That was utterly shambolic

Gaz52

7 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Not to to be too technical or tactical but that performance and tactical setup from ICT was a carbon copy of how Celtic set up against us. 4231 and nullify our midfield by playing in between them. Tis why they got so much joy in middle of the park. 

Said that today, that midfield of ours was far too lightweight and couldn't cope with the numbers in the middle.

Caley were pish, a stuffy big physical team with next to no skill at all.

They made it difficult for us by picking up second balls and pressuring us to make loose passes, a better team capitalises on those mistakes.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

It definitely was. We had 2? shots on goal. And allowed Inverness the majority of possession. I can't recall any other game where that's happened this season

Fans moan about losing games and that possession means nothing. Manager changes tactics and win with lower possession and fan(ny) complains 

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Undroppable more like.

A spell on the bench will do them good i think.

Wondering what the deal is with MoH is aswell, starts a few games, plays well 2 and not so well in the third and then drops right out the equation.

Yes - stupid autocorrect I meant "undroppable". 

I agree with your point about MOH - something tells me the gaffer has his favourites and he's not one of them. 

His subs today again did not improve our performance.  The stubborn streak is still there. We can't be happy with a slump, three good games then pish again  it's not consistent enough to win anything tbh  

24 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Yes - stupid autocorrect I meant "undroppable". 

I agree with your point about MOH - something tells me the gaffer has his favourites and he's not one of them. 

His subs today again did not improve our performance.  The stubborn streak is still there. We can't be happy with a slump, three good games then pish again  it's not consistent enough to win anything tbh  

My thoughts are the MOH maybe goes in a wee huff when he is dropped then that's why he falls out the picture.

7 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Still won but. Performance sometimes doesn't matter when you come away with 3 points. 

The win is always welcome & a bloody sight better than the alternatives.

But we can't go on scraping by, which is what we've done in all but 4 games this (league) season.

Except we seem to be making a habit of it, while our immedite rivals seem to be flakier than us.

Maybe we can......

10 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

My thoughts are the MOH maybe goes in a wee huff when he is dropped then that's why he falls out the picture.

Many managers would say they like to see players displeased at being dropped.

I suppose it's how your 'huff' manifests itself.

Think this is the norm.  Good performance...terrible performance.  Our players lack consistency.  Not sure who will show up... but Fod has (generally) been excellent.  For Dec 31... we're in with more than a shout.  When we play well... we'll take that mob. 

8 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

The worst performance of the season at Ibrox.

No energy in midfield, no-one willing to play off Garner, pass accuracy was embarrassing. 

If it wasn't for Fod then we'd be humped. ICT deserved to win that game, I've no idea how we've came away with 3 points. 

Stupid us for thinking we'd turned a corner and the momentum was with us, how dare we expect a convincing win at home to bottom of the league Inverness.

They better buck their ideas up for Wednesday or it'll be a defeat and god help us if we show up next Saturday playing like that :anguish: 

Can't blame the manager, the players didn't look interested minus Fod, Hill and Kiernan

It was piss poor, shoot me down in flames, but halliday,  Holt,  windass,  forrester,  tavernier,  waghon,  garner and mckay widnae get in the doors to Polish the boots in the 90s

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

It's probably already been asked but who was the big black boy for them?  He ran us ragged IMO.

Was just talking to my m8 about that, looked pretty handy on the ball, fuck knows his name but he stood out for me today  (not because he's black cos that would be racist)

As many have said, it was an embarrassing performance. But these days I'll take any three points and move on with fingers crossed we get a win v STJ and something worth watching.

The players and team as a whole are up and down like the proverbial yoyo and it's doing our nuts in. :raging:  The midfield need an overhaul and they should all be dropped. As soon as Rossiter's fit enough to play he should walk straight into the team. He's got to be better than what we seem to have,

On Wednesday I'd start McKay, Burt and Windass with any three from five up front and see what happens. Anything would be better than today :anger:

8 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

The worst performance of the season at Ibrox.

No energy in midfield, no-one willing to play off Garner, pass accuracy was embarrassing. 

If it wasn't for Fod then we'd be humped. ICT deserved to win that game, I've no idea how we've came away with 3 points. 

Stupid us for thinking we'd turned a corner and the momentum was with us, how dare we expect a convincing win at home to bottom of the league Inverness.

They better buck their ideas up for Wednesday or it'll be a defeat and god help us if we show up next Saturday playing like that :anguish: 

Can't blame the manager, the players didn't look interested minus Fod, Hill and Kiernan

I watched on a stream and it was hard going, freezing at the match without access to my beer fridge must have been Murder.

Fod was excellent and saved us as he has a good few times this season we just didn't match them at all an our subs made little difference to the play as they constantly gave the ball away.

Hope Wallace is okay and its more a knock than a hamstring.

5 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

He's a 5'7 winger who doesn't dive into 70/30 challenges with 6,4 15 stone Inverness rugby players. 

They'd break him in half if he did. 

Watch any game. If he is 70/30 favourite he shites it. Garner is 5ft 10 and when he is 10/90 to get it he still goes for it 

40 minutes ago, GOAT said:

It's probably already been asked but who was the big black boy for them?  He ran us ragged IMO.

The big bloke with the turning prowess of a bus with 4 burst tyres and the pace of a tortoise with a broken leg? A big hunk of meat noticeable by his size and nothing else. I'll take Garner or Waghorn any day.

The wee black guy (no. 29?) looked half decent though.

Just now, To Be A Ranger said:

The big bloke with the turning prowess of a bus with 4 burst tyres and the pace of a tortoise with a broken leg? A big hunk of meat noticeable by his size and nothing else. I'll take Garner or Waghorn any day.

The wee black guy (no. 29?) looked half decent though.

Was there two black guys? :lol: 

all I know is a black guy ran us ragged. 

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

You have to wonder why Warburton signed him eh?

I think he played through the middle with St Johnstone whereas we use him as a winger. It does make me wonder why sign a player and put him in a position that isn't his best.

His problem is he does the same movement time after time. Run wide and batter it low across the box. Same every time.