The Joey Barton Thread

Swagger

6 minutes ago, MOH_MedalOfHonor said:

"[redacted]. The notion that certain opinions cannot safely be allowed a hearing is growing. [rest of quote]" 

Just wondered if that might have been a between the lines hint that Joey wasn't allowed to voice his opinion correctly, guess we will never know though, if you read this article from the Belfast Telegraph ( http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/rangers/joey-barton-finally-agrees-rangers-payoff-deal-35203307.html) it seems that the issue arose in the analyis of the 5-1 loss: 

This is him in a nutshell.......using a "quote" to show how intelligent he his is to the ways of the world. Hes a fud who one day will realise he pissed away every chance and every oppertunity to prove he wasnt a wrong yin but in retrospect he reinforced the idea hes nothing but a dick

1 hour ago, therightway said:

Plus probably a big fat signing fee that will have likely taken it over the million :power_of_anguish:

When we should be counting the £ pounds we go & waste a million on Barton paying him what seems to be around £12500 per game.

The worst thing is he was poor, rubbish, ineffectual in most of these games, waste of the fans money

8 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

This is him in a nutshell.......using a "quote" to show how intelligent he his is to the ways of the world. Hes a fud who one day will realise he pissed away every chance and every oppertunity to prove he wasnt a wrong yin but in retrospect he reinforced the idea hes nothing but a dick

it's not just him in a nutshell in my opinion mate, considering that JB is probably under a confidentiality clause (as Rangers tweet which announced he will leave the club said "Neither Rangers nor Joey Barton will comment further.")

- and that Twitter quote could have been JB's secret message to the Rangers fans that he wasn't aloud to voice his opinion. 

To be honest I think the club handled his suspension wrong anyway, he was probably sitting in the house for weeks while being demonised by Rangers fans and not even knowing if he will come back to play or not - I think that is actually a valid reason to feel stressed.

14 minutes ago, MOH_MedalOfHonor said:

it's not just him in a nutshell in my opinion mate, considering that JB is probably under a confidentiality clause (as Rangers tweet which announced he will leave the club said "Neither Rangers nor Joey Barton will comment further.")

- and that Twitter quote could have been JB's secret message to the Rangers fans that he wasn't aloud to voice his opinion. 

To be honest I think the club handled his suspension wrong anyway, he was probably sitting in the house for weeks while being demonised by Rangers fans and not even knowing if he will come back to play or not - I think that is actually a valid reason to feel stressed.

Hi Joey

27 minutes ago, MOH_MedalOfHonor said:

"[redacted]. The notion that certain opinions cannot safely be allowed a hearing is growing. [rest of quote]" 

Just wondered if that might have been a between the lines hint that Joey wasn't allowed to voice his opinion correctly, guess we will never know though, if you read this article from the Belfast Telegraph ( http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/rangers/joey-barton-finally-agrees-rangers-payoff-deal-35203307.html) it seems that the issue arose in the analyis of the 5-1 loss: 

Fairly confident this tweet was to do with the US election...

20 minutes ago, 1ClubMan72 said:

When we should be counting the £ pounds we go & waste a million on Barton paying him what seems to be around £12500 per game.

The worst thing is he was poor, rubbish, ineffectual in most of these games, waste of the fans money

That's a few times I've seen you mentioning £12500 a game.

I'd love to know how you've figured that one out.

5 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Fairly confident this tweet was to do with the US election...

Maybe it was mate, still though, the article in the Belfast Telegraph points to the issue being a falling out because of Barton's 'acid-tongued' criticism of Warburton's defence which seemed to happen during the analysis or else immediate dressing room encounter after the match 

2 minutes ago, MOH_MedalOfHonor said:

Maybe it was mate, still though, the article in the Belfast Telegraph points to the issue being a falling out because of Barton's 'acid-tongued' criticism of Warburton's defence which seemed to happen during the analysis or else immediate dressing room encounter after the match 

You needed an article in the Belfast Telegraph to tell you that?

Both Barton and Warburton pretty much confirmed that at the start of this episode.

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Not that I'm saying you're shite at maths or anything.

It's just that you seem to be off the mark by about 55 grand.

Well that's even worse than I thought, that's our money, the fans money wasted on 8 games & he was crap

10 minutes ago, 1ClubMan72 said:

Its quite easy I took £1million from a post in Barton thread, divided it by 8 = £12500

:wink:

I can't make my mind up if there's a joke here that I'm missing or if you have numbers dyslexia :lol: 

For what it's worth, I believe it's around £67,500 per game.

He got nowhere near a million from us. Not unless he was pushing 40 grand a week.

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I can't make my mind up if there's a joke here that I'm missing or if you have numbers dyslexia :lol: 

For what it's worth, I believe it's around £67,500 per game.

He got nowhere near a million from us. Not unless he was pushing 40 grand a week.

Like I wrote before take it up with the £1million pound poster, that's his gig not mine.

Just now, 1ClubMan72 said:

Like I wrote before take it up with the £1million pound poster, that's his gig not mine.

You divided 1 million by 8 and somehow ended up with 12500.

That's on you, no other poster.

Either you've accidentally dropped a zero every single time you've posted that on this forum or you should sue your old maths teacher.

19 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

You needed an article in the Belfast Telegraph to tell you that?

Both Barton and Warburton pretty much confirmed that at the start of this episode.

The article provides a more detailed summary of the scenario than I've ever heard from MW in my opinion to be honest ..