That was utterly shambolic

Gaz52

4 hours ago, Ozblue said:

To be fair,K.A.I. You are a knowledgeable guy who more times than not talks sense; but I totally disagree with you in this case. The manager was not at fault yesterday for the simple reason every player had the same preparation, yet only 3 (4 max) decided that playing the team bottom of the league would not be a breeze, whereas the majority of them treated it as a training run, until it dawned on them we were in a battle. By that time it was too late because ICT had the momentum and we couldn't even pass a ball 5 fucking yards to a team mate.

Warburton could have substituted any of the front 3 and the entire "midfield" we were so bad and I'm sure we will see a vastly different selection against St.Johnstone.

I know one thing for certain; If Andy Halliday plays the next gtame I will be convinced Warburton has no confidence in his other squad members who can play midfield....The players were the problem; not Warburton.

I get that but he still signed this utter dross - budget allowing hands tied, yes, but he's accepted it and still signed them - he's still responsible for bad performances.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was working yesterday and bu the time I got in I had missed the first 18 minutes missed the goal and said to my boy and nephew after the game  that it was brutal to watch and the team gave us nothing good to shout about and they agreed. I'm not concerned about the performance as we have games like that every season and if we get the 3 points then that'll do, I'm certainly not throwing in the towel about the taigs game. Can't wait to stuff they horrible child molesters 

What's frustrating is that we have seen our team play some magical stuff.  We go from looking like Barca to some pub team overnight.  It's simply should not be possible -- but apparently it is.  Blame the manager? Blame the players?  Pretty sure neither the manager or players can explain this.  

Overall, the level of player we have is frankly not good enough... maybe Wes... but we have to be honest with ourselves.. yes we have some talented players.. but not good enough.  We knew the SPL was shite... and second while unsavoury, was probably all we can get this year.  Need to up our game going forward in a big way.  But we all know that.

But.. I'll take the 3 points yesterday (tu)

On 24/12/2016 at 2:40 PM, Badger said:

It was poor, but..... we have played better and drawn this season.

It's a wet and very windy day in December, against a big physical side. I'm happy to scrape a win tbh.

I'm happy if the team starts learning how to win when playing poor. It is hugely important a Rangers side learns that ability.

It's been happening all season 

On 24/12/2016 at 6:28 AM, K.A.I said:

Agree with you but at the end, why can't you blame the manager? Whys he exempt? It's his job to prepare them .. if they don't respond then drop them 

The manager in fairness could not anticipate players not turning up.  Based on the two previous games I think we all expected more against the bottom club.

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

The manager in fairness could not anticipate players not turning up.  Based on the two previous games I think we all expected more against the bottom club.

I'm not meaning that.

These players have not played well in many games this season bar maybe 3.

I'm talking overall the manager isn't blameless as he's brought in some absolute dross who play like that most weeks. It's not a one off thing. Why's he exempt from blame when he's got players who continually turn in these performances?

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not meaning that.

These players have not played well in many games this season bar maybe 3.

I'm talking overall the manager isn't blameless as he's brought in some absolute dross who play like that most weeks. It's not a one off thing. Why's he exempt from blame when he's got players who continually turn in these performances?

Out biggest problem, just like last season, is midfield.  Felt confident 4 months ago with 7 players to choose from.  Sadly through poor management decisions and injuries our midfield is still our biggest problem,  players with little guile, little heart and even less creativity.  Not sure dropping them is an option as we have no one to bring in.  Up to the manager and the board to strengthen thus area in the xfer window.  

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I get that but he still signed this utter dross - budget allowing hands tied, yes, but he's accepted it and still signed them - he's still responsible for bad performances.

The manager is always responsible for bad performances; and that will never change in football as I know only too well from personal experience, but I am 100% sure that if Dave King and his board had given Warburton a half decent budget by the end of last season we would have better quality in the squad.

It wouldn't have mattered if Warburton had told Rangers to stick the job up their arse unless he was given appropriate funds to put in a proper challenge to the tarriers, because no matter who took the job the funds were not forthcoming.

Fuck me...He has brought in players that were virtually unknown; who in better times would never have got a game in Rangers reserves, never mind in a squad to try and win the title and yet we are still sitting second, so I'll wait and see what he can do IF he is allowed to sign better players.

My biggest gripe is that the timing of his substitutions seem premeditated no matter how the game is going (apart from an injury) but he could have made any amount of changes against ICT and it probably wouldn't have changed our performance.

On a side note......If Warburton got sacked/decided to quit because of lack of finance, who do you think would/should be our manager, or more importantly, who would accept the job knowing serious finances were not available to improve the playing squad?

4 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

The manager is always responsible for bad performances; and that will never change in football as I know only too well from personal experience, but I am 100% sure that if Dave King and his board had given Warburton a half decent budget by the end of last season we would have better quality in the squad.

It wouldn't have mattered if Warburton had told Rangers to stick the job up their arse unless he was given appropriate funds to put in a proper challenge to the tarriers, because no matter who took the job the funds were not forthcoming.

Fuck me...He has brought in players that were virtually unknown; who in better times would never have got a game in Rangers reserves, never mind in a squad to try and win the title and yet we are still sitting second, so I'll wait and see what he can do IF he is allowed to sign better players.

My biggest gripe is that the timing of his substitutions seem premeditated no matter how the game is going (apart from an injury) but he could have made any amount of changes against ICT and it probably wouldn't have changed our performance.

On a side note......If Warburton got sacked/decided to quit because of lack of finance, who do you think would/should be our manager, or more importantly, who would accept the job knowing serious finances were not available to improve the playing squad?

Warburton shouldn't settle for not being backed then.

No-one has less time for Dave King than me but he gets a lot of blame for Warburton's failings and vice-versa, too.

I keep seeing everyone saying Warburton doesn't have the standard of player and he's not been backed (which is true) but what little Warburton has had he's wasted. You acknowledge yourself he's responsible for piss-poor performances and results.

As I said, it's not exactly a one-off thing. It happens most weeks. I don't think sitting in second is anything to be chuffed about either. It's our most realistic achievement this season but that's it's not that much of an achievement. This dross would still walk into any other team in Scotland bar the taigs - that says a lot of the Scottish game..

30 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No-one has less time for Dave King than me but he gets a lot of blame for Warburton's failings and vice-versa, too.

I keep seeing everyone saying Warburton doesn't have the standard of player and he's not been backed (which is true) but what little Warburton has had he's wasted. You acknowledge yourself he's responsible for piss-poor performances and results.

As I said, it's not exactly a one-off thing. It happens most weeks. I don't think sitting in second is anything to be chuffed about either. It's our most realistic achievement this season but that's it's not that much of an achievement. This dross would still walk into any other team in Scotland bar the taigs - that says a lot of the Scottish game..

KAI, that's the main point for me would Warburton spend any money he gets in January well, just about all of his signings have been poor, and seems to get worse if s fee is involved!

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Your first point is a difficult one simply because we don't know the level of backing that Warburton has been promised for next season IF we qualify for Europe;because we certainly would struggle against a half decent team in Europe with the current squad.

I totally agree with the second point (for various reasons) about Warburton wasting his "budget" mainly on Joey Barton, which to me was an unbelievably stupid bit of business and one which made me shake my head as soon as  it was even suggested he could be signing for us...although I was hoping it would be a success and I would be left eating humble pie. Signing Senderos was another waste of a wage as far as I was concerned, but the signing of Kranjcar was a gamble worth taking and one which I think could still pay dividends for us.The one that really makes me scratch my head is the signing of O'Halloran for a reported £500,000 in the last January transfer window on a 4 1/2 year contract then hardly gets a game.

The signings of Crooks, Windass,  Dodo, Rossiter were clearly for the future, so we can't say at the moment if they were good signings or not. For sure the players are the ones that have to do the business on the field as it's no good saying they train brilliantly during the week but are total shit on game day, so yes, the manager is the one responsible for the performances and results....Anybody who says otherwise has never been a manager or understands the workings of a football club.

Finally; coming second has never been an option nor an acceptable achievement for Rangers, but maybe considering the turmoil of the past 5-6 years, we can cut our board and manager a bit of slack and let them build us up to where we belong without committing financial Seppuku.

Just now, Ozblue said:

Your first point is a difficult one simply because we don't know the level of backing that Warburton has been promised for next season IF we qualify for Europe;because we certainly would struggle against a half decent team in Europe with the current squad.

I totally agree with the second point (for various reasons) about Warburton wasting his "budget" mainly on Joey Barton, which to me was an unbelievably stupid bit of business and one which made me shake my head as soon as  it was even suggested he could be signing for us...although I was hoping it would be a success and I would be left eating humble pie. Signing Senderos was another waste of a wage as far as I was concerned, but the signing of Kranjcar was a gamble worth taking and one which I think could still pay dividends for us.The one that really makes me scratch my head is the signing of O'Halloran for a reported £500,000 in the last January transfer window on a 4 1/2 year contract then hardly gets a game.

The signings of Crooks, Windass,  Dodo, Rossiter were clearly for the future, so we can't say at the moment if they were good signings or not. For sure the players are the ones that have to do the business on the field as it's no good saying they train brilliantly during the week but are total shit on game day, so yes, the manager is the one responsible for the performances and results....Anybody who says otherwise has never been a manager or understands the workings of a football club.

Finally; coming second has never been an option nor an acceptable achievement for Rangers, but maybe considering the turmoil of the past 5-6 years, we can cut our board and manager a bit of slack and let them build us up to where we belong without committing financial Seppuku.

I'll bet you anything right now mate they amount to nothing bar maybe Windass if he stays fit and plays regular.

I can't cut people who do their job badly any slack. Sorry I can't and won't. Custodians like King have lied and the management (in my opinion) aren't upto it either. I don't do cutting slack when we make the same mistakes and a lot of them avoidable.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'll bet you anything right now mate they amount to nothing bar maybe Windass if he stays fit and plays regular.

I can't cut people who do their job badly any slack. Sorry I can't and won't. Custodians like King have lied and the management (in my opinion) aren't upto it either. I don't do cutting slack when we make the same mistakes and a lot of them avoidable.

I will agree with you about King; I was against him and his puppet Mini-Murray from the start and I still don't trust them...and if they don't come up with the promises in the off season, then they should be given the heave-ho; but the question is..If not King, who in fucking hell has the money to take over?

As for Warburton; he's basically still a rookie as a manager having only 2 seasons experience with Brentford, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt to see if he learns by his mistakes this season and doesn't make them again.

I remember when Foderingham first signed and was getting slated by almost every poster on here and I said he would end up as good a keeper (if not better) than McGregor, so I will say that Rossiter will prove you wrong and end up a good signing for us if he stays fit.

Just now, Ozblue said:

I will agree with you about King; I was against him and his puppet Mini-Murray from the start and I still don't trust them...and if they don't come up with the promises in the off season, then they should be given the heave-ho; but the question is..If not King, who in fucking hell has the money to take over?

As for Warburton; he's basically still a rookie as a manager having only 2 seasons experience with Brentford, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt to see if he learns by his mistakes this season and doesn't make them again.

I remember when Foderingham first signed and was getting slated by almost every poster on here and I said he would end up as good a keeper (if not better) than McGregor, so I will say that Rossiter will prove you wrong and end up a good signing for us if he stays fit.

I like Fod too. Even at Swindon I seen him a few times and liked him.

McGregor was always over-rated in my eyes. Most shots from distance with pace and on target seemed to beat him.

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I like Fod too. Even at Swindon I seen him a few times and liked him.

McGregor was always over-rated in my eyes. Most shots from distance with pace and on target seemed to beat him.

I only seen Wes play twice with Swindon  (one the bust up with cuntface Di Canio) and another one where he was brilliant, so I was surprised we got him. The obvious flaw with Fod was dealing with pass backs as he was so left footed and opponents knew exactly how to close him down, but the guy has worked very hard on that aspect of his game to the point he now can clear right footed when needed. He isn't fully comfortable using his right foot but he now has opponents unsure what angle they should try and put him under pressure.

Your comment about McGregor has reminded me of our game against the sheepies at Pittodrie in September 2011 when we were 2-0 up and doing it easy then Foster hit one from about 25 yards and McGregor made a total fuck up of it when it was easier to save....That gave us a very uncomfortable 8 minutes and could have made the bus back to Glasgow a bit miserable.

Gilks is said to be a very good 'Keeper, but I don't know how he will get a game unless Wes gets injured or has an absolute shocker....He will do me as our number 1.

13 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Out biggest problem, just like last season, is midfield.  Felt confident 4 months ago with 7 players to choose from.  Sadly through poor management decisions and injuries our midfield is still our biggest problem,  players with little guile, little heart and even less creativity.  Not sure dropping them is an option as we have no one to bring in.  Up to the manager and the board to strengthen thus area in the xfer window.  

Absolutely. What Warburton had planned for his first choice midfield are either injured or have left the club. The midfield offer nothing - no physical presence and zero creativity. Teams walk through our midfield. Problem is though as you say who is there to bring in ? 

We make other teams look good - Caley Thistle passed us off the pitch at times