The Joey Barton Thread

Swagger

Thank fuck this sorry saga's over! What a fucking waste! It could've been beautiful Joey but you royally fucked it! You may not have been the only one to blame in this shambles...we'll never know, but you contributed massively to headlines that our Club and us Bears really could've done without after what we've been through....for that you can fuck right off!! You demonstrate respect in a tweet thanking the supporters and wishing the Club all the best for the future? Hollow, hypocritical and way too little, too late!! Had you displayed that level of respect earlier you'd still be a Ranger...that's gone now and you'll definitely regret it! Us? We move onwards and upwards...Then, Now, Forever!!

Wished It Would Of Worked Out For Him & Do Well For Us . Felt The Club Mistreated Him, Good Luck To Him At His New Club

IMO Why I Think Hes Been Mistreated

when it was leaked out that hes been told to stay away from the club , the club should of put a statement out straight but didnt do anything and they should of explained what happened not months and months of things that was suppose to have happened , he should of been still allowed to train in the gym at murray park & use the 1st team car park, let him of do a rangers tv interview to allow him explain what happened and mark warburton should of a done a interview with rangers tv to explain what happened and andy halliday has said theres no problems with him and joey.

i feel he also has been let down from his friends Niko Kranjcar , Clint Hill, Matt Gilks, Kenny Miller, Frank McParland they should of step in and get both joey and mark to have a meeting to calm the situation down and get them to make up and get them to get on with each other for the good of the team and mark has always said he likes to hear the players opinions he should of just accepted it as joey has more experience in football than him.

the whole situation has been handled poorly and shows marks inexperience of being a manager and i believe if Walter or Sir Alex or Harry Redknapp was the manager it would of beend handled much better and wouldnt of been months of press speculation.

i hope we get the full story of what happened

Joey apparently turned down a 35k per week extension with Burnley to sign for Gers (Belfast Telegraph)

I'm sad that JB didn't get to become a legend here but we can re-invest his wage. 

Lets be honest though some people try say he wasn't committed to Gers, but he clearly was as he turned down better offers from Burnley which had nearly double the salary to come here

I agree with Joey that the managers system is flawed too

His departure with saddle bags full of whatever compensation he got closes what was a short chapter of Rangers' experiment in signing a big name player of Barton's reputation......but it probably does not close the book on Barton.

Doubtless there will be a confidentiality agreement prohibiting either party from discussing the matter.  But these things can usually be skirted around.  Unattributed leaks for instance, via third parties to journos sensing there is more meat in this story.    Besides which no confidentiality agreement however tightly drafted could prevent Barton from commenting pundit-like about his general views and experiences of life at Auchenhowie, Ibrox, Rangers management and coaching, tactics and about the Scottish game.    All of which provide fertile ground to infer things whilst keeping the right side of a confidentiality agreement.   Whether he has the appetite to do that is another matter.  Certainly he likes the sound of his own opinions heard in public so it may be too much of a temptation just to clam up and say clammed up on this.  Besides which the media will press him for insights,  

The 'issue' became top heavy cargo for Rangers.  IMO not handled well by Warburton and the Club - its hard not to reach that conclusion in the absence of the facts.   An argument, heated exchange of views - encouraged by the manager - got out of hand and a heavy handed. publicly visible disciplinary process was initiated when perhaps a more seasoned, less sensitive, experienced manager of people might have sorted this out in the quiet of Auchenhowie meeting rooms and that would be that - everyone moves on.   It's been allowed to become top heavy cargo by Rangers with the inevitable ending that it spills overboard into something unmanageable other than by formal heavy handed disciplinary proceedings leading to contract termination. 

In the absence of the facts speculation will still take place.   For me it still feels and looks like an argument where severe umbrage was taken by the manager at Barton's comments to him / others with a resultant zeal to move straight to disciplinary proceedings and orchestration of a removal of Barton from the club.  That zeal has elbowed aside cooler judgement.    Unless and until fuller facts are known it still seems to me that the club has not handled this well.   With the possible result that the media may yet write more columns about this and Barton's overall general views of Rangers may not make for good reading by Warburton and the Rangers execs.

But at least this chapter is over.   We'll see if the matter simply stops attracting media attention and if Barton keeps quiet about all things relating to Rangers.  

28 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He is no longer a Rangers player (never was in the first place) so why are these threads still in the BD?

We'll be sitting here come May and the arselickers will still be talking about him :lol: 

Cretins.

You only said that because Halliday grew up on the Copland Road.

I never liked him before he signed, I got behind him and supported him though but he's done nothing to change my original opinion about him. The guy is a piece of scum who's more famous for being an arsehole than he is a footballer

Good riddance 

2 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I never liked him before he signed, I got behind him and supported him though but he's done nothing to change my original opinion about him. The guy is a piece of scum who's more famous for being an arsehole than he is a footballer

Good riddance 

This (tu)

"[redacted]. The notion that certain opinions cannot safely be allowed a hearing is growing. [rest of quote]" 

Just wondered if that might have been a between the lines hint that Joey wasn't allowed to voice his opinion correctly, guess we will never know though, if you read this article from the Belfast Telegraph ( http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/rangers/joey-barton-finally-agrees-rangers-payoff-deal-35203307.html) it seems that the issue arose in the analyis of the 5-1 loss: 

1 hour ago, PeterM said:

Wished It Would Of Worked Out For Him & Do Well For Us . Felt The Club Mistreated Him, Good Luck To Him At His New Club

If you're gonnae continue to type like that then gonnae just fuck off

I've never commented on a Barton thread, I never wanted him here in the first place the fact Joey fucking Barton at 34 ended up at Ibrox shows how far we've fallen. This was always going to happen the guy has a serious personality disorder and shouldn't have been anywhere near our club?

1 hour ago, MOH_MedalOfHonor said:

Joey apparently turned down a 35k per week extension with Burnley to sign for Gers (Belfast Telegraph)

I'm sad that JB didn't get to become a legend here but we can re-invest his wage. 

Lets be honest though some people try say he wasn't committed to Gers, but he clearly was as he turned down better offers from Burnley which had nearly double the salary to come here

I agree with Joey that the managers system is flawed too

Serious question

how many copies of his book do you think would have sold in Scotland if he signed the Burnley contract? 

How many have been sold up here now? 

I don't know the answer to either of these questions but wouldn't be surprised if he's made  more from book sales

2 minutes ago, Hamie said:

Serious question

how many copies of his book do you think would have sold in Scotland if he signed the Burnley contract? 

How many have been sold up here now? 

I don't know the answer to either of these questions but wouldn't be surprised if he's made  more from book sales

mate the book only costs £10 a pop, I'm sure his football career is more valuable than 'book sales'. I actually think that he made the book to get his story out, and try clear his 'arsehole' image rather than trying to make money