• Confident
    • Not confident
    • Not sure

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you imagine any other season ever in our history .Certainly our recent history when we are debating finishing second? Before we even play our first out of four games versus Hearts .

Astonishing . Our standards have dropped so much . Our Manager takes a lot of the blame for that imo with many of the messages he sends out to our players and younger fans

9 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Can you imagine any other season ever in our history .Certainly our recent history when we are debating finishing second? Before we even play our first out of four games versus Hearts .

Astonishing . Our standards have dropped so much . Our Manager takes a lot of the blame for that imo with many of the messages he sends out to our players and younger fans

We have never had a season before where its our first year back in the top league since fighting our way back from the 4th tier.

I think everyone's expectations were somewhat unrealistic, including my own. 

4 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Personally, I took more positives from Sunday than I did negatives.

We showed how far we've came in a month, we had glimpses of quality in our midfield and full-backs getting forward. But ultimately we lost to a team that's spent more on one player than we have on our whole squad.

Not saying losing to Celtic doesn't hurt because it does, but now the dust has settled, I think we're in a good position to beat Aberdeen & Hearts to second. We've got a better squad and a better manager than both. The games are coming thick & fast now, a chance to build some real momentum, we'll take 9 points from our next 3 IMO. 

How you feeling towards second place this season and then building on it next?

I like ye Gaz, I do, but me and you are going to fall out if you don't pass me some of this shit you are smoking brother :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

We have never had a season before where its our first year back in the top league since fighting our way back from the 4th tier.

Fair point there

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

What's so unrealistic given :

46 thousand season ticket holders.
The players we've got
Our management team
Our resources such as behind the scenes staff, training ground etc
Dave Kings investment promises

People saying our expectations are too high really baffle me - the expectation levels seems to just change when it appears things aren't working because it seems to be easier than actually demanding improvements and holding the people responsible to account.

9 minutes ago, boyd09 said:

I still haven't given up on first place just the way I was brought up , 

If anyone at Ibrox has ,they need chased . You are spot on .

All this garbage about gaps has them using it as an excuse and possibly given some an inferiority complex .

We are Rangers .

At this moment no. We don't look capable of going on a run of results at all so long as the manager keeps picking his team based on his favourites. I genuinely  can't think of one big game away from home that we've got a result in under Warburton. 

A better time to take stock of how the league campaign is going would be at the end of December once we've played Hearts x2, St Johnstone x2 and the Sheep. 

1 minute ago, Jelavic191 said:

At this moment no. We don't look capable of going on a run of results at all so long as the manager keeps picking his team based on his favourites. I genuinely  can't think of one big game away from home that we've got a result in under Warburton. 

A better time to take stock of how the league campaign is going would be at the end of December once we've played Hearts x2, St Johnstone x2 and the Sheep. 

Totally agree with this . These two clubs will give us problems but we had better win most of them

4 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Personally, I took more positives from Sunday than I did negatives.

We showed how far we've came in a month, we had glimpses of quality in our midfield and full-backs getting forward. But ultimately we lost to a team that's spent more on one player than we have on our whole squad.

Not saying losing to Celtic doesn't hurt because it does, but now the dust has settled, I think we're in a good position to beat Aberdeen & Hearts to second. We've got a better squad and a better manager than both. The games are coming thick & fast now, a chance to build some real momentum, we'll take 9 points from our next 3 IMO. 

How you feeling towards second place this season and then building on it next?

Its results against teams from the bottom 6 that are my concern

With Warbs in charge we have no chance if the board wake up and appoint someone else before the turn of the year we have a chance.

Every team in the league has sussed Warburton out now and they know how to play against Rangers. 

An opposition manager could give his team a pre match team talk about how Rangers will play today and it would be the exact same for a game played in February or March as we never change anything and keep playing the same rubbish tactics and formation every week.

Under Warburton our best defender now is a 38 year old and our top league scorer is a 36 year old? It's that bad that a free transfer at Ross county has double the amount of league goals than our top scorer.

Nope.

Terrible defence : Warburton doesn't know who to select. ( Always chopping and changing.)

Upfront : Miller is a tad too old. Dont rate Waghorn.

Midfield is about our best area. ( with a bit of cover is there is injuries or suspensions)

Hopefully a European place which i think is fourth. Attract better players for next season.

It looks like rangers are building slowly and not going crazy and splashing 15million.

Am sure we will finish second.we re up there just now without playin anythin near our best.

Showed small glimpes of form and if fans stay behind team im more than confident.

Defence is slowly gettin there and hopefully midfielders/ strikers get a bit of confidence back soon and a settled starting 11 and things will improve.

I'm not giving up hope of the title. At this moment in time it's very unlikely. We are fans we follow rangers up and down the country if we give up hope then what's the point.

Im taking each game at a time and my aim just now is getting through til the taig home game hopefully we have closed the gap by then. They have 2 hard away games next so hope they drop something.

i know we've been pish but why give up hope. 

NO SURRENDER