That was utterly shambolic

Gaz52

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

I think he played through the middle with St Johnstone whereas we use him as a winger. It doesĀ makeĀ me wonder why sign a playerĀ and put him in a position that isn't his best.

His problem is he does the same movement time after time. Run wide and batter it low across the box. Same every time.

Tbh he would have been more effective than Garner through the middle today imo, he was rotten.

Just now, plumbGER said:

Tbh he eould have been more effective than Garner through the middle today imo, he was rotten.

They were all rotten, that's the big problem we have, getting rid of all the shite and there is lots of it at Ibrox, also MOH is just another shite Warburton signing and he has signed plenty. We need money and there is none, we are going nowhere, one step forward and two back whatever results we get to achieve second spot is about as good as it is going to get for the foreseeable future and with the scum guaranteed Ā£30 million European moneyĀ for the foreseeable future it's mission impossible.

Not usually one of those bad day at the office type of people as that's an easy excuse.

Even when we don't play well we usually do enough to deserve the win but Inverness outplayed us we were lucky to get 3 points.

But at this busy time you take the points and move on.

Thats 4 wins in a row and now on to Perth.Ā 

Its all about winning.

11 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

The worst performance of the season at Ibrox.

No energy in midfield, no-one willing to play off Garner, pass accuracy was embarrassing.Ā 

If it wasn't for Fod then we'd be humped. ICT deserved to win that game, I've no idea how we've came away with 3 points.Ā 

Stupid us for thinking we'd turned a corner and the momentum was with us, how dare we expect a convincing win at home to bottom of the league Inverness.

They better buck their ideas up for Wednesday or it'll be a defeat and god help us if we show up next Saturday playing like that :anguish:Ā 

Can't blame the manager, the players didn't look interested minus Fod, Hill and Kiernan

We won though.

22 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

No energy in midfield, no-one willing to play off Garner, pass accuracy was embarrassing.Ā 

If it wasn't for Fod then we'd be humped. ICT deserved to win that game, I've no idea how we've came away with 3 points.Ā 

Stupid us for thinking we'd turned a corner and the momentum was with us, how dare we expect a convincing win at home to bottom of the league Inverness.

They better buck their ideas up for Wednesday or it'll be a defeat and god help us if we show up next Saturday playing like that :anguish:Ā 

Can't blame the manager, the players didn't look interested minus Fod, Hill and Kiernan

Honestly mate, we have took 12 points from our last 12. Including sheep andĀ hearts,Ā and a rugby team at home today. Ā 

Humped and embarrassing?....Really? We weren't fucking humped or embarrassed.

So fucking fed up with the negativity. Ā WeĀ won our 4th game in a row. Ā The howl of it is imo Ā you've got umpteen likes for your post. Ā Ridiculous, it really is. Ā Stupid us for thinking we'd turned a corner? Ā We ran Aberdeen and Hearts ragged, Ā Nothing stupid about it, its aĀ fact.Ā 

Ā 

7 hours ago, Queen's_highway said:

Watch any game. If he is 70/30 favourite he shites it. Garner is 5ft 10 and when he is 10/90 to get it he still goes for itĀ 

I do, I'm at Ibrox for every home game.

If he's unlikely to come with the ball and his legs intact he doesn't throw himself into it. Why should he? Cunts can't wait to moan about guys like Rossiter and Windass always being injured - if the small and slight McKay went into 50/50s with these hammer throwers he'd being joing them on the injury list. I personally don't want my technical, pacey creative winger getting broken for the sake of the perceived notion that he's not a 'shitebag'. Takes more bravery to get on the ball and create something with half of Ibrox on your back.Ā 

And then GarnerĀ gets criticised for 'being a red card waiting to happen'.Ā 

16 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Can I just say on the bright side Gaz - I got well oiled beforehand in the Louden.

If we were sitting closer to them in the league we would all be saying that it's a sign of champions, getting the win while we have been shocking.

We have dominated games this season and got nothing to show for them, happily take the 3 points today and move on to Wednesday.

I thought we dealt with set pieces and corners Ā much better with Hill in the team . Ā IĀ think Tavernier holt and Halliday were second best they were out fought and bullied we coudn't get the passing game going and the energy levels that suit are style didn't existĀ we can't have them three start together againĀ 

18 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Agree with youĀ but at the end, why can't you blame the manager? Whys he exempt? It's his job to prepare them .. if they don't respond then drop themĀ 

To be fair,K.A.I. You are a knowledgeable guy who more times than not talks sense; but I totally disagree with you in this case. The manager was not at fault yesterday for the simple reason every player had the same preparation, yet only 3 (4 max) decided that playing the team bottom of the league would not be a breeze, whereas the majority of them treated it as a training run, until it dawned on them we were in a battle. By that time it was too late because ICT had the momentum and we couldn't even pass a ball 5 fucking yards to a team mate.

Warburton could have substituted any of the front 3 and the entire "midfield" we were so bad and I'm sure we will see a vastly different selection against St.Johnstone.

I know one thing for certain; If Andy Halliday plays the next gtame I will be convinced Warburton has no confidence in his other squad members who can play midfield....The players were the problem; not Warburton.

I think we have turned a corner. It's four wins in a row with a couple of fine performances, but we do need to remember we do have a very average squad that also lacks strength and depth. We have little physicality and they are never going to be world beaters, but we did win albeit pretty ugly.

This squad cannot turn inĀ slick exciting football every week, very few teams can and we do lack that physicality when you are up against hammer throwers. We do tend be over critical as a support and I'm the world's worst, but on hindsight, we have consolidated second spot and I am confident that's where we will stay and lest we forget, there were some dire performances during Walter's day and we still won the title. Too big a gap I quality and depth with the scum for this squad to copy that, so I can cut them some slack.

Count our blessings on this one and inĀ the next we will step up gain, I have no doubt.

27 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I think we have turned a corner. It's four wins in a row with a couple of fine performances, but we do need to remember we do have a very average squad that also lacks strength and depth. We have little physicality and they are never going to be world beaters, but we did win albeit pretty ugly.

This squad cannot turn inĀ slick exciting football every week, very few teams can and we do lack that physicality when you are up against hammer throwers. We do tend be over critical as a support and I'm the world's worst, but on hindsight, we have consolidated second spot and I am confident that's where we will stay and lest we forget, there were some dire performances during Walter's day and we still won the title. Too big a gap I quality and depth with the scum for this squad to copy that, so I can cut them some slack.

Count our blessings on this one and inĀ the next we will step up gain, I have no doubt.

The next 2 games will tell us if we have turned a corner but Ā at present im far from convinced. The truth be told we have been average to poor for most of the season and the fact we are sitting second shows how bad the rest of this league really are. There have been references to teams of the past winning with poor performances and still winning the league but these were sides with quality and the ability to stand up when counted there really is no comparison.

Ā The defence had been a concern for me earlier in the season but Hill seems to be steadying that. The lack of clearĀ cut chances is getting under my skin now.

Not being negative just totally honest.

15 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

In a nutshell, that's the reality, but without real money coming in to Rangers that's where we will stay 2nd spot. How can we improve if we can't compete money wise in keeping good players and signing them, they can spend millions just to thwart any signings of quality.Ā Billy Gilmore for example, Chelsea could offer him silly money, just like they offered Laukaku, 60 grand a week i think at 16 years old.

We had to endure a dire performance on the pitch yesterday and it looks like we will have to endure years of pain not just on the pitch but also maintaining and modernising the stadium. I believe that 2nd spot is a must and qualify for Europe to bring in money for better players. Merry Christmas

46 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Good post BA

The tims record is frightening this season so far only 1 game drawn the rest wonĀ 

however the performance we put in today was simmlar to what the tims have done last 6 weeksĀ 

my concern is the midfieldĀ 

holt tries like fuck but i think he is only a squad player at best tav should be on a wing if in midfield and Halliday is pishĀ 

Ā 

6 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I do, I'm at Ibrox for every home game.

If he's unlikely to come with the ball and his legs intact he doesn't throw himself into it. Why should he? Cunts can't wait to moan about guys like Rossiter and Windass always being injured - if the small and slight McKay went into 50/50s with these hammer throwers he'd being joing them on the injury list. I personally don't want my technical, pacey creative winger getting broken for the sake of the perceived notion that he's not a 'shitebag'. Takes more bravery to get on the ball and create something with half of Ibrox on your back.Ā 

And then GarnerĀ gets criticised for 'being a red card waiting to happen'.Ā 

I thinks he is a coward on occasionsĀ however your point is at times valid. He pulled out of one yesterday that had injury or red card written all over it. Crowd gave him pelters.Ā 

Ā 

14 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

The tims record is frightening this season so far only 1 game drawn the rest wonĀ 

however the performance we put in today was simmlar to what the tims have done last 6 weeksĀ 

my concern is the midfieldĀ 

holt tries like fuck but i think he is only a squad player at best tav should be on a wing if in midfield and Halliday is pishĀ 

Ā 

We are limited with the squad that we have. MW has got to get the tactics right and the team need to take a deep breath andĀ be brave without being silly. I think it aint the dayĀ for passing out from the keeper. Just get the ball moving quickly. If we get bogged down in our own half, we're fucked. Just keep the pressure on them as their defence is their weakest link. We have got to play to our strengths and it isn't in defence

Halliday to step up. Do the job in stopping them in midfield and the simple pass. Two, three around them when they are in possession.Ā Force them into making the mistakes.

This is no easy fucking task, but we can do it. Haven't a fucking clue on team selection TBH. I like the thought of Garner noising them up and he is pretty solid, but you have Miller who is the smart player and Wag's to put them in, but he tends to come in from wide and maybe not direct enough, I don't know. We have McKay who can beat anyone if he is up for it.Ā Just be brave, outsmart these cunts and exploit their weaknesses.

1 hour ago, centenarystand said:

The next 2 games will tell us if we have turned a corner but Ā at present im far from convinced. The truth be told we have been average to poor for most of the season and the fact we are sitting second shows how bad the rest of this league really are. There have been references to teams of the past winning with poor performances and still winning the league but these were sides with quality and the ability to stand up when counted there really is no comparison.

Ā The defence had been a concern for me earlier in the season but Hill seems to be steadying that. The lack of clearĀ cut chances is getting under my skin now.

Not being negative just totally honest.

Outwith the scum, the rest are just not too shining bright and many are just shite. Fucking poetry!

I'm convinced we will take second with room to spare, but we are miles behind THEM. As I've said, the squad are of limited ability and I don't knowĀ that we can ask much more of them. Far less our collective ability, the lack of physicality needed against some of the hammer throwers isn't there and we can and do struggle.Ā 

If we are looking at top spot, we are far from being the finished article and of course whilst we have this board, we are really only looking at second spot due to inadequate investment to make that challenge for top spot. I doubt we can even make it throughĀ the Europa qualifiers. This team are what they are. Quite limited, but good enough to consistently take second spot. For us that isn't good enough, but I've come to the conclusion that there isĀ little point in constantly berating the players, as at the end of the day, they are all we can afford. Yes, some of the money could have been better spent, but no manager is going to get all his signings right and MW has brought in many and we can't blame players for that.

I can only but conclude, that whist we have this board and inadequate investment to bring in the quality needed, expectations need to be lowered, or we will be constantly and seriously disappointed. Depressing, yes, but I don't know what else I can add to that for us to move forward and topple the scum.

17 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Read this thread title and wasn't sure if it was about the game yesterday or the last few pages of the Dave King will hold money in reserve until January thread...

Ach well, a bit of poetic license and straying off topic.

TBH,Ā it's all inextricably linked anyway.