Big spending on Ibrox and Auchenhowie ?

Barbarrosa

We now employ on a full time basis a painter/decorator and a plumber,I spoke to the painter chap and he told me quite a lot has been done but still plenty of work still to do but not anywhere as bad as the usual suspects on social media would have you believe.

It's mostly cosmetic work needing done and in layman's terms that's just a general tidy up after years of neglect.

Problem is that most people don't actually see the work that's being done and mostly concentrate on the exterior of the stadium which costs far more money than a few rolls of wallpaper and a few tins of paint.

Guys doing the work are doing a good job given the resources they have.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, redwhiteandgreen said:

I'm curious, not being offensive, but how have they stabilized the club ?  we still don't have a retail income, we still are living on loans from season to season (albeit soft ones), we have nobody involved who has the cash, or the ability (DK may have cash but its stuck in SA under the watchful eye of SARS), to invest the large amounts needed (even if it would be allowed under the flair play rules for Europe) and the stadium may need serious money spent on it in the future.  We have a manager that started really well and may come good again and some players that could be worth a decent sum (Fod, McKay, Windass (maybe)) so the board have that going for them but we have reached a plateau under DK and this board and they cannt take us any further.

The losses the club has been making have dropped like a stone over the last 24 months. Yes it stills requires loans to cover those losses but gradually the club is moving into the black.  We have moved from 3rd in the Championship to 2nd in the premiership in 18 months. On a more esoteric note the club is also not in the papers every single week with one boardroom after another playing funny buggers

I am not suggesting there aren't still issues but a measure of stability has been achieved -  i dont think there is any doubt about that.

5 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Warburton was sufficiently backed by the board during the summer, but we were never going to compete with Celtic.

We are light years away from spending fortunes on players.

The board have stabilised the club; for that I thank them.

Oh how I miss the nightly Jackson 7am klaxon warning about the next embarrassment. 

Oh how I miss Ashley in charge via his placemen and using my Club as his gimp.

Oh how I miss our most promising young player being sold when money was that bad.

Oh how I miss wee Stevie the IT guy being the sum total of our scouting network.

Oh how I miss my Club getting absolutely plundered and raped by the likes of Del boy, under fat Mike's instruction.

Oh how I miss the latest absolutely shameful and embarrassing story every other day in the papers like stadium rights for a £1, how much huge bonuses and pay offs our then ever so hardworking ever so never ending procession of directors etc were taking out.

Oh how I miss the likes of that ultimate Judas shitebag McMurdo spinning paid propaganda for Irvine every other day to destabilize the support to help the rats plunder away.

Oh how I miss the likes of Somers who worked absolutely tirelessly for the betterment of Rangers. 

I could go on and on ...

Oh I wish we could go back to those days when we were much more stable. 

And yes, as has been pointed out many times and was in the accounts, the manager has been backed more than sufficiently to compete and beat everyone except the taigs. Anyone thinking we would finish above them this year is delusional, that's the reality.

Considering the state of the whole club, the way those bastards plundered and left it, plus the ongoing shite with Ashley etc, the board while taking not a penny out have stabilised it. 

It's Rangers, our Club, we want and deserve the best for it, and won't be happy until we get back there, which we will. Of course lots more can and should be done by the board, but I think a bit of perspective should be engaged as well. I do thank the board for stabilising us from where we were. Lots more to do obviously, but I can remember a time when there was hardly a thread about players on this forum ffs, well, unless someone got some inside info from wee Stevie :depressed:

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

The losses the club has been making have dropped like a stone over the last 24 months. Yes it stills requires loans to cover those losses but gradually the club is moving into the black.  We have moved from 3rd in the Championship to 2nd in the premiership in 18 months. On a more esoteric note the club is also not in the papers every single week with one boardroom after another playing funny buggers

I am not suggesting there aren't still issues but a measure of stability has been achieved -  i dont think there is any doubt about that.

Too much sense in that post for some on here mate. 

Then again, it's Rangers, our Club, I understand the passion, but a dose of reality is needed sometimes as well, no matter how unpalatable. 

10 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

We have 43k ST holders ffs. It's not down to this board. Oh wait a minute, they did say we were going for 55 just before going. Suppose that did help.

Self serving. Incompetent. Not fit for purpose. Give not one fuck for the fans and their shameless absence on match day.

14 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

That's a good post, and within that we can still be critical. 

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We have 43k ST holders ffs. It's not down to this board. Oh wait a minute, they did say we were going for 55 just before going. Suppose that did help.

Self serving. Incompetent. Not fit for purpose. Give not one fuck for the fans and their shameless absence on match day.

A 36% increase in turnover is reflective of an increase to the average home league attendance from 34,556 to 44,359, driving increased season ticket, match ticket, and hospitality income. Season ticket income of £9.5 million was recognised during the year to 30 June 2016 based on sales of 37,481 season tickets (2015: £6.3 million from 26,515).

The season tickets money is a lot mate and its helping no doubt about it, but it isnt enough. We need further revenue streams, broadcasting money, european money, we need incremental gains in every aspect of what we do as a business.

But we also need investment and this board has to pony up in that respect as well no doubt about it.

39 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Too much sense in that post for some on here mate. 

Then again, it's Rangers, our Club, I understand the passion, but a dose of reality is needed sometimes as well, no matter how unpalatable. 

So any comment on the apparent no show in the directors box and memorial ceremony on saturday ? 

You're right , it is refreshing to no longer have all our problems played outon the front pages , but FFS open your eyes to what's still going on regarding the running of our club not just blindly accept a lowering of standards or expectations just because " at least their Rangers men and not ashley" 

We all know we have a big problem regarding the retail deal , but the current board are not in a position to take us forward and don't seem to be capable of bringing in the outside investment that we badly need . Something needs to change , and soon because the 40 000 plus ST holders won't all hang around just to see us treading water .

48 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

So any comment on the apparent no show in the directors box and memorial ceremony on saturday ? 

You're right , it is refreshing to no longer have all our problems played outon the front pages , but FFS open your eyes to what's still going on regarding the running of our club not just blindly accept a lowering of standards or expectations just because " at least their Rangers men and not ashley" 

We all know we have a big problem regarding the retail deal , but the current board are not in a position to take us forward and don't seem to be capable of bringing in the outside investment that we badly need . Something needs to change , and soon because the 40 000 plus ST holders won't all hang around just to see us treading water .

Where have I said I'm accepting anything, or it's alright because they're Rangers men? The reverse in fact!

I'm pointing out some reality and how the Club has been stabilised relative to where we were.  

I don't know the personal circumstances on why whomever was not in the directors box on Satrurday, so won't comment, although certainly on the  face of it, it doesn't look good.

And yes, that's my worry, that due to no meaningful improvement in football terms, people get pissed off and lose interest, which is ultimately the fault of the Board, one way or the other.

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Fuck sake surely the bottom part isn't true?

How do you tag people on here? That tit dunny was throwing all sorts of accusations at me because I was critical of Gilligan.

"Bring on the C*lt*c" indeed.

Heard it off a few people and on this as well mate. I was put in the main stand from BF4 and didn't see him either so it could be

1 hour ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

We now employ on a full time basis a painter/decorator and a plumber,I spoke to the painter chap and he told me quite a lot has been done but still plenty of work still to do but not anywhere as bad as the usual suspects on social media would have you believe.

It's mostly cosmetic work needing done and in layman's terms that's just a general tidy up after years of neglect.

Problem is that most people don't actually see the work that's being done and mostly concentrate on the exterior of the stadium which costs far more money than a few rolls of wallpaper and a few tins of paint.

Guys doing the work are doing a good job given the resources they have.

Their resources were tipped to be up too £50million, infact one said "over invest". There's no over investment going on at our club that's for sure. 

17 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Where have I said I'm accepting anything?

I'm pointing out some reality and how the Club has been stabilised relative to where we were.  

I don't know the personal circumstances on why whomever was not itdirectors box on Satrurday, so won't comment, although certainly on the  face of it, it doesn't look good.

And yes, that's my worry, that due to no meaningful improvement in football terms, people get pissed off and lose interest, which is ultimately the fault of the Board, one way or the other.

We probably agree on the above points mate , but with your backing of DK at times then it just seems to me that you are accepting a lowering of standards regarding the personal character of the man who's in charge of our club . IMO ,  The man who leads our board /club should be beyond reproach and in that respect DK no matter how much he puts in will never be acceptable to me .

Personally , unless there was a death in the family then I can see no reason for the events of hogmany , it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth TBH .

While I'm grateful to the Board members who have supplied funding to the club , it's plain to see that it's not sustainable to keep relying on those same few as they don't have limitless amounts to throw at us and to be honest I don't see them getting it back in the near future either , so they really need to get the finger out regarding other sources of income and investment . Sorting out the retail deal is not going to solve all our problems and the longer the current situation continues the more I fear that we will slip back to the way of the early 80's when some seemed more intent on keeping the blazers than improving the club .

2 hours ago, Siam69 said:

Oh how I miss the nightly Jackson 7am klaxon warning about the next embarrassment. 

Oh how I miss Ashley in charge via his placemen and using my Club as his gimp.

Oh how I miss our most promising young player being sold when money was that bad.

Oh how I miss wee Stevie the IT guy being the sum total of our scouting network.

Oh how I miss my Club getting absolutely plundered and raped by the likes of Del boy, under fat Mike's instruction.

Oh how I miss the latest absolutely shameful and embarrassing story every other day in the papers like stadium rights for a £1, how much huge bonuses and pay offs our then ever so hardworking ever so never ending procession of directors etc were taking out.

Oh how I miss the likes of that ultimate Judas shitebag McMurdo spinning paid propaganda for Irvine every other day to destabilize the support to help the rats plunder away.

Oh how I miss the likes of Somers who worked absolutely tirelessly for the betterment of Rangers. 

I could go on and on ...

Oh How I Miss - a board that is honest, upright, truthful and staunch. A chairman that can hold his head high which means we can do the same.

Even when we were utter shit in the JG manager era the board was a paragon of virtue and honesty compared to now. Please bring the 60's around again.

2 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

We probably agree on the above points mate , but with your backing of DK at times then it just seems to me that you are accepting a lowering of standards regarding the personal character of the man who's in charge of our club . IMO ,  The man who leads our board /club should be beyond reproach and in that respect DK no matter how much he puts in will never be acceptable to me .

Personally , unless there was a death in the family then I can see no reason for the events of hogmany , it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth TBH .

While I'm grateful to the Board members who have supplied funding to the club , it's plain to see that it's not sustainable to keep relying on those same few as they don't have limitless amounts to throw at us and to be honest I don't see them getting it back in the near future either , so they really need to get the finger out regarding other sources of income and investment . Sorting out the retail deal is not going to solve all our problems and the longer the current situation continues the more I fear that we will slip back to the way of the early 80's when some seemed more intent on keeping the blazers than improving the club .

Thing is mate, I haven't mentioned King once in this thread, I have said the Board. Dave King is not Rangers, he's not even the owner, he's part of the Board who run it, and a relatively large shareholder. It's the Board's responsibility as a collective.

I fully agree with you about King's credentials to be on our Board, and as I've said in another current thread, when Sarver was sniffing around, I posted many times I'd have preferred him to King (though now glad he didn't take over due to what's happening where he did take over), in fact things were then that bad, I'd have preferred pretty much anyone than being Ashley's gimp, or being raped by Green and his little Paki friend.

But we are where we are, it's still a clusterfuck, and I don't see anyone wanting to take us on, and I genuinely, perhaps naively, think our current board want the best for Rangers. Now, as you say, their resources are not limitless, the fan's patience is not limitless, I'm as fearfull as you, but have to keep the faith.

I've called the Board, including King obviously, out for many things, lack of investment, lack of transparency or truth, the shitbag actions taking the full money of fans then banning them for risking their own safety to stick up for our own at the Cup Final etc.

I just think the reality if what has happened to us, where that took us, what state we were left in, is not going to be solved easily or quickly, but I do think the current board are trying. If someone else came in with an offer for the Club, I'm all ears, very open minded, I'd love it to happen, but likewise, much prefer the board we have to what we had. There's no easy answers, and we agree on most things as you say. 

1 minute ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Oh How I Miss - a board that is honest, upright, truthful and staunch. A chairman that can hold his head high which means we can do the same.

Even when we were utter shit in the JG manager era the board was a paragon of virtue and honesty compared to now.

Don't we all Wullie, don't we all ...

6 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Aye nay bother.

King has been in charge for over 18 months, so was he not planning on doing any fucking maintenance like?! Like it should have been started from the fucking off. Fuck all to do with Green and co ffs!

It has everything to do with Green and Co and arguably goes as far back during the cost cutting era when the bank was running the club, a stadium as big as Ibrox next constant concurrent maintenance otherwise it will fall in to disrepute. Take a look at the stadium 2years ago and look at it now, it is looking a lot better. Fuck we still had Steven Whitiaker advertisements from the 2011 season in the club deck 2 years ago. For the record I think Kings a bullshitter and has put no were near 20 million in to the club but to act as if nothing has been done is pathetic.