FIFA - Again !

Larry-AV

I understand their stance even though I hate it and don't agree with it.

Wearing a Poppy should be the one exception, as it should, in theory, bring everyone together to remember sacrifices made on all sides.

FIFA's stance on this isn't what's annoying me, what's annoying me .. in fact infuriating me is the article I seen this morning in the Belfast Telegraph saying that Republic Of Ireland are wearing Easter Rising symbols on their shirts. If this is allowed and home nations aren't allowed to wear a poppy I'd love them to say fuck your World Cup and do your worst.

But they won't because they all shout about FIFA and how corrupt they are but still bend over and let them shaft them at will 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Organisations based in Switzerland (do their banks still hold Nazi gold?) are telling us we cannot commemmorate our fallen who were killed in a horrific war the Swiss actually helped Nazis with via trade etc.

Fuck them, cheeky snide bastards.

This year, 100 years on from the Somme in a game against our strongest friend England should be used as an opportunity to display our unwavering and steadfast unity over the poppy and our fallen.

22 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Wearing a Poppy should be the one exception, as it should, in theory, bring everyone together to remember sacrifices made on all sides.

FIFA's stance on this isn't what's annoying me, what's annoying me .. in fact infuriating me is the article I seen this morning in the Belfast Telegraph saying that Republic Of Ireland are wearing Easter Rising symbols on their shirts. If this is allowed and home nations aren't allowed to wear a poppy I'd love them to say fuck your World Cup and do your worst.

But they won't because they all shout about FIFA and how corrupt they are but still bend over and let them shaft them at will 

Dead on the mark K.A.I ...... double standards ..... one denying proper war heroes ..... the other recognising terrorists ..... :power_of_anguish:

:uk:

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Hypocrisy of that is unbelievable. 

Poppies are not offensive nor are they political. They are warn as a mark of respect for those who have sadly fallen to enable us to live a life which is free and not alledgedly dictated, especially by the likes of corrupt folk at FIFA. They allow minute silences to show respect so I don't see why they can't allow the players to wear a poppy on their shirts if desired. This just makes a mockery of their RESPECT campaign as it is in my oppionion one of the most disrespectful acts they have every carried out.

7 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

FIFA don't have an agenda against the Poppy.  FIFA don't take sides or argue the merit of any cause.  The rules are nothing political or religious at the football.  These rules are to prevent idiots like Celtic fans supporting Palestine and the like. 

So which of these do you equate wearing a poppy to, political or religious as I don't see it as either 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

They applied to wear it in their games against Switzerland (March 25th 2016) and Slovakia (March 29th 2016)

Cant see it on their jersey in the highlights of the Slovakia game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSjKRiNjRZM

But it is on their jersey in the game against Switzerland http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35862137.

Both games were friendlies and (off the top of my head) I'm fairly certain FIFA's equipment regualtions which block 'political messages' don't apply to friendly games.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

They applied to wear it in their games against Switzerland (March 25th 2016) and Slovakia (March 29th 2016)

Cant see it on their jersey in the highlights of the Slovakia game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSjKRiNjRZM

But it is on their jersey in the game against Switzerland http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35862137.

Both games were friendlies and (off the top of my head) I'm fairly certain FIFA's equipment regualtions which block 'political messages' don't apply to friendly games.

Well it should extend to friendly games the dirty terrorist loving cunts

1 hour ago, Brubear said:

So which of these do you equate wearing a poppy to, political or religious as I don't see it as either 

FIFA dont allow you to even have the name of the competition you are competing in on your jersey as it's against their rules.

Here's there rules on what is and isn't allowed on a kit

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/51/54/30/equipment_reg_26032010_en.pdf

2 hours ago, GallowhillLoyal said:

Organisations based in Switzerland (do their banks still hold Nazi gold?) are telling us we cannot commemmorate our fallen who were killed in a horrific war the Swiss actually helped Nazis with via trade etc.

Fuck them, cheeky snide bastards.

This year, 100 years on from the Somme in a game against our strongest friend England should be used as an opportunity to display our unwavering and steadfast unity over the poppy and our fallen.

England have made a big mistake asking FIFA for clarification of what the punishment will be ... in other words we will honour our war dead as long as it doesn't cost us qualification :power_of_anguish:

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Sorry, just curious but if the regs don't apply for friendlies why'd they have to apply to wear it?

1 minute ago, reallyruff said:

Sorry, just curious but if the regs don't apply for friendlies why'd they have to apply to wear it?

I think they were just covering their arses tbh. Better to ask and be told no than just go ahead and get a punishment for it.

The FAI's badge is also a government logo so they need governmental approval to alter it in anyway.

We should tell FIFA where to go. What do a bunch of Swiss bank managers know about football? It is a BRITISH game and the Swiss should not be involved in the administration of the game.

Scotland and England should wear the poppy symbols and refuse point blank to accept any punishments handed out to the extent of quitting FIFA if they do not comply to our wishes. FIFA would HAVE to cave in.

How can it be religious or political?

Numerous nations, political parties and religions all United in WW1&2 the poppy represents that unity and sacrifice. 

Fuck FIFA,  sadly I can picture the FA challenging this and the SFA doing fuck all.

Fuck FIFA, corrupt scumbag cunts

3 minutes ago, Willis said:

How can it be religious or political?

Numerous nations, political parties and religions all United in WW1&2 the poppy represents that unity and sacrifice. 

Fuck FIFA,  sadly I can picture the FA challenging this and the SFA doing fuck all.

Fuck FIFA, corrupt scumbag cunts

It doesn't need to be religious or political.

Anything that isn't the manufqcturer's logo, the teams logo (and/or flag), a number and match day customisation (date, flags and city only) is banned by FIFA. 

Even the design of the kit is restricted by FIFA in what is and isn't allowed. 

8 hours ago, ex-guardsman said:

There was teams in the EPL that had a poppy on there tops also as do many teams this decision really reeks of a political statement as more to wearing the poppy being political.

Scotland and England cant wear a poppy yet Barca can advertise on behalf of UNICEF, more hypocrisy.

10 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Scotland and England cant wear a poppy yet Barca can advertise on behalf of UNICEF, more hypocrisy.

I am honestly at a loss who the fuck in FIFA said nope the poppy is political there is more to this especially if the ROI have been aloud to put Easter rising shit on there shirts.