt immense???

he was bang average at best and simply not good enough for us to compete with the scum and that goes for half the team 

Just now, BigBearButt said:

Kenny Miller was fuckin pish and spent more time fannying about in our half than actually staying upfront and giving us an outball. Its time he was dropped and dodoo or garner given a proper run in the team.

I was getting annoyed at him coming back all the time, but I thought that McKay was a lot worse. I was disappointed with Windlass.

22 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

We couldn't retain possession today. Every time we tried to make simple passes we messed it up. We also looked like we lacked energy.

Major overhaul required, but where are we going get the funds?

Last year we looked incredibly fit, could outrun any team in the country for 90 mins and beyond. Players would charge the ball just to,stop it going out for a throw in for us!

Now look at us, we looked dead on our feet and Wallace in particular looked like he was running with lead boots. All of this with them pressing every player while we just backed off.

I don't know how things have gone so terribly wrong but the dressing room needs a jock Wallace or souness type character in the dressing room to tear them a new one. If any one of those players believes that today was acceptable they need a swift boot up the arse.

I firmly believe this is what Barton's approach had been after the 5-1 game and it didn't go down well with the touchy feely nicely-nice atmosphere Warburton wants.

Its fine when things are going well but when the shit hits the fan you need leaders on and off the park and I really feel that this is lacking big time.

1 minute ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

I'm sure he does, yet I could see the obvious failings of his side since day one. I could see when we played Hibs in our first game last year that if he didn't sort that fucking defence out (Kiernan in particular) over the summer, then he's going to be a monumental failure.

Doesn't matter how much he knows, if his knowledge doesn't win us fucking winning us games/titles/cups, then he will be rightly fucked off out the door. 

It's October, we've had a poor start but I've seen an improvement in our defensive play since August. It's up front we seem to be struggling. 

We have from now until the 31st of December to try and get some momentum behind us and move up the table. I have every faith in Warburton that he will do that. 

The Hogmanay game and our league position by then will be a big indicator as to where we're at imo as I think we're still getting used to the jump up from playing championship sides to premiership ones. 

Hopefully we are at least in second place by then, the Barton issue is resolved and the board release some money for transfers to ensure we have European football to look forward to for next season. If I was Warburton I'd be trying to steal that Maddison boy that's on loan at Aberdeen from Norwich in January. Strengthen us and weaken them. 

Just now, Thewhitesettler said:

I was getting annoyed at him coming back all the time, but I thought that McKay was a lot worse. I was disappointed with Windlass.

I dont think we had many pass marks outside of the defense tbh. Maybe Tav and haliday at a push. Holt needs to stop being a shite bag and learn to shoot instead of looking for a pass in and around the box. Mckay should have dropped weeks ago and hasnt the physicality to compete in an oldfirm game regardless of form.

I would have went with a far more aggressive front line of forrester garner and waghorn with moh and dodoo replacing two later once tired legs kicked in.

7 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

I'm sure he does, yet I could see the obvious failings of his side since day one. I could see when we played Hibs in our first game last year that if he didn't sort that fucking defence out (Kiernan in particular) over the summer, then he's going to be a monumental failure.

Doesn't matter how much he knows, if his knowledge doesn't win us games/titles/cups, then he will be rightly fucked off out the door. 

Keirnan played well today. As did Hill.

Our midfield was pathetically weak. Halliday is not strong enough, aggressive enough or fit enough. 

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

I dont think we had many pass marks outside of the defense tbh. Maybe Tav and haliday at a push. Holt needs to stop being a shite bag and learn to shoot instead of looking for a pass in and around the box. Mckay should have dropped weeks ago and hasnt the physicality to compete in an oldfirm game regardless of form.

I would have went with a far more aggressive front line of forrester garner and waghorn with moh and dodoo replacing two later once tired legs kicked in.

I think this is what he is told to do.

Take a look at his YouTube videos of goals for Sheffield Utd 2 years ago or when he scored against us. He can shoot and has a decent right peg but I think he's been told not to and is just following instructions.

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

got to be the players, look at the amount of misplaced passes today, the amount of times we didnt have space, the tarriers i hate with a passion but today they passed and moved us off the park for 90mins, every pass they played was to a body in 10 yards of space, only time we had space was when it went back to gilks

But if Warburton dropped his obsession with the slow and predictable 4-3-3 it might improve how we move the ball. Maybe. But maybe yer right.

29 minutes ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

Nah, Celtic are a better team than us at this point but we are more than a match for anyone else in this league. 

With us having home games versus Aberdeen, Hearts and Celtic to come before the winter break I expect us to close the gap for second place and kick on in the second half of the season. 

I like your optomisim :D

But don't  you think the Hertz or sheep would have at least put some pressure on their defence ?

Just now, BigBearButt said:

Were MOH & Harry, on the sub's bench today?

I don't know what the problem is with MOH, has he said something out of turn?

I like Forrester, he always tries, even if he's not having the best of games you know that he'll give 100%.

4 minutes ago, Sam English Loyal said:

But if Warburton dropped his obsession with the slow and predictable 4-3-3 it might improve how we move the ball. Maybe. But maybe yer right.

even slow and predictable id agree with, however the amount of 5 yard passed missed today were not warburtons fault

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I like your optomisim :D

But don't  you think the Hertz or sheep would have at least put some pressure on their defence ?

No. Aberdeen and Hearts will probably give them a hard game at their own stadiums but at Parkhead and Hampden I think Celtic would hammer them.

They have beat Aberdeen 4-1 at home already and I know we lost 5-1 in September but having Senderos sent off with so long to play at 3-1 didn't help us out one bit. 

December will tell us a lot with Aberdeen, Hearts and the tims all playing us at home.

Are they good enough to earn the label at the end of the season of having been 'more than competitive'?   That was the ambition stated a number of times by Warburton at the start of the season.  As we know King's watered down ambition for Rangers this season was to win a European slot for next season.....to be 'competitive' as he put it.  

Are they good enough to achieve that?   It's very much in the balance as far as I'm concerned and its not tipping enough towards a probability of happening.   Another benchmark of progress looms on Weds when St Johnstone visit on Weds and a further when we play Kilmarnock on 29/10.   Failure to take 6 points will indicate the balance is tipping against being good enough.   Its all about results and if they can' deliver on those sorts of games then they really are not good enough.  And that would apply to the management team too. 

1 hour ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

This is absolute bullshit. Stick Smith in as manager, and Kiernan aside, he'd have us competitive again. I'm even starting to think Eck would do a job. There's a surprising amount of talent in our squad that is now being downplayed. Warburton is the weak link, not the players, and thankfully he'll be gone before we replace the whole squad. 

Don't talk garbage,  we gave the ball away to easily today, that is players that cause that, not sure why but the ball was like a hot tattie  at times......if you think the manager sends the players out to play like that then start watching some other sport, the reality is we have inferior players now, until the balance gets redressed the tims will beat us regardless who is in charge of the team.

2 hours ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

This is absolute bullshit. Stick Smith in as manager, and Kiernan aside, he'd have us competitive again. I'm even starting to think Eck would do a job. There's a surprising amount of talent in our squad that is now being downplayed. Warburton is the weak link, not the players, and thankfully he'll be gone before we replace the whole squad. 

Nothing like clinging onto the past like we do in spades. Face facts, the last time the gap between the two sides was this big was before the sourness era and for them when the Fergus appeared and both took a huge cash injection to get back to a level playing field.We don't have that luxury so we have to build and it's gonna take TIME. stop looking backwards.

14 minutes ago, buloothebear said:

Nothing like clinging onto the past like we do in spades. Face facts, the last time the gap between the two sides was this big was before the sourness era and for them when the Fergus appeared and both took a huge cash injection to get back to a level playing field.We don't have that luxury so we have to build and it's gonna take TIME. stop looking backwards.

we dont have time, every season that we cunt it up, they get the chance to hoover up another 20+million in CL money

5 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

And award for most dumb fuck thread of the year goes to...

I mean not 1? FFS.:lol:

tell me one of our players today that would have replaced a tarrier in their side, gliks aside as the thread states outfield players

brown looked a fucking footballer today, scott fucking brown, bad enough losing to that shower of shite but scott brown got the run around on wed night in the CL, today he strolled through the game like he was a fucking superstar, utterly embarrassing

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

tell me one of our players today that would have replaced a tarrier in their side, gliks aside as the thread states outfield players

brown looked a fucking footballer today, scott fucking brown, bad enough losing to that shower of shite but scott brown got the run around on wed night in the CL, today he strolled through the game like he was a fucking superstar, utterly embarrassing

I thought Halliday, Hodson, Hill, Kiernon, and Tav all were passable. Maybe Miller too but only had scraps to feed off. If you are comparing us to them then I'm sure we had players on the pitch today who had a better game than Forrest, Bitton, Lustig and  Armstrong.

We're definitely behind them as a team. That's been proven on the park but we're not 10 outfield players behind them. Three or four decent players would make a massive difference. Sadly our main problem seems to be the manager. Some decisions were baffling. McKay was actually worse than a man down today because every time he got the ball he lost it yet Warburton leaves him on the park until late on. Miller was having a quiet game (mostly due to us not getting the ball to him)  but he is a proven match winner at this level yet Warburton takes him off as first sub. You don't take off your match winners if you want to win a game. Simple.

Apologies for the cunty post which you replied to. I'm not in a good place right now so will leave the internet alone for the rest of the night.

6 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I thought Halliday, Hodson, Hill, Kiernon, and Tav all were passable. Maybe Miller too but only had scraps to feed off. If you are comparing us to them then I'm sure we had players on the pitch today who had a better game than Forrest, Bitton, Lustig and  Armstrong.

We're definitely behind them as a team. That's been proven on the park but we're not 10 outfield players behind them. Three or four decent players would make a massive difference. Sadly our main problem seems to be the manager. Some decisions were baffling. McKay was actually worse than a man down today because every time he got the ball he lost it yet Warburton leaves him on the park until late on. Miller was having a quiet game (mostly due to us not getting the ball to him)  but he is a proven match winner at this level yet Warburton takes him off as first sub. You don't take off your match winners if you want to win a game. Simple.

Apologies for the cunty post which you replied to. I'm not in a good place right now so will leave the internet alone for the rest of the night.

no need for apologies, i still think you're being kind to our team, while the guys you mentioned were passable performance wise, they still wouldnt dislodge any of the papes from their team imo, the beggars centre halves strolled the game, they could have papped up their deckchairs for the first half, tav worked hard but created nothing, as a right mid effectively he didnt do the attacking side of his job, hate saying it but forrest was a more attacking threat for them than tav was for us

Halliday went missing in the 2nd half, badly, looked tired and no wonder, the tarrier midfield ran over the top of us, their passing had us constantly running, last season we wore teams down by passing them to death, guess what, we got that handed back to us today in a big way, they cunts rogic and bitton had so much time and space on the ball

i hate them with a fucking passion, but i wont let that hatred blind me to what i think, today i dont think any of our players played better than their comparative opponent