Some players gave their all today and deserve credit

Gaz52

Don't know what more embarrassing, getting beat at home to these fuds or members of our support actually thinking Halliday and Holts performance was acceptable.

How we ever going to move on if they get pass marks.

Assuming/hoping alcohols playing a big part!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, kingtom80 said:

we tried hard to day one or two players very good,

most of the rest rubbish,we need a bit more class

in our team,get the cash out DK.:craphead:

That's what warburton should have said short ,simple and to the point ........lol

Barrie McKay deserves huge credit considering some of his performances earlier in the season. Thought he was brilliant today, especially considering he was playing a different position and effectively had to cover the whole left side himself. 

The last 2 games we've relied far too much on him IMO. Both games I've been watching and at certain points thinking I can't see us scoring unless McKay does something special.

The only player in our team who has genuine quality. 

This team never wins the second balls, hill can win headers all day long but majority of the time the opposition retains possession, Halliday goes in for his occasional challenge (usually coz he's lost the ball) yet once he's gone in the opposition retain. Don't think the players, especially the midfield, actually realise where there meant to be or what they're doing 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Fod, Hill, Wilson, Miller and Mckay gave a good account of themselves.

The problem is two of them are the wrong side of 30. 

So we essentially have 3 players to build a team around. 

If McKay keeps this form up, he will be gone by the end of the season. He was immense today and it wouldn't have gone unnoticed down south and who can blame the lad if he took the opportunity.

So the downside is, now we have TWO! Wilson gave a decent account of himself, but is just not the quality we desperately need, so now we have one. That leaves Fod, who IMHO is a great shot stopper, but is not a keeper who commands his area and a bomb scare at passing the ball out and I think Gilks is the better of the two, but you wouldn't build a team around a keeper.

A cleansing is needed and start again I'm afraid if we are ever to overhaul the scum and that will take a proven manager and money, both of which we currently do not posses.

7 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Don't know what more embarrassing, getting beat at home to these fuds or members of our support actually thinking Halliday and Holts performance was acceptable.

How we ever going to move on if they get pass marks.

Assuming/hoping alcohols playing a big part!

I'm still sober and thought Holt had a great game. 

Ran himself into the ground and was the only one to show composure when he had the ball. 

Add in the fact he had next to no help in the middle I thought he did pretty well. 

It's amazing how fans see different things, there were four of us in the car who mostly agreed that Foderingham, McKay, Hill done a great job, Kenny missed an open goal apart from that the tried hard, Kiernan, Tav, Halliday are not good enough to be in the team, if Forrester and Waghorn weren't so fuckin greedy we would have scored two more, the bottom line is that there players were better, faster and more skilful, our passing out of defence was horrific, putting Dodoo on was baffling as he's not played in weeks, the problem is that we have players who were good enough for the championship but not good enough for this level.

6 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I'm still sober and thought Holt had a great game. 

Ran himself into the ground and was the only one to show composure when he had the ball. 

Add in the fact he had next to no help in the middle I thought he did pretty well. 

Nah mate. 

Decent enough in a team like Hearts. Don't want him anywhere near our CM.

Not saying he's any worse than the others but a CM that contains him isn't anywhere near good enough.

59 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think, when you lose any game, let alone against them, it's easy to get angry, frustrated and make some outlandish statements. Right now it feels fucking brutal and it's difficult to see where we go from here. Today, as hard as it is to admit, we just weren't good enough overall and as usual stupid mistakes and our inability in front of goal is proving very costly. That in itself is hard to take.

McKay, in particular and Foderingham were fantastic though. Windass made 3 or 4 really telling passes and if we can get him fully fit and adjusted to life at Rangers he can make a real impact IMO. He has a bit of quality about him. 

We cut them open at times, and if Tav produces a better cutback we could have gone 2 up. Wilson is unlucky with his header, Miller should get a second and the decision making and end products from Waghorn and Forrester were poor. 

We lost today because we simply can't defend and we lack any composure in the final third. We can't get goal side, we can't track our men, we can't communicate, we follow the ball like schoolboys and we panic as we approach the opposition goal. Sinclair, Dembele and maybe even Armstrong apart, their team IMO is very average but those 3 in particular, we just couldn't handle. They weren't even doing anything outstanding as well which really irks me. Our defenders just stood off them or just went missing making them look like the Barca front 3. Money gives you a better chance of getting better players and they made a difference, aided by our incompetent defending. I don't think there is a massive gulf between the two teams but the league table doesn't lie. For every game we have dropped points, they have somehow won by the odd goal. Their start to the season has probably been their best ever and that makes us look that much worse.

Garner going off was a huge blow. I know the jury is still out on him from some but when he went off we lacked a presence up top. Waghorn brought nothing to the party. Garner going off was a real blow to how we would have set up and I think had an impact. We also lack character when we concede. When we concede we seem to fall apart. 

This season has gone. Every focus right now must be put towards the start of next season. We cannot allow for this to happen again. We must hit the ground running. To do this we need significant investment. The next 6-8 months are huge for our football club. We have to get it right. The gap can and must be bridged. I think we can do it but the board must, by whatever means necessary give us a chance..........

Yes, some of the players deserve plaudits today, but in the bigger scheme of things, bar four players, the remainder of this squad are not good enough to play at this level, far less challenge the scum. Fod's again kept the score line respectable, so let's not delude ourselves.

That scum team aren't the greatest, but they are way ahead of us in every department. The one true talent that we have got is McKay who was immense today, but it will not have gone unnoticed down south and I won't be surprised if he is not here next season and who the fuck could blame him, having both a manager and a Chairman who ARE settling for second best. We are going nowhere with this squad and this manager, far less our pot less Chairman.

Amongst others, you can see the blind spot the manager has for the man that masquerades as a right back and watch us drop points if that useless excuse for a player pulls on a jersey again. Felt sorry for Kiernan having him next to him, but even he himself should be nowhere near a Rangers jersey, which I can say for most of our squad. Tav aside, no harm to them because they are what they are, but Tav is a legend in his own mind and stealing a wage!

We have a weak defence, NO fucking midfield and hardly a player who can put a ball in the back of the net, far less have a shot on goal. Now pray tell me where the fuck we start, because our manager is clueless and our Chairman only spends OUR money, so just how the fuck do we move forward and take the scum? 

Focus on next season? It can but only be in hope rather that expectation, because this club needs change from top to bottom and until it happens we will remain in the shadow of those in the east end and sadly for us that is the reality

Everything that went wrong today started and ended with bad management.

The players are as much victims of that as we are.

Warburton's tactics and game management are fucking dreadful. It's like old school champ manager where you fanny about with the team, press space-bar and put the match settings up to full speed and hope for the best.

This season has gone?  Only the first half. The second half will be even more challenging. In case no one noticed, we are in the mini league for second place.

Not what we dreamed of, but face facts and get on with it as that is what MW and team will be doing. Still lots to play for and I am looking forward to the rest of it in support of the team.  If you look forward in hope, then the crushing blow of false expectation don't get at you. Knowing when to raise expectation is where it is at. All part of being pragmatic really.

1 minute ago, DiamondDan said:

Pity the manager insists on him playing the ball out to the centre halves every time putting the team under immense pressure. The only time I can mind him kicking it long Led to Rangers goal. 

It boggles the mind this playing from the back. Me and my old man were having the same conversation earlier. Invite so much unnecessary pressure onto ourselves and has cost us countless goals.

i get the theory but when teams identify that's how we play all they need to do is press and force an error. 

It especially doesn't work on smaller pitches. 

Well we only found out what we already knew .we can argue how hard they worked or not.the simple fact is most of our players are not good enough how can you coach Tavernier for instance to stop having lapses in defence he is a defender formost but you know he will forget about picking up his man or kiernan and his positioning and mistakes cost us points that will ultimately never win titles. Probably only Forderingham and McKay are good enough to take us too where we need to be.

Warburton brought players that ultimately can't cut it .we could even have fluked a result today but still shouldn't hide the gulf between the sides the reality is 19 points and only half way could end up being over 40 at the end

I honestly think  the st Johnstone game when they changed their formation to 3-5-2  and  they came into the game and were at times out playing us that warburton didn't have a clue how to change our team to counter that threat that was a pivotal moment of how warburton hasn't the ability in a game to change tactics  even during a match against a team with arguably less talented players.

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

I totally blame the manager for this one - and I have been supporting him  - but he is asking his players to play in a formation that is wide open against a team that know how to exploit it. Yes some if not most of our players are not good enough and actually I wont fault any of them for effort today but their midfield and forwards are good - and we set up to let them be good and give them space to play in. How many chances did they create is the 2nd half? - its was like the Alamo at one point. 

Its not good enough. If my manager was continuing to send me out in that formation I would be having a word with the senior pros to have a chat with him. 

This. Said much the same in another thread, shocking formation, even more shocking he didnt change formation after 40 mins when they started to control midfield. Its worrying he didnt change tactics as the game went on.

Nobody can question effort today ... what we can is ability and the managers decision making read a lot of comments after the game talking about the defence but the biggest problem is our midfield powderpuff lightweight ponderous displays by all except McKay ... we lost the battle in that area and this is what gave Celtic the platform to create ... we need better quality midfielders than anyone currently there ... the only 2 I believe could come good are rossiter and Windass ... holt and Halliday give you there tank but lack quality to take is to next level 

2nd point managers decisions now it was clear as day to see that Tav and Kiernan were getting a hard time down our right why was nothing done about this as you could see what was coming a simple option would've been to put McKay to the right wing for a spell to stop Sinclair getting forward and make him defend s little ... another option would've been play hodson or bring him on as I have now watched tavernier be shoe-horned into 3 different positions in a month is the manager too weak to say your not doing enough so your not playing 

what concerns me the most is this will all be forgotten by the time we play our next game and the same players who aren't good enough will all be picked again to let us down 

1 hour ago, Orange Persson said:

This season has gone?  Only the first half. The second half will be even more challenging. In case no one noticed, we are in the mini league for second place.

Not what we dreamed of, but face facts and get on with it as that is what MW and team will be doing. Still lots to play for and I am looking forward to the rest of it in support of the team.  If you look forward in hope, then the crushing blow of false expectation don't get at you. Knowing when to raise expectation is where it is at. All part of being pragmatic really.

cool