That was utterly shambolic

Gaz52

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

If today wasn't a day where the players took the Support for granted then I'd struggle to think of days where that sort of performance was worse.

All this talk from Warburton about not taking the Support for granted looks more and more like lip service as games come and go when the results and / or the performance looks just like the players and the manager taking the Support for granted.  

The performance of the players on the pitch starts with the quality of leadership and management that prepares them for the game.    The team today did not have the appearance of being well prepared and well motivated and well energised for the game.  It just didn't.   And not for the first time in this season where the Club is prepared to accept 2nd best as being success.

In my opinion not good enough from the players.  And not good enough from the manager.

Fair point, but the crowd was shite too.

Everyone - fans and players included seemed like they wanted to be somewhere else. I was looking at the clock from about 70 minutes hoping the ref would just put everyone out our misery and let us go up the road. 

I agree we were pish today

but we have been as bad in games and got a point or even no points

but I think it's a good sign that we can play as bad and still come away with the three points 

4 wins on the spin now in the league and will take that and if we can play as bad against the tarriers and win then I will bite the hand off you for that 

30 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

It might be a symptom of being stuck in the house instead of at the game today, but that was the worst I've watched. Inept from start to finish, every bad thing about the team on display.

A positive MW interview to come, players walking away from Ibrox today thinking that was acceptable because of the three points, repeat.

There will be games like that thro this season,the points were more important 

Im taking it not a lot of the guys slating the poor performance today sat at games during walters spells as manager? Some of those performances were honking,and that was with a better team than we have now. The victory is the thing. How many times have we said we would take a scrappy 1-0 victory. Today is that day,it goes in the books as a win,and we move on to the next game.

We cant and wont dominate every team.

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Not a fuck will be given if we put in the same performance and win next week...... 

You think we can win against them playing like that? Not a hope

Beating them is everything no matter what. However having a shit house side like Inverness  running rings around you at home is embarrassing 

can

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Also were having a real go for the performance but moaned we didn't have a keeper or outfield player to win us games and Fod does it today. 

We need a keeper who could win us 10-15 points a season so it's good he is becoming a lot more reliable

Fod gave us the points tonight. Well done. Also big tree done well.

Can the more sensible move away from the garner thing. As shown tonight he was not very good as usual.

Still n

Look at the weather out there today - ffs - we were never going to play nice football. Conditions were a leveller and given the way we like to pass the ball about, probably favoured the physical ICT side.

It was pretty brutal to watch but, teams of the past have did exactly what we did today - win ugly. As said before the ability to win ugly is absolutely crucial to being a successful team.

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

The worst performance of the season at Ibrox.

No energy in midfield, no-one willing to play off Garner, pass accuracy was embarrassing. 

If it wasn't for Fod then we'd be humped. ICT deserved to win that game, I've no idea how we've came away with 3 points. 

Stupid us for thinking we'd turned a corner and the momentum was with us, how dare we expect a convincing win at home to bottom of the league Inverness.

They better buck their ideas up for Wednesday or it'll be a defeat and god help us if we show up next Saturday playing like that :anguish: 

Can't blame the manager, the players didn't look interested minus Fod, Hill and Kiernan

Biggest overreaction of the season. Settle down, drama queen.

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

Look at the weather out there today - ffs - we were never going to play nice football. Conditions were a leveller and perhaps favoured the big physical guys playing for ICT. 

It was pretty brutal to watch but, teams of the past have did exactly what we did today - win ugly. As said before the ability to win ugly is absolutely crucial to being a successful team.

your posts are generally good Badger. but like most of the sensible guys on here they tend to  shy away from slagging No 1 popular guy with the bears . I have been up front since he was gaining cult status to say NO,

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

The worst performance of the season at Ibrox.

No energy in midfield, no-one willing to play off Garner, pass accuracy was embarrassing. 

If it wasn't for Fod then we'd be humped. ICT deserved to win that game, I've no idea how we've came away with 3 points. 

Stupid us for thinking we'd turned a corner and the momentum was with us, how dare we expect a convincing win at home to bottom of the league Inverness.

They better buck their ideas up for Wednesday or it'll be a defeat and god help us if we show up next Saturday playing like that :anguish: 

Can't blame the manager, the players didn't look interested minus Fod, Hill and Kiernan

The reality check is, that this squad just lack the strength and depth to put in consistent performances week on week. In general, the players lack the technical ability, creativity and physicality to do it. The best we can do is consolidate second place, but I have little hope of us getting through any Europa qualifiers, or mounting any serious challenge to the scum for the foreseeable without significant investment. I cannot blame either MW or the players, because they are what they are and there isn't much more they can do. Battling it out every week doesn't work either as it just wears them out and they are not of that mentality.

The St J game for me will be pretty pivotal in how our mind set will be when we face the scum in getting our confidence up. If they turn us over, I fear the worst when they come calling, so victory is a must and achievable and then the scum game will take care of itself.

6 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Biggest overreaction of the season. Settle down, drama queen.

What is wrong with what the guy said apart from the line about Garner as he is shite.

Like you happy with 3 points but we don't sweat them out we win it. WATP.