Warburton on youth

King_gazza

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye very good Warburton, let's see how many you get into your starting 11 in the next 18 months. 

And lets see how many don't get ripped to pieces by the greatest fans in the world if they don't play like some seasoned international in the first 30 minutes of their first game.

8 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

And lets see how many don't get ripped to pieces by the greatest fans in the world if they don't play like some seasoned international in the first 30 minutes of their first game.

Same guys that jumped on the 'Barry McKay is a shitebag' bandwagon. 

9 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

It's all part of playing for Rangers, if they can't take the heat then get out the kitchen. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

It's all part of playing for Rangers, if they can't take the heat then get out the kitchen. 

MW has said if they are good enough they will get their chance but they have to be good enough.He is not going to put someone into the squad if he doesn't think they are good enough plain and simple. Like Walter he is not going to put someone into the squad who is not capable of handling the heat as you put it.

Problem with giving youngsters a chance is the impatient fans we have.  If a lad doesn't score a hat-trick, break an opponent's leg and sing the sash while playing keepy-up he's classed as shite by the support.  He gets even more criticism if he actually gets off the bench.

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Problem with giving youngsters a chance is the impatient fans we have.  If a lad doesn't score a hat-trick, break an opponent's leg and sing the sash while playing keepy-up he's classed as shite by the support.  He gets even more criticism if he actually gets off the bench.

That's the pressures that come playing for Rangers it's always been that way.

4 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

With that logic we wouldn't have anyone playing for us in the first place.

We would still have the standard of player we have now who struggle to break through down in England, so can't see the logic in your post.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

That's the pressures that come playing for Rangers it's always been that way.

No it hasn't.   Sure, playing for Rangers comes with pressure but players used to be given a chance to demonstrate their ability before being slated by the fans and supporters used to be more patient.  Willie Henderson,  16 - DJ -16 when they made first team debuts, would hate to be these guys nowadays and social media has made the situation worse.

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

No it hasn't.   Sure, playing for Rangers comes with pressure but players used to be given a chance to demonstrate their ability before being slated by the fans and supporters used to be more patient.  Willie Henderson,  16 - DJ -16 when they made first team debuts, would hate to be these guys nowadays and social media has made the situation worse.

As long as i can remember it's always happened, you state it's not we will see if any agree with your opinion I'd be surprised.

So the same fans who wanted youngsters played after the league was won are the same fans that think coasting the last few games cost us the cup final?  

By that theory then changing the team for 3-4 games then having a 2 week break before the final would've most certainly produced the same outcome.   Some of our support don't actually deserve to be fans of any club-let alone Rangers

11 hours ago, sammy cox said:

MW has said if they are good enough they will get their chance but they have to be good enough.He is not going to put someone into the squad if he doesn't think they are good enough plain and simple. Like Walter he is not going to put someone into the squad who is not capable of handling the heat as you put it.

Exactly, so his academy run his way and with his men scouting and coaching there  should be players ready for that heat in 18 months. 

I wont hold my breath. 

12 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Exactly, so his academy run his way and with his men scouting and coaching there  should be players ready for that heat in 18 months. 

I wont hold my breath. 

MW inherited an " academy " which was totally neglected by all previous managers including Walter and all of a sudden you are putting an 18 month time scale on him.Did you put the same timescale on Walter and deem him a failure for not producing a certain amount of first team regulars in his spell in charge. What in your opinion will be seen as MW and the backroom staff getting it right in 18 months.How many players will have to be playing regular first team football for you to deem it successful.

31 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I wont hold my breath. 

Why don't you ask the question that why when he took over were there not all these young guys ready to step into the first team squad.Guys developed over a period of time by previous managers.WHY weren't they there or was that MW fault as well.The youth academy has been open for 15 years or so now so surely if previous managers had been doing their jobs correctly when MW took over there should have been at least a handful of decent players ready to face the heat.

5 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

MW inherited an " academy " which was totally neglected by all previous managers including Walter and all of a sudden you are putting an 18 month time scale on him.Did you put the same timescale on Walter and deem him a failure for not producing a certain amount of first team regulars in his spell in charge. What in your opinion will be seen as MW and the backroom staff getting it right in 18 months.How many players will have to be playing regular first team football for you to deem it successful.

He's had 18 months I'm giving him another 18 so that's 3 years. ? You telling me they can't find a 16/17/18 year old just one that could be ready for a starting place at Rangers in 18 months and good enough for Scottish football. 

He is the one that's saying we need to get the academ working for the club and finding these young lads that can make the step up, I think it's just talk. 

Time will tell. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

He's had 18 months I'm giving him another 18 so that's 3 years. ? You telling me they can't find a 16/17/18 year old just one that could be ready for a starting place at Rangers in 18 months and good enough for Scottish football. 

He is the one that's saying we need to get the academ working for the club and finding these young lads that can make the step up, I think it's just talk. 

Time will tell. 

So one player will be deemed a success then. Fair enough.

2 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Why don't you ask the question that why when he took over were there not all these young guys ready to step into the first team squad.Guys developed over a period of time by previous managers.WHY weren't they there or was that MW fault as well.The youth academy has been open for 15 years or so now so surely if previous managers had been doing their jobs correctly when MW took over there should have been at least a handful of decent players ready to face the heat.

Because the last lot of managers and boards have failed us badly when it comes to getting young players into the team. 

That's in the past it's time to get it right, he's half way through his 3 year plan and I don't see many future prospects from Auchenhowie banging on the door. 

2 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

So one player will be deemed a success then. Fair enough.

Well going by a conversation I had with Sandy Jardine many moons ago, 1 player a season from Auchenhowie establishing himself as a first team starter would be a great return on the money spent on the academy. 

I agree with that.