Big spending on Ibrox and Auchenhowie ?

Barbarrosa

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

If there's a grain of truth in that the people in charge need chased. 

On the flip side im looking forward to seeing what 30-50 million pounds spent on our training ground and stadium looks like tho 

If there's a grain of truth in the club spending money to bring our training ground and stadium up to a decent standard after years of neglect then the board should be chased? That's fucking mental.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If there's a grain of truth in the club spending money to bring our training ground and stadium up to a decent standard after years of neglect then the board should be chased? That's fucking mental.

Wow 

it's obvious I meant at the expense of the team 

it's about priorities ffs 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Wow 

it's obvious I meant at the expense of the team 

it's about priorities ffs 

So what's the priority? Making sure we finish 15 points ahead of Aberdeen this season instead of 6 or making sure we have a training ground and stadium that's fit for purpose?

Sadly , I think we can expect more of this . The usual suspects will be reeling off the cliches about " January's a difficult market " ," No team wants to sell their top players" etc, etc .

I don't imagine we will spend any significant amount , certainly not anywhere near the sum required to improve the starting eleven . A couple of loan/free agents to supplement the squad will be our limit , unless we raise any cash through outgoings , even then we need money to keep paying the bills so that will be the priority . Don't see DK or the rest of the board sanctioning anything else .

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So what's the priority? Making sure we finish 15 points ahead of Aberdeen this season instead of 6 or making sure we have a training ground and stadium that's fit for purpose?

We need a good team for next season do you think he'll have found money in the 6 months been the 2 windows? 

I dont 

spending silly money on this, to me looks like it will impact on our summer budget 

you of course and as always will know best tho 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

We need a good team for next season do you think he'll have found money in the 6 months been the 2 windows? 

I dont 

spending silly money on this, to me looks like it will impact on our summer budget 

you of course and as always will know best tho 

Looks like it'll affect the summer budget based on what? 

Do you think we'll get good value in the usually overpriced Jan market to give us a good side?

Good to see you admit I know what's best. God forbid someone offers an opinion that isn't your usual hysterical pish. 

20 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

The board have stabilised the club; for that I thank them.

I'm curious, not being offensive, but how have they stabilized the club ?  we still don't have a retail income, we still are living on loans from season to season (albeit soft ones), we have nobody involved who has the cash, or the ability (DK may have cash but its stuck in SA under the watchful eye of SARS), to invest the large amounts needed (even if it would be allowed under the flair play rules for Europe) and the stadium may need serious money spent on it in the future.  We have a manager that started really well and may come good again and some players that could be worth a decent sum (Fod, McKay, Windass (maybe)) so the board have that going for them but we have reached a plateau under DK and this board and they cannt take us any further.

In all fairness there has quite a bit done to tart Ibrox up, my mates wee brother who works at Ibrox throughout the week also said that for the first time in maybe 3-4 years there has been general maintenance and other works done by contractors within the stadium.

Wyhte, Green etc. let the parts of the stadium fall in to a mess, can only imagine how neglected the bits we don't see have been left.

7 hours ago, Barbarrosa said:

Well it was mainly big DJ who was bringing it up. Now I love the way he always sticks up for the club, but I'm not sure he's doing us any favours if he's just making excuses for DCK etc not making funds available.

I'm sure if there had been substantial investment in the stadium we'd have heard about it.

The statement said "spent" as in we already have. So, not that I have noticed.

Getting spun a fanny here I think!

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

That's embarrassing and total lies if true.

I sit in BF4 but was moved to the main stand above the east enclosure for the OF game and the nick of the side of the Copland stand is a total disgrace. I'd say the roof of the Copland is in a worse condition than the roof of the Broomloan. 

18 months we've had these imposters yet the big white structure at the top of the main stand is yet to see a powerwash. Fucking pathetic bunch of clowns. 

What was actually the problem with allowing those hundreds of tradesmen who said they would help restore Ibrox for free? All the board had to do was cover like half the cost of materials? What happened then? Fuck all. A couple of paper banners on the broomloan are already fucked. 

This board is a laughing stock and were allowing it to happen because their pure Rangers men but. 

Rangers men don't miss an old firm game to play golf, Mr Gilligan

Couldn't agree more, the white structure on the main stand is in desperate need of a clean, a lot of the side of the stands and roofs need a lick of paint. Surely with a few bodies on it it wouldn't take all that long to do. It's a stunning stadium but right now it's seen better days. 

55 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Warburton was sufficiently backed by the board during the summer, but we were never going to compete with Celtic.

We are light years away from spending fortunes on players.

Stabilised?

We are living on loans to keep the lights on ffs. We have no line of credit as no bank would touch us with a shitty stick being that high risk.

You didn't do business school obviously. In fact what school did you go to and are you currently living in the RSA and your first name begins with D and last with K?

18 minutes ago, HeHaw said:

In all fairness there has quite a bit done to tart Ibrox up, my mates wee brother who works at Ibrox throughout the week also said that for the first time in maybe 3-4 years there has been general maintenance and other works done by contractors within the stadium.

Wyhte, Green etc. let the parts of the stadium fall in to a mess, can only imagine how neglected the bits we don't see have been left.

Aye nay bother.

King has been in charge for over 18 months, so was he not planning on doing any fucking maintenance like?! Like it should have been started from the fucking off. Fuck all to do with Green and co ffs!

Radio Clyde is run by cunts, best ignored. 

DJ albeit not a cunt talks pish and has only really ever went on the defensive when he personally was being attacked. 

I'm not saying it's lies but ffs we need to stop reacting to outlets that we spend most of our time (accurately) calling lying bastards. 

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

This board is a laughing stock and were allowing it to happen because their pure Rangers men but. 

Rangers men don't miss an old firm game to play golf, Mr Gilligan

Fuck sake surely the bottom part isn't true?

How do you tag people on here? That tit dunny was throwing all sorts of accusations at me because I was critical of Gilligan.

"Bring on the C*lt*c" indeed.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

The statement said "spent" as in we already have. So, not that I have noticed.

Getting spun a fanny here I think!

TBH I think they're just trying to put a spin on spending for general upkeep which should have no affect on player spending.

The fact it was brought up last night is the worry. If DCK isn't making money available he should just say so.

Not come out with bullshit about having to use transfer funds on the stadium and training ground

56 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Fuck sake surely the bottom part isn't true?

How do you tag people on here? That tit dunny was throwing all sorts of accusations at me because I was critical of Gilligan.

"Bring on the C*lt*c" indeed.

It is true,He was playing golf in Florida while the rest of us were paying our respects to our lost brothers and sisters.

7 hours ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

I fully expect more of our enemies and haters to drop some soundbites to take the pressure off King now the transfer window is open.

They know full well we are going nowhere under him and his useless fuckin boardroom halfwits and will do all they can to keep him in place.

Todays Daily Mail has a bullshit story about how difficult it is for poor Mr King to keep us up with the taigs because Ashley has hamstrung our earning capabilities FFS.

Whatever anyones opinion on King is it's pretty undeniable that Cashley is harming Rangers but he gets about 1% of the hate on here that King gets.

In the first six months of 2014 Rangers a club with over a million fans in the UK made the grand sum of £2000 from its retail deals with Cashley.

Cashley was also able to buy the naming rights to Ibrox and the clubs stadium shop for £2?

Seriously why does King get way more hate than Cashley?

3 hours ago, HeHaw said:

It's obvious that there are parts of the stadium looking better than they did of lat; and necessarily so.

4 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Warburton was sufficiently backed by the board during the summer, but we were never going to compete with Celtic.

We are light years away from spending fortunes on players.

"Sufficiently" backed but never going to compete?