I wrote a new Rangers song

ForeverBlue1981

25 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

That 5-1 game was my favourite as a kid.

My dad had it taped on VHS and i used to get up and watch it before school just about every day!

I would have been in primary 3 or 4.

I remember the commentators words to this day.

Aye that's about the same as I was with that one for about six months. In my head we were the greatest in the world. Think we were in a European Cup quarter final and had some good matches against top teams. A club starting to punch its weight at a good level again and buying some of the best players in Britain. Walters was superb but so were they all that season. Good times. Remember once I started going then ended up in the East Enclosure the sheer belief in Souness and the team unbelievable. For about two years I'd have died that for that man and was sick when he left. Peopled were naming their dogs after him :lol:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

I hadn't even been until 89 and after about two games it was mostly skipping in. Much were the prices. I thought an adult was only about 12.50. Well worth it.

Wilkins goal was a peach. Remember the keeper flapping one in too :lol: Think they scapegoated the poor guy and binned him for good for that game alone.

Julie Andrews was the keeper and IIRC it was his birthday.

5 hours ago, Inigo said:

William, I like you mate. I genuinely do. But NEVER diss Billy Ocean. :mad:

That song, as far as I'm concerned, is the soundtrack to my childhood Rangers supporting days. :rangers:

Sure I got it for Xmas too. More than likely my first Rangers video.

Yeah it was a class video that one. Plumbger made me laugh a minute ago cause he still remembers the background words, we must have all done the same. Bit later but see Mark Hately? He was fucking tremendous. I don't think I've seen many strikers better than him in the British game.

England fucked up playing the likes of that Ferdinand over him. Was strange as we had all the big English players of the day. Big Hateley was arguably the best if you consider the big wins and match winning goals. Gazza was great too as was Trevor Steven who was the first superstar for me but it feels like Hateley achieved more with us or gave us all his best years because he was immense.

We've never properly replaced him or McCoist.

Duncan Ferguson was kind of rated in England and wasn't a patch on Hateley, big Jelevic was about the best after that in that sort of role. Smith must have been smoking some crack when he thought Kyle Lafferty could be that man :lol:   

2 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Yeah it was a class video that one. Plumger made me laugh a minute ago cause he still remembers the background words, we must have all done the same. Bit later but see Mark Hately? He was fucking tremendous. I don't think I've seen many strikers better than him in the British game.

England fucked up playing the likes of that Ferdinand over him. Was strange as we had all the big English players of the day. Big Hateley was arguably the best if you consider the big wins and match winning goals. Gazza was great too as was Trevor Steven who was the first superstar for me but it feels like Hateley achieved more us or gave us all his best years because he was immense.

Duncan Ferguson was kind of rated in England and wasn't a patch on Hateley, big Jelevic was about the best after that in that sort of role. Smith must have been smoking some crack when he thought Kyle Lafferty could be that man :lol:   

Hateley was fearsome. A brute of a centre forward. When he grew his hair he looked like something from your worst nightmare. Arguably the most important Englishman we had.

Have to say though, my personal favourite was Walters. Loved him as a boy. An entertainer and a big game player. Mhank and sheep skelper extraordinaire. 

Just now, cumnockbear said:

Post went awry there a wee bit, CB, but I get ya.

Yeah, I have it too. The minute you hear the first few beats of the song, you're transported back to being 11 years old again (well, it's 11 for me, anyway!).

9 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Haha its actually the very one Inigo, few beers tomorrow night and a catch up :beer1:

I do quite like Ocean but I was fucked if I was coming straight out with that. Seen people mauled on here for less :lol:

:lol:

Just now, Inigo said:

Post went awry there a wee bit, CB, but I get ya.

Yeah, I have it too. The minute you hear the first few beats of the song, you're transported back to being 11 years old again (well, it's 11 for me, anyway!).

I was 3 when this was out, every time i hear that Billy Ocean track it reminds me of that video and also my 1st ever Rangers game, the 2-0 victory at Douglas park at the start of the video.

3 minutes ago, Domthenbud said:

Just my opinion mate. But Paul Simon was a bit special.

As in retarded?

Makes sense now that you say it, actually.

3 hours ago, ForeverBlue1981 said:

Hi,

I wrote a new original song for Rangers. I would appreciate it if you all had a listen.

Would like to hear some feedback, what you think about the sound of the song, what you think about the lyrics and the video etc.

Would appreciate it if you share the song on Twitter and Facebook  if you like it.

Cheers

Feck, you will be releasing a cd next?

Just now, Domthenbud said:

He was and still is. In my opinion. Sounds a bit boring but prob balances your attempted joke. 50 / 50 ???

Nah. The joke was shiter than that tbf.

I don't mind Simon and Garfunkel. It's just Art's hair that's a little bit concerning. Kind of thing that would give you nightmares.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Nah. The joke was shiter than that tbf.

I don't mind Simon and Garfunkel. It's just Art's hair that's a little bit concerning. Kind of thing that would give you nightmares.

I gave up hair a few years ago mate. Not my decision. Ha ha. Listen to Paul Simon himself, pretty good. Have a good night mate. WATP.

:shifty:

1st post. must be a shettleston with that effort.

I liked the  'up to our knees '  part especially.

i gave it a like anyway.

good luck with it.

if someone is singing any Rangers songs, thats ok in my book.

sing it loud sing it proud.

3 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Yeah it was a class video that one. Plumger made me laugh a minute ago cause he still remembers the background words, we must have all done the same. Bit later but see Mark Hately? He was fucking tremendous. I don't think I've seen many strikers better than him in the British game.

England fucked up playing the likes of that Ferdinand over him. Was strange as we had all the big English players of the day. Big Hateley was arguably the best if you consider the big wins and match winning goals. Gazza was great too as was Trevor Steven who was the first superstar for me but it feels like Hateley achieved more us or gave us all his best years because he was immense.

Really good player, but not nearly as good as Dado IMO.