Give the manager more money

bluchoo

5 hours ago, bluchoo said:

Reading the forums this seems to be a general consensus; that we should give the manager money to spend but i just cant get my head round this not enough money?

We have the 2nd biggest wage and transfer budget/spenditure in the country...by miles. Joe Garner cost more than every other incoming transfer in Scotland combined (outwith that lot) 

To compete with them its obvious we need to spend, but we are 5th in the league as it currently stands...surely 2nd is a minimum expectation with spenditure?

how much did joe garner cost?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See if King has no money to just invest on transfers without writing it off why has he never loaned us it? And what I mean by that is he invests 20 million over the next two transfer windows which definetely puts us in the title picture (if spent properly). Let's say you win the title then qualify for the CL like the tims have you instantely gain the money back invested in the squad. This is where the loan part comes. King would take a chunk of that money back which he invested to win us the title and qualify for the CL. Then the squad is at a level to which it can compete and only two or three transfers are needed a season.

Mind you i'm not King and i'm sure he doesn't think like this.

15 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Tbh the money that we've spent on players is exactly what we're getting in return if you know what I mean,to get better quality in you need to spend more.

Whether or not he gets that substantial investment is another matter and it doesn't look like he'll get it either.

The money spent on that squad should easily be sitting in 2nd place in the league.

6 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

See if King has no money to just invest on transfers without writing it off why has he never loaned us it? And what I mean by that is he invests 20 million over the next two transfer windows which definetely puts us in the title picture (if spent properly). Let's say you win the title then qualify for the CL like the tims have you instantely gain the money back invested in the squad. This is where the loan part comes. King would take a chunk of that money back which he invested to win us the title and qualify for the CL. Then the squad is at a level to which it can compete and only two or three transfers are needed a season.

Mind you i'm not King and i'm sure he doesn't think like this.

maybe because he doesnt even have it to loan us, the fact that t3b have seemingly loaned us more than mr big shot himself tells you a lot

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

maybe because he doesnt even have it to loan us, the fact that t3b have seemingly loaned us more than mr big shot himself tells you a lot

Unfortunately that seems to be the case. I just think it's a decent idea for any potential investor!

12 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

funny, the money mccoist spent should easily have got us promoted, the previous regime got the blame for that though

Did they?

The previous regime were rightly chased but anybody with half a brain knows that McCoist was a horror show as manager. In fact, I was calling for him to go before Div 3 was finished so....

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Did they?

The previous regime were rightly chased but anybody with half a brain knows that McCoist was a horror show as manager. In fact, I was calling for him to go before Div 3 was finished so....

Have a look at the first fans group statement after ally "resigned" the board got the blame for seemingly.not backing him enougu

2 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Got a link -because I'm pretty that didn't happen....

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/ibrox-fans-rally-defence-ally-4817451

there you go, at the time of ally resigning chris graham managed only 10 words about the on field shambles while slaughtering the board for about 500 words, and even then his words about ally were as soft as you can get

we were a fucking shambles on the park that season under ally and not one fan group had the balls to call him out on it, instead used the board to focus their attacks,

now we have a worthless board again, their silence is deafening

25 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/ibrox-fans-rally-defence-ally-4817451

there you go, at the time of ally resigning chris graham managed only 10 words about the on field shambles while slaughtering the board for about 500 words, and even then his words about ally were as soft as you can get

we were a fucking shambles on the park that season under ally and not one fan group had the balls to call him out on it, instead used the board to focus their attacks,

now we have a worthless board again, their silence is deafening

So nobody said that he wasn't backed enough - gotcha.

45 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

So nobody said that he wasn't backed enough - gotcha.

im absolutely certain that their full statement post ally resigning contained words to the effect that mccoist hadnt been backed by the board, however the UoF dont exist anymore, even their old links on FF that show up on google redirect to club1872 website (man i felt dirty on there tbh)

believe what you will, but one thing is for certain, the current board are presiding over as big a shambles on the park as the old board did under ally, only difference is that ally got more than was required for the job at hand under the old regime,

10 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Whilst we obviously need much more quality in the squad, I wouldn't trust Warburton/McParland with a penny of it. 

That may be true but the board need to make a decision there whether to back him or sack him. There's no point holding back funds from a manager because you don't trust him with them yet keeping him in a job.

12 hours ago, simplythebest said:

That may be true but the board need to make a decision there whether to back him or sack him. There's no point holding back funds from a manager because you don't trust him with them yet keeping him in a job.

Agreed. 

I'm not saying the board wont give him money though, I'm saying I wouldn't trust him with it. 

On 27/10/2016 at 9:59 AM, bluchoo said:

Reading the forums this seems to be a general consensus; that we should give the manager money to spend but i just cant get my head round this not enough money?

We have the 2nd biggest wage and transfer budget/spenditure in the country...by miles. Joe Garner cost more than every other incoming transfer in Scotland combined (outwith that lot) 

To compete with them its obvious we need to spend, but we are 5th in the league as it currently stands...surely 2nd is a minimum expectation with spenditure?

I'm against the board but i'm also against Warburton wasting anymore money.

16 hours ago, Zulu said:

Can he be trusted with more money he spunked 1.8 on Garner that up till now doesnt seem to be paying

I cant see Garner having cost that to be Honest he's 28 had a mediocre career and couldn't hit the side of a house last season and we were not competing with any other club for him.

As said on another thread. We don't need to be spending money on more 200k transfer fees, with £4k, £5k per week wages. These type of players might fill holes, but they won't win leagues.

In terms of estimated annual wage budgets

Celtic - £24- £27m

Rangers - £7-8m

Aberdeen - £4-5m

Yeah we have the 2nd biggest wage budget, but it is not a huge amount above he likes of Aberdeen, and a long way behind Celtic. Aberdeen have been building a settled team for 4-5yrs now - don't underestimate how big a factor that is.

We need money for quality to compete and win.