Derek Ferguson: Big Brother

Prso's headband

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Great player - dont let those who hate all ex players put you off - he has opinions but as I've learnt if you don't conform to one or two posters views of how to be a Ranger you go on the hate list. 

There's you being melodramatic again 

if you don't at thall very least dislike Derek Ferguson for his antics and attitude towards us then you are the one with the problem 

13 hours ago, rangerslion said:

I'm with you on this one pal. I grew up watching both of them as well and it was a pleasure to watch both. Barry I saw more of, and in my opinion he's the best Scottish player I've saw in a Rangers strip.

To come on here and see some people call guys like Barry Ferguson this, that and a prick. Well you'd think this wasn't actually a Rangers forum at times.

It's perhaps a Scottish thing to be very hard on our own ... Eck gets it as well if a foreigner had cut out our wage bill in half while continuing to win leagues he would be lauded but because he's a bear some can only pick holes in his record.  

I don't hold a grudge against him I just think if he wants someone to blame he should look in the mirror ... his mate Duranty had his career virtually ended by injury and if anything should have made Derek screw the nut and make the most of his talent it should have been that  

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

There's you being melodramatic again 

if you don't at thall very least dislike Derek Ferguson for his antics and attitude towards us then you are the one with the problem 

Says the man who hates the Daily Record but is always starting threads about Daily Record content!! 

On 08/12/2016 at 10:24 PM, harlands plater said:

Never knew that myself Oz I always assumed they were from Hamilton.

Perhaps because it was well known that Barry was born in Hamilton, we assumed elder brother Derek was also from there; in fact I never connected the Fergusons from Calderbank with Derek Ferguson at all. Many  footballers came from Calderbank and Chapelhall, so it's not unusual for those two small villages.

6 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Perhaps because it was well known that Barry was born in Hamilton, we assumed elder brother Derek was also from there; in fact I never connected the Fergusons from Calderbank with Derek Ferguson at all. Many  footballers came from Calderbank and Chapelhall, so it's not unusual for those two small villages.

Aye a few Rangers greats from out this way - Ian McMillan, Willie Henderson, Tiger Shaw spring to mind.

On 06/12/2016 at 2:03 PM, Prso's headband said:

This is Derek Ferguson's book and it is SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE. I have tried Waterstones, Amazon, WH Smith, Asda, Tesco, Soccer Books (who emailed me back to say they couldn't locate one supplier with one copy at all). The only ones that are new are being sold on amazon for hundreds or thousands of pounds. Does anyone know why this is the case and why this book has basically become extinct and can anyone point me in the direction of said book? I'd prefer not to buy a used one but it is looking ever likely. 

It's doing my head in why it is so rare and it's the only thing my dad wants for Christmas. 

derek ferguson.jpg

If u cant get a brand new one for yer Dad al give u mine ..its in good nick ?

1 hour ago, harlands plater said:

Aye a few Rangers greats from out this way - Ian McMillan, Willie Henderson, Tiger Shaw spring to mind.

Two of those legends were very good friends of my family and I had the dubious honour of being put flat on my arse by the other one outside the old Woolworths in Graham Street as he got off the bus from Caldercruix, because he was as blind as a bat.....you figure out who the odd man out was. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Two of those legends were very good friends of my family and I had the dubious honour of being put flat on my arse by the other one outside the old Woolworths in Graham Street as he got off the bus from Caldercruix, because he was as blind as a bat.....you figure out who the odd man out was. :lol:

Could only be Wee Willie :lol:

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:24 PM, Bluepeter9 said:

Says the man who hates the Daily Record but is always starting threads about Daily Record content!! 

Not having a dig mate but why do you get so bitter about the site and other posters? Just that you seem to stand out as someone who loves to argue. Fair enough if its just that you love a debate as you don't seem to become insulting towards others but it does fill up the threads at times when there is already a lot of posters who's views take enough time to read.

Ferguson was a good wee player for us. Surprising he never stayed with us for longer but I suppose we were just such an ambitious outfit at the time. Not quite in Durrant's class though.

6 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Not having a dig mate but why do you get so bitter about the site and other posters? Just that you seem to stand out as someone who loves to argue. Fair enough if its just that you love a debate as you don't seem to become insulting towards others but it does fill up the threads at times when there is already a lot of posters who's views take enough time to read.

Ferguson was a good wee player for us. Surprising he never stayed with us for longer but I suppose we were just such an ambitious outfit at the time. Not quite in Durrant's class though.

So basically your saying I'm polite ( something not afforded to me by a few on here) but opinionated and that because I respond ( to what I see as some of the crap talked about Rangers) that I I'm 'filling up threads' - perhaps you should have a go at the people who post the negativity I respond to and then with less negativity and hatred I would respond less and you can get on with reading others views? ( 0r is that just to opinionated? Or argumentative? :pipe: ) 

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So basically your saying I'm polite ( something not afforded to me by a few on here) but opinionated and that because I respond ( to what I see as some of the crap talked about Rangers) that I I'm 'filling up threads' - perhaps you should have a go at the people who post the negativity I respond to and then with less negativity and hatred I would respond less and you can get on with reading others views? ( 0r is that just to opinionated? Or argumentative? :pipe: ) 

:lol:

My apologies, jumped in without the full background. Just that it always seems to be you when I'm trying to rush through some threads. If people are bitching at you then fair enough :541:

Should have added BluePeter that your wasting your time being positive on here after a bad result. Realism and Rangers don't go together after poor results. It takes about three days for it to subside just in me and I've always thought everyone in my family was too harsh on the team. On the internet your always likely to end up getting a bit of verbal right after a poor performance if you stick up for the team. It's only anger that's making most of us post after a loss. I was the same myself after the Hearts game but realised after about 5 days I was being a bit hard on the manager.

This is with things getting better as well in regard to accepting defeat if you ask me. I used to hate the abuse players used to get during games at Ibrox when I was a boy. Although I suppose it helps to keep some on their toes but too many can't handle it and we end up not knowing if they had what it takes. Suppose its probably the same at most big clubs right enough.

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

So finally got paid and lo and behold the book is now £150 used on amazon and ebay:disappointment:

If any kind hearted bear has a copy I'd happily pay £20 for it, I'd be grateful if it could be sent in time for Christmas, so please just drop me a PM.

That's shite mate. Hope you find a copy for your old man. 

On 06/12/2016 at 3:10 PM, bombaybadboy08 said:

By the sounds of it they only made a certain amount and once they were sold then that was it. Had so much potential as a player but became another Terry Butcher/Billy Dodds and realised that he will earn more money slating us than sticking up for us .

He was the catalyst in Barry moving to Blackburn, he wanted his brother to live the live he never and badgered him into it.

To be fair the club needed the money back then as well. Nothing wrong with a player heading down south to further his career but he could have done better than Blackburn but I would put that down to Souness being the boss

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:34 PM, K.A.I said:

lol there's loads of stuff mate but him sat on Radio Scotland with Cosgrove, Spiers and Spence one Saturday when we were either on the bus going to or coming back from Aberdeen and he was talking about Rangers fans and bigotry .. totally jumping on the bandwagon and saying stuff like "absolutely Graham - it's a cancer" that was a bit that stuck in my mind.

Was not the only time, either. 

Saying his brother Barry was right to walk out on Rangers and go to Blackburn - that stuck in my craw too.

He turned into a right little appeaser and sat with the same guys ... along with people like Billy Dodds too it must be said while they were calling us cheats and a new club. Not one defence. Nothing.

Fucking midden he is. He's no Rangers man as far as I'm concerned, like so many of our ex-players cash is king they don't care if we go to the wall or never win another thing again, alsong as he get's a grand or so for his Saturday shift on the tranny. 

The Ferguson brothers are fucking trash as far as I'm concerned .

I very rarely slate ex Bears but these two are despicable low life who have enhanced their pay pockets by taking the devils pound while carefully appeasing our enemies .

Make me sick .The two of them.

Met Barry's wife one day . Have to say . This women thinks she is hollywoood .

Got to say ,she is was rude as fuck