• Confident
    • Not confident
    • Not sure

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I think we will get second and if we can put a run of 5/6 wins in a row in the league and beat them at ibrox I think we could go for first ,  I'm just not for giving up just now. While I don't think we are any good at the moment we definitely shouldn't be fearing any of the teams in our league. If MW dropped his favourites who are under performing we would be Ina better position going forward 

1 minute ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Yes I think we will get second and if we can put a run of 5/6 wins in a row in the league and beat them at ibrox I think we could go for first ,  I'm just not for giving up just now. While I don't think we are any good at the moment we definitely shouldn't be fearing any of the teams in our league. If MW dropped his favourites who are under performing we would be Ina better position going forward 

Sorry mate but that is delusion. We're 7 points behind Celtic with them a game in hand. They've run over us in two games this season and we're lucky to not have shipped more than 6 goals to them. 

There has been NOTHING shown by our team since about last December that says we've the ability to adapt our game now we've been found out. 

2nd place is a stretch at the moment. Aberdeen are second and beat us. 

Can we get second? Perhaps with a huge improvement in team performance and tactics. 

First place is just a pipe dream. 

2nd is not impossible (but certainly not confident) but by the same token 3rd place looks more probable given performances to date- as things stand. But that said we have had a painful start to the season Kranjcar's injury has been unlucky and the Barton fiasco certainly has been detrimental. But a long season ahead, with opportunities to start to settle, a January transfer window and maybe, just maybe a couple of decent signings and second place might be back on the cards. My worry is that Warbs looks 1) Unsettled/unhappy 2) Out of his depth 3) Out of fresh ideas. I hope I am wrong. 

25 minutes ago, mchammer said:

I am confident in the hope that some players will be bought in the January window.

Can only hope he gets the players we need.

No chance with the way we are playing just now, We can't just keep signing players on the hope that they will do a job for us, we have one of the biggest first team squads in the league but for some reason we stick with players who are not doing it, we spent nearly £2m on a fuckin dud, far too many players have went off the boil or there is something amiss in the dressing room as they don't give me the feeling that they would battle for each other when the going gets tough, what has happened to the likes of Forrester, Rossiter ( apparently Injured), Waghorn, holt , Wallace, McKay etc, they can't all go off the boil at the same time surely. Something's not quite right with our squad at the minute but fuck knows what.

No, not confident and that's being realistic not pessimistic. Defence performed much better on Sunday but we still look incapable of scoring more than 1. You don't score, you don't win games and we haven't done enough of either this season to give anyone confidence. 

Could we? Yes   Should we?  Yes     Will we?....

If we get a commanding centre half in the January transfer window then I would be ultra confident  

I'd still be confident anyway after the performance at Pittodrie a couple of weeks ago. We may have lost but we controlled the football for long spells in that game. 

That all said we will probably finish about 20pts behind them by the end of the season 

12 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Nobody thinks they are great.

But we are also equally as shite.

Backed up by the sheep failing at Accies tonight.

Maybe a cup semi hangover, but we need to show we have the balls to take advantage of such slip-ups.

2 hours ago, theiconicman said:

Sorry mate but that is delusion. We're 7 points behind Celtic with them a game in hand. They've run over us in two games this season and we're lucky to not have shipped more than 6 goals to them. 

There has been NOTHING shown by our team since about last December that says we've the ability to adapt our game now we've been found out. 

2nd place is a stretch at the moment. Aberdeen are second and beat us. 

Can we get second? Perhaps with a huge improvement in team performance and tactics. 

First place is just a pipe dream. 

As I said I'm just not for giving up just yet. Celtic aren't great either Aberdeen are rotten and hearts are worse. 

29 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Not on current form, but honestly, I don't think we can get much worse and I do think we will improve. So yes.  

The thing is, we only played well for 3 months at the start of the Championship, since then teams have set out to counter us and our 'do plan A' better has been shown up for the naive tactical philosophy it is. 

By a long way, we have not hit good form yet this season but a win tonight will put us on the same points as the sheep. All the teams round us will be dropping points against each other so a wee run of wins will put us out in front of theem. Once teams start loosing players to injury and suspension we will come in to our own. I still see us finishing over 12 points behind the scum but the same margin in front of the others.

6 hours ago, MasterD said:

Nobody thinks they are great.

But we are also equally as shite.

Some are talking on here like they are world beaters.

We have been shite all season, but we have potential and will get better.

We have better players, manager, resources (training and stadium) and fans.

Form is temporary. Let's get behind the team and manager.

This place is like a wet dream for our haters at the moment.

9 hours ago, googglebot said:

Not sure - we know we can play some nice football under MW but, sadly that's not happened since we beat the scum.

Nice football won't win us anything on its own though.  Look at every team we play and I include Celtic in this, you can see it in their faces how much they want to get the ball back and how much they want to win.  Going by Sunday then only Clint hill is showing the same determination to get the ball.  We're too easy to defend against and too easy to attack and until we get 3 dogged players who are happy getting stuck in and giving the ball to the better players we'll continue to be push overs