Do we expect too much?

Miller time

Referencing how we could have died is all fine and well but has to stop at some point 

Fact is if we stagnate with nothing for the fans to have faith in attendances at Ibrox will drop dramatically and we'll be in even more financial trouble, rightly or wrongly that is the reality 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

The difference Mark Warburton made to the quality of team when he first arrived is an evidential basis of his ability. We need to have patience. I believe that with the correct financial backing and time he can take this team up to the same increase in standard that was apparent when he first took over. 

We do expect too much this season, he needs time. 

Having a positive goal difference after 10 games is expecting too much? Expecting us to be comfortably in second place given our budget dwarfs every other team bar the filth is too much? We'll be lucky to make it into the Euro spots at this rate and some people are ok with this?

10 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

The line between success and failure is so fine however.

It is also said there is a fine line between sanity and madness.

Continuing with a strategy that plainly is not working in spite of everyone around you seeing the problem suggests that one toe might just be creeping on to the wrong side.

I think we knew this season wasn't going to be plain sailing but expecting to beat the like of st Johnstone at home and 10man Kilmarnock isn't much. 

I think MW is being found out due to his stubbornness and lack of plan B unfortunately, I'm not expecting miracles but we show no signs of implementing this great philosophy and look an unhappy team out of ideas. 

I don't think some can handle it right now, Wes after the final whistle for example. 

As im sure Weir said, if we played Barcelona tomorrow we'd expect a win, it's just the Rangers way to be winners I guess. 

Expecting Rangers to at least win their home matches isn't too much although it would appear to be too much for our squad and manager to deliver on a regular basis.  This season might as well be written off as a rebuilding season, however it's hard to see much evidence of rebuilding going on within the coaching and playing staff.

Being patient is one thing, but if Warburton hasn't got the team playing better in the second half of the season then we may have to be looking at a change of managers.

5 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

The retain possession, high tempo passing, high scoring game deserted us after beating the scum. Many of his signings were poor judgement and are unable to compete against the top league sides. He is unable to tactically change the direction of a game. Team selection and substitutions are both predictable and baffling game after game. The manager we loved so much is not the same now. He thinks there is no gap between us and them. He has to change team selection and tactics or suffer the consequences. I want him to stay and turn things around but if he cannot get results then he is not the man for us.

Deserted us long before the scum game.

28 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Deserted us long before the scum game.

Maybe but during that game we played some great football. There were reports down south on TV and radio about how delightful our play was.

They must be as bamboozled as us with regards to what the fuck has happened 

6 hours ago, pollok-bear said:

We are glasgow rangers. Epecting to much. Never. Every game is a must win game that's the excpectations at our club.

I get what you're saying mate but it's never going to be like what we've been used to imo

I'm sure we will build a team to win the league but I think doing anything in Europe is gone , or until money stops being a main contender which I don't think it will 

2 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

I get what you're saying mate but it's never going to be like what we've been used to imo

I'm sure we will build a team to win the league but I think doing anything in Europe is gone , or until money stops being a main contender which I don't think it will 

Just proves the campaign to lower expectations is working with some. 

1 hour ago, Queen's_highway said:

I agree bud Europe is a long shot mate.

1 hour ago, Lidl said:

Lower expectations or a grasp of reality?

The reality is we are shite, if your saying that is all we can rightfully expect that is again your opinion, its cretinous but hey we cant all have ambition or wed never get a burger.

1 hour ago, Bertent said:

The reality is we are shite, if your saying that is all we can rightfully expect that is again your opinion, its cretinous but hey we cant all have ambition or wed never get a burger.

There should be a '10 likes' button for that last line!

11 hours ago, TheBluebells said:

I think we knew this season wasn't going to be plain sailing but expecting to beat the like of st Johnstone at home and 10man Kilmarnock isn't much. 

I think MW is being found out due to his stubbornness and lack of plan B unfortunately, I'm not expecting miracles but we show no signs of implementing this great philosophy and look an unhappy team out of ideas. 

I don't think some can handle it right now, Wes after the final whistle for example. 

As im sure Weir said, if we played Barcelona tomorrow we'd expect a win, it's just the Rangers way to be winners I guess. 

Nice as it was to equalise, I thought the celebration was akin to what you'd see if we'd got a last minute win against the scum.

Not just an equaliser against fuckin' St Johnstone.

If our players are thinking such a feat is a big deal, we truly are sweeping shit up a hill.

15 hours ago, Queen's_highway said:

Just look at what we were looking at not long ago.

We may have not been able to have a moan about our team anymore after everyone tried to end us.

We're just back in the spl and I know it's awful watching us right now but back then I would have gave anything to be where we are.

Last season every fan was shooting their load over Warburton and now they think he's a terrible manager.

We as rangers fans expect our team to win every game but it's just not the same anymore. 

The likes of superstars playing for us has gone. 

This is the first season back and every team out there wants to give us a doing.

In no way am I saying that Warburton is like Alex Ferguson but everyone wanted him sacked and now he's regarded as one of the best (if not thee best) managers of all time.

I feel we just need to get this season out of the way and hopefully next season we'll be stronger and our team and management will be more experienced with what to deal with 

Agree.

We are Glasgow Rangers so it's only natural to expect to be top of the tree.

This year we'll settle for 2nd and after spending fuck all probably 2nd was the best we could have hoped for.

Not next season though. No way do we enter next season with the intention of being anywhere other than top. If the board can't pledge 10m on transfers alone then we know the story ahead. 

I think it was Sheffield Wednesday that I read about that have upped their seasons tickets by 50% or something mental as it was the only way with fair play rules they could compete. Is that something we need to do here? (Fucking extreme I know - but if the board don't have the funds and aren't willing to fuck off?).

1 hour ago, Number5 said:

Agree.

We are Glasgow Rangers so it's only natural to expect to be top of the tree.

This year we'll settle for 2nd and after spending fuck all probably 2nd was the best we could have hoped for.

Not next season though. No way do we enter next season with the intention of being anywhere other than top. If the board can't pledge 10m on transfers alone then we know the story ahead. 

I think it was Sheffield Wednesday that I read about that have upped their seasons tickets by 50% or something mental as it was the only way with fair play rules they could compete. Is that something we need to do here? (Fucking extreme I know - but if the board don't have the funds and aren't willing to fuck off?).

Look at our st sales though. Money has to be there cause it's not being spent anywhere else.

I'm as diehard a fan as most but I'm also a realist. 

I can't see any chance we'll finish second. I think we'll finish fourth if lucky tbh. 

19 hours ago, Ryju84 said:

I dont expect too much. 

I expect to watch a team that doesnt look void of ideas altogether, and play a continual 'pass the ball to the keeper from 40 yards' game.

I expect to watch a team that was the fittest in the UK last season (running to 90mins) not to look cunted after 60 minutes EVERY game... (this is the biggest difference between last season and this season IMO)

I expect a manager to not be stubborn when his ideas arent working (i.e. bringing off Kenny in the OF game after he was a lone striker, instead of putting someone else on along side him as a 4.4.2 strike partner)

I expect to enjoy and be thrilled by every game I watch. Not to be worried about how many goals diddy teams will score.

I dont expect to be reminded of the Le Guen era every game... 

"LeGuen it's just like watching LeGuen, it's just like watching LeGuen, it's just like watching LeGuen!"

9 hours ago, Queen's_highway said:

Even with our current squad and budget , i look at some of the teams still well in contention in the europa league groups and dont see any reason why if we were playing as well as we are capable of that it couldnt be us