Rob Kiernan.

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keirnan done well today but he like so many of the squad are not the required standard. 

I would keep the two goalies, Tav,  Wallace and Halliday the rest are only fillers and will not get us to the top. We need around £15m to get us up to the mark - there you go Mr king only have what you promised. 

12 minutes ago, Smile said:

Yep was his mistake that allowed the ball through.

I think Wallace has been the biggest disappointment for me this season .

I like him . He is never a Captain . He has been with us since the early days .

This season so far . He has been pish

If it wasn't for our goalie we would have got pumped. He kept the score down, if half the shots went in it would have been the same as last time. Papering over cracks thinking otherwise, our defending was crap allowing so many shots at goal - especially from 15 yards and under and don't get me started about how much room they had on edge of our box. 

Fucking hate those fuckers beating us 

2 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Keirnan done well today but he like so many of the squad are not the required standard. 

I would keep the two goalies, Tav,  Wallace and Halliday the rest are only fillers and will not get us to the top. We need around £15m to get us up to the mark - there you go Mr king only have what you promised. 

The goalies and Tav I'd agree with, maybe one or two others I'd keep as well but Halliday and Wallace wouldn't be on my list of players to keep.

Two guys who are passionate about the club and say all the right things but when it comes down to it they just aren't good enough to take us where we need to be.

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

The goalies and Tav I'd agree with, maybe one or two others I'd keep as well but Halliday and Wallace wouldn't be on my list of players to keep.

Two guys who are passionate about the club and say all the right things but when it comes down to it they just aren't good enough to take us where we need to be.

I honestly don't rate Halliday because he's a proper bear, I see through all that.  I genuinely rate him and I'm baffled at the ctricism he gets in here sometimes. I think he will,  thrive with better players around him 

An opinion of course - but not blinkered

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Kiernan overall had a better game helped by Hodson who i though protected him better than Tav does.

I think Hodson made a good case today to be a regular starter. Personally I'd like to see a good run of games with Hodson and Tav as our full backs but it won't happen as Wallace is never going to be dropped.

It's starting to look like he might well be the weak link in our defence though.

Fair play to the boy. No bigger critic of him than me, but he was pretty damned solid today.

I thought the only guys that could hold their heads up were Hill, Kiernan, Gilks and Hodson. The rest were varyious shades of shite.

1 minute ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I honestly don't rate Halliday because he's a proper bear, I see through all that.  I genuinely rate him and I'm baffled at the ctricism he gets in here sometimes. I think he will,  thrive with better players around him 

An opinion of course - but not blinkered

Some of the criticism he gets on this forum is over the top. At the same time some of the protection he gets is ridiculous too. I criticised him in the match thread today and had 2 of the forum roasters telling me I must be a tarrier.

I think he's a decent player. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't think just decent is good enough for us though, I fully expected him to be nothing more than a squad player this season and I think he's only featured as much as he has this season because our other signings haven't quite worked out.

He didn't get near Scott Brown today and this was supposed to be the game where he showed up Joey Barton's performance in the last game.

7 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Some of the criticism he gets on this forum is over the top. At the same time some of the protection he gets is ridiculous too. I criticised him in the match thread today and had 2 of the forum roasters telling me I must be a tarrier.

I think he's a decent player. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't think just decent is good enough for us though, I fully expected him to be nothing more than a squad player this season and I think he's only featured as much as he has this season because our other signings haven't quite worked out.

He didn't get near Scott Brown today and this was supposed to be the game where he showed up Joey Barton's performance in the last game.

The way I saw it halliday was marking Rogic and he made a pretty good job of it. Brown controlled the midfield the longer the game went on but I think that was because he has better players around him. 

Hopefully there is some serious investment on the horizon.  I'm told by a couple of reliable sources there is but fat Ashley has to be ousted first. That's not going to be straight forward though  

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Queens 11 said:

Thought he had a good game today

Agreed. Has a long way to go to win me over but much improved. Wanted him out after the Scottish Cup final vs Hibs and the 5-1 game this season but now that he's beside Hill he's slowly getting better and more confident. I personally made him a bit of a scapegoat after the OF game but to be fair to him the entire team was shite and it actually took a Celtic fan at work to point out he wasn't actually at fault for the first goal which I originally thought he was. Dembele wasn't his man but it looked bad in the replays for Kiernan as he was the one who noticed somebody had left Dembele and tried to get across but just too late making it look in the replays like it was his man. It wasn't.

Anyway hopefully he keeps on improving as there might actually be a player in there. Strangely it now seems like our defence is the strongest part of our team and the forwards are our weakest as we struggle to put the ball in the net.