Chelsea investigating individual - child abuse scandal

Gaz52

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

If it turns out that what went on didn't involve the club knowing about it at the time then fair enough, but if it was in anyway common knowledge within the club then fuck them.

Yeah definately if they knew about it, can't see it though since they are the ones doing the investigating .

16 hours ago, The Mailman said:

Yeah definately if they knew about it, can't see it though since they are the ones doing the investigating .

They paid off an accuser. If this is as bad as it looks, fuck Chelsea and fuck the Blues Brothers nonsense forever.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/chelsea-accused-paying-hush-money-youth-player-over-abuse-allegations-1594142

According to the Telegraph, the payment was made within the past three years and was paid on the agreement that the victim, his family and their lawyers would not be allowed to publicly talk about the alleged abuse.

It was said that that the player took his allegation to Chelsea emboldened by the publicity over the unmasking of Jimmy Savile as a serial paedophile.

Chelsea have refused to confirm or deny the claims based on the condition that a confidentiality agreement was signed.

The only thing that surprises me is that people are in any way surprised by all of this. These sick individuals/groups have always been around any sort of group, footballing or otherwise, that involves youngsters.

Back in the early 70s there were very dubious blokes involved in the local boysclub team and even a school hiking club in the area I lived

2 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

The only thing that surprises me is that people are in any way surprised by all of this. These sick individuals/groups have always been around any sort of group, footballing or otherwise, that involves youngsters.

Back in the early 70s there were very dubious blokes involved in the local boysclub team and even a school hiking club in the area I lived

Yeah, it stands to reason, and in eras when people didn't really think or talk about such things very much, it would have been absolutely rife. I don't think it's so much that people are surprised that it happened, just shocked to find how much corruption and institutional deceit there was to cover it up (which is also ridiculously naive, but there we go. Hopefully it's a positive learning experience for our society).

5 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Yeah, it stands to reason, and in eras when people didn't really think or talk about such things very much, it would have been absolutely rife. I don't think it's so much that people are surprised that it happened, just shocked to find how much corruption and institutional deceit there was to cover it up (which is also ridiculously naive, but there we go. Hopefully it's a positive learning experience for our society).

Hopefully

On 29/11/2016 at 9:14 PM, The Mailman said:

It won't be the same folk running everything now as it was then though. If people knew then it could be that those there now don't know...