Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just goes to show, the Scottish newspapers are not worth a fuck and they haven't  a single journalist with the balls to stand up and fully report this story,  there could be other victims out there but they are keeping this as low key as possible to protect the filthy name of a fucking "football" club.

I must admit I’m absolutely sickened by this whole thing and the country I live in. I remember the media campaign against us from 2010 onwards. It was relentless from Radio Scotland, Radio Clyde and the newspapers. We were absolutely slaughtered and received fuck all help from anyone. There was no escaping it. We nearly lost our club through this as the momentum the whole thing gained was outrageous. Now look at this situation which is absolutely disgusting and one of the biggest scandals of world football never mind Scotland. Now we are treated to wee snippets here and there. We also have the party line of “we can’t talk about it while the trial is going on”. Guaranteed the most we’ll hear about it is now as it’ll be forgotten about. Let’s be honest the connections between celtic fc and Barry Bennell plus guys who worked at the BBC (Jimmy Saville) all relate to one thing and that’s a paedophile ring being used and covered up over the last 40 years. celtic should have all assets seized and sold and the monies should go to the victims and victims families whose lives were ruined. The media in this country is just as guilty as the club responsible for this!

1 hour ago, Loyaleastend said:

It just goes to show, the Scottish newspapers are not worth a fuck and they haven't  a single journalist with the balls to stand up and fully report this story,  there could be other victims out there but they are keeping this as low key as possible to protect the filthy name of a fucking "football" club.

I think Mark Daly is working on a documentary about abuse in Scottish football. it won't be out till after the court cases though and neither would any other journalists work .

This also gives plenty time for any investigations to be derailed .

If your in your late 30s or older you will remember the itv program The Cook Report .that guy had proper balls of steel ,he was working on a programme about institutional paedophilia. AT that time Itv was made up of a lot of regional production companies  ,the one he worked with was subject to a rushed through take over and his programme was axed and all his footage disappeared, The man in charge of the takeover was David Cameron who then pipped out of nowhere to eventually become prime minister .

Peadophile rings are hugely powerful and there are plenty of ambitious people out there willing to help their cover ups and receive favours in return. 

11 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I must admit I’m absolutely sickened by this whole thing and the country I live in. I remember the media campaign against us from 2010 onwards. It was relentless from Radio Scotland, Radio Clyde and the newspapers. We were absolutely slaughtered and received fuck all help from anyone. There was no escaping it. We nearly lost our club through this as the momentum the whole thing gained was outrageous. Now look at this situation which is absolutely disgusting and one of the biggest scandals of world football never mind Scotland. Now we are treated to wee snippets here and there. We also have the party line of “we can’t talk about it while the trial is going on”. Guaranteed the most we’ll hear about it is now as it’ll be forgotten about. Let’s be honest the connections between celtic fc and Barry Bennell plus guys who worked at the BBC (Jimmy Saville) all relate to one thing and that’s a paedophile ring being used and covered up over the last 40 years. celtic should have all assets seized and sold and the monies should go to the victims and victims families whose lives were ruined. The media in this country is just as guilty as the club responsible for this!

can't disagree with any of that .the depth of institutional paedophilia in the whole of the western world is disgusting .

over the years hundreds of families have had their lives blighted through losing children to be used and murdered by these sick powerful bastards. with no chance of closure or justice 

4 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

can't disagree with any of that .the depth of institutional paedophilia in the whole of the western world is disgusting .

over the years hundreds of families have had their lives blighted through losing children to be used and murdered by these sick powerful bastards. with no chance of closure or justice 

That’s the thing mate, we aren’t seeing any justice here. We aren’t seeing the correct people or institutions behind it being held accountable. Torbett is just a patsy, it goes far deeper.

10 minutes ago, B1872 said:

That’s the thing mate, we aren’t seeing any justice here. We aren’t seeing the correct people or institutions behind it being held accountable. Torbett is just a patsy, it goes far deeper.

highly doubtful we will ever get rid of this cancer in society .

Thomas Hamilton was known to be unfit to hold a gun license. But was still issued a license due to connections to a ring where the then cheif of central Scotland police was also connected to along with the the defence minister of the time 

the web of corruption is almost as sickening as the acts they carry out 

So many horrible stories have peadophile rings lurking in them .

Gerry McCann has connections to multiple rings from the one in this thread and government 

28 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

highly doubtful we will ever get rid of this cancer in society .

Thomas Hamilton was known to be unfit to hold a gun license. But was still issued a license due to connections to a ring where the then cheif of central Scotland police was also connected to along with the the defence minister of the time 

the web of corruption is almost as sickening as the acts they carry out 

So many horrible stories have peadophile rings lurking in them .

Gerry McCann has connections to multiple rings from the one in this thread and government 

Pretty sure Gerry McCann was the celtic club doctor early 2000.

42 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Pretty sure Gerry McCann was the celtic club doctor early 

he was there around that time .also had a cushy number at Glasgow uni lecturing .then out the blue fucked off to new Zealand at the same time the first set of allegations of torbett cane out 

13 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Got sent this....how they are trying to justify it as a separate entity is fucking ridiculous 

Screenshot_20181024-124848_WhatsApp.jpg

deflect and deny, 

you can bet anything you want ,it will be the same whrn Stein banished torbett(how could he banish him from what was meant to be Torbetts club) and allowed back after Stein left .

the separate entity shite will end when the dust settles and they will be welcomed back under the ra sellik umbrella once again 

2 hours ago, magic8ball said:

deflect and deny, 

you can bet anything you want ,it will be the same whrn Stein banished torbett(how could he banish him from what was meant to be Torbetts club) and allowed back after Stein left .

the separate entity shite will end when the dust settles and they will be welcomed back under the ra sellik umbrella once again 

As a collective that club epitomises Paedophilic behaviour. 

Praying on vulnerable children, conspiring with others to spread their misery, covering it up and now even when it’s laid bare continue to deny involvement and add to the suffering.  

They quite simply are the sporting wing of the Catholic Church. 

They have tried their best to involve us in this at all costs.  Two clubs are guilty of covering up sexual abuse at their boys clubs and one let the cunt back in and that's what this trail is about.

All this point scoring pish?  It's  Fucking children ffs, all sexual abuse is dispicable but too then allow it to happen again and again when the cunt should  have been jailed not thrown out parkhead by Jock Stein  and then it all covered up 

Old Hugh Britt was spot in the money and those cunts tried to make him out to be an insane old man at the 1st trail , Now he was a true football man (celtic man) unlike the rest of them. 

Not a great witness. Latest from the court today on BBC website:

A man who claims he was sexually abused by an ex-celtic Boy's Club coach sent him a email saying: "You're a good man."

A court heard it was sent to James Torbett in the months before he made allegations to police and the press.

The witness was given evidence for a second day at the trial of Mr Torbett, 71, who denies sexually abusing four boys between 1985 and 1994.

He claims he was sexually abused by Mr Torbett between the ages of 14 and 17.

In the email the man, who is not being named, said: "You're a good man Jim. Always have you in my heart until my last breath. You only ever tried to make me a better person, no more or less. Always love you. Xxx"

'Someone very special'

Defence QC Tony Graham showed the witness a police statement taken from him on 17 May, 2017, which refers to the email.

Mr Graham said: "It says 'I initiated contact with Jim. He was getting a lot of grief in the newspapers. They were saying he was a paedophile. It shows the hold he had over me as I felt sorry for him.".

The 46-year-old replied: "It doesn't mean anything to me."

The witness said he accepted it was sent from his phone in December 2016 but said in court he could not remember sending it.

He was also shown birthday and Christmas cards he sent to Mr Torbett.

One birthday card said he was grateful for his friendship while a Christmas card had the written inscription: "To someone very special. You mean the world to me. I know if it wasn't for you I'd have nothing to look forward to in life."

Addiction issues

The witness told Mr Graham: "It means nothing.

"I can't give dates and times. They are insignificant to me. All I know is that I was abused for years by your client."

He told the court that for many years he was addicted to cocaine, ecstasy, alcohol and gambling and claimed for have been addiction free for nine years.

Later when asked about incidents in 2016 the witness described it as "a bit of a blur."

The man said that when police arrived at his home in December 2015 after he phoned and reported historic sex abuse at celtic Boys' Club he told them to "forget about it."

The witness claimed he did not want his mother finding out about the alleged abuse.

BBC interview

When asked by Mr Graham why he had then gone on television with his allegations, the witness replied: "I felt let down by Police Scotland.

"They turned up unannounced. I had expected them to turn up in a couple of hours. It was two days.

"I told the police to forget about it. BBC reporters then came to my door and they gave me a platform."

Mr Graham said: "You didn't speak to the police, but spoke to the BBC.

"If you were so keen to protect your mother from finding out about this did you not think she would find out when it was broadcast?"

The witness replied: "She never watched it."

He added: "A million times I thought about going to the police."

The trial, before judge Lord Beckett, continues.

33 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

A man who claims he was sexually abused by an ex-celtic Boy's Club coach sent him a email saying: "You're a good man."

A court heard it was sent to James Torbett in the months before he made allegations to police and the press.

The witness was given evidence for a second day at the trial of Mr Torbett, 71, who denies sexually abusing four boys between 1985 and 1994.

In the email the man, who is not being named, said: "You're a good man Jim. Always have you in my heart until my last breath. You only ever tried to make me a better person, no more or less. Always love you. Xxx"

'Someone very special'

Defence QC Tony Graham showed the witness a police statement taken from him on 17 May, 2017, which refers to the email.

Mr Graham said: "It says 'I initiated contact with Jim. He was getting a lot of grief in the newspapers. They were saying he was a paedophile. It shows the hold he had over me as I felt sorry for him.".

The witness said he accepted it was sent from his phone in December 2016 but said in court he could not remember sending it.

One birthday card said he was grateful for his friendship while a Christmas card had the written inscription: "To someone very special. You mean the world to me. I know if it wasn't for you I'd have nothing to look forward to in life."

Addiction issues

"I can't give dates and times. They are insignificant to me. All I know is that I was abused for years by your client."

He told the court that for many years he was addicted to cocaine, ecstasy, alcohol and gambling and claimed for have been addiction free for nine years.

Later when asked about incidents in 2016 the witness described it as "a bit of a blur."

The man said that when police arrived at his home in December 2015 after he phoned and reported historic sex abuse at celtic Boys' Club he told them to "forget about it."

The witness claimed he did not want his mother finding out about the alleged abuse.

BBC interview

When asked by Mr Graham why he had then gone on television with his allegations, the witness replied: "I felt let down by Police Scotland.

"They turned up unannounced. I had expected them to turn up in a couple of hours. It was two days.

"I told the police to forget about it. BBC reporters then came to my door and they gave me a platform."

"If you were so keen to protect your mother from finding out about this did you not think she would find out when it was broadcast?"

Actually he is. He illustrates the level of control and manipulation abusers use not to mention how it affected him.

29 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Actually he is. He illustrates the level of control and manipulation abusers use not to mention how it affected him.

Thanks for that explanation BNB, I was concerned he might come across as a bit confused, but I see where you are coming from with your post. :thumbup:

PS  Good luck with your own business set up.   

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

'Someone very special'

Addiction issues

BBC interview

I cant see this line in your post but interestingly in the BBC report I read

The QC also asked the witness if he was suing celtic

He replied: "Yes"

47 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

You got a link to this mate? Is it on BBC News Scotland?

On 24/10/2018 at 20:06, sandyinroyalblue said:

celtic will try and get the PF to say the boys are just money grabbers and this never ever happened. A bit like they tried to make Hugh Britt look a senile old man in Torbetts first trail and the guy only spoke the whole truth, the only one who ever has. 

Also when this is over celtic need to apologise publicity to this mans family but they won't.  

Torbett is gone is only a matter of time now.  

Archived