Kenny & Hill to get contract extensions

RFCRobertson

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

So we're offering guys of 37 and 39 (or he will be by early next season) new contracts whilst the mhanks bring in £30 million CL cash and look like getting £20 million for Dembele after 7 months?

Sorry, but it's hard not to feel dispirited right now. It's also hard to see how we won't be well in their wake for the next few years.

Seen that earlier. A little bit of outlay, a huge return, 20m ffs.

There MUST be a way we can copy this model with players who are good but need exposure and opportunity. I know we can't offer CL football, but surely something better than a 37 year old.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

I'm comparing a forward with a forward. If Miller was being played as an out and out striker getting the service he and Boyd used to get I would agree with you but he is not. You are the one who said, "He's a forward". You forgat that Warburton wants his front 3 to move around. In addition, due to the lack of quality, Miller is also covering midfield.

Correct. For me MW sets the front three all wtong. No out and out striker. Miller does a lot of link up play and mover well into space but those around him are not up to him and he ends up getting the ball too late and crowded.

He has missed a couple of sitters but that goes with the territory. We just don't up the tempo. No cutting edge and most of the final balls into the box are atrocious and that imposter Tav is the worst of them.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Seen that earlier. A little bit of outlay, a huge return, 20m ffs.

There MUST be a way we can copy this model with players who are good but need exposure and opportunity. I know we can't offer CL football, but surely something better than a 37 year old.

Yeah. Like it or not, we've got to accept that Liewell and his henchmen are good at what they do. It should be our model, but do we have anything resembling a network of contacts and scouts or anyone capable of developing them? Even if we do, we're years behind being able to benefit the way they already are.

It's really, genuinely fucking scary mate.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

So we're offering guys of 37 and 39 (or he will be by early next season) new contracts whilst the mhanks bring in £30 million CL cash and look like getting £20 million for Dembele after 7 months?

Sorry, but it's hard not to feel dispirited right now. It's also hard to see how we won't be well in their wake for the next few years.

Is the 20 million not just some daft rumour. ? In saying that the Epl pay daft money.

39 minutes ago, Smile said:

Is the 20 million not just some daft rumour. ? In saying that the Epl pay daft money.

West Ham posted on their Twitter/Website they had made a bid for a player from Scotland at 20m. Obviously didn't specifically mention Dembele but I cant think its going to be anyone else.

11 minutes ago, High Tower said:

West Ham posted on their Twitter/Website they had made a bid for a player from Scotland at 20m. Obviously didn't specifically mention Dembele but I cant think its going to be anyone else.

Kiernan maybe.:troll:

7 hours ago, High Tower said:

So Matt Crooks is going then? Damn, thought he was worth £60m+

17 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Mckay and Hill then Miller. Imo.

Miller had a great first 40 then contributed little other than a shocking miss. Still got pass marks overall, again imo.

And over the season only Hill as an out fielder has played consistently well and got pass marks for the season.

What's your point?

My point (We both agree that Hill and Miller were two of our best three in our last game) is that they are both consistent and should definitely be offered contract extensions. I completely agree that there age is not ideal and this is a stop gap and not forward thinking in any way. However - the two guys give their all for us week in, week out.

9 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

My point (We both agree that Hill and Miller were two of our best three in our last game) is that they are both consistent and should definitely be offered contract extensions. I completely agree that there age is not ideal and this is a stop gap and not forward thinking in any way. However - the two guys give their all for us week in, week out.

Hill I think is consistent. I'm not sure he will be in 12 to 15 months time. I do wonder if his salary could be better utilised but I just about get offering him a new contract.

Miller I think has under performed this season, I think he looks lostout there and contributes little. I thought he was good for 40 mins in the last game but that apart, and a few goals and assists, I can't see him justifying over the 20 games played him being one if the high earners I suspect him to be. I'm sure we could do better with that money.  He's neither a poacher, striker, great assist maker, 2nd striker... he's just filling a jersey. And age will definitely catch up with a 37 year old forward by this time next year.

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Hill I think is consistent. I'm not sure he will be in 12 to 15 months time. I do wonder if his salary could be better utilised but I just about get offering him a new contract.

Miller I think has under performed this season, I think he looks lostout there and contributes little. I thought he was good for 40 mins in the last game but that apart, and a few goals and assists, I can't see him justifying over the 20 games played him being one if the high earners I suspect him to be. I'm sure we could do better with that money.  He's neither a poacher, striker, great assist maker, 2nd striker... he's just filling a jersey. And age will definitely catch up with a 37 year old forward by this time next year.

Miller is a striker who has been shoehorned into centre midfield and left wing. That's down to the manager, not the player. He has a 1 in 2.5 goal scoring ratio which is better than some strikers who cost a lot more than he ever has.  That said, this year has to be his last.  

8 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Miller is a striker who has been shoehorned into centre midfield and left wing. That's down to the manager, not the player. He has a 1 in 2.5 goal scoring ratio which is better than some strikers who cost a lot more than he ever has.  That said, this year has to be his last.  

What's the basis for 1: 2.5 scoring ratio this season?

8 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

What's the basis for 1: 2.5 scoring ratio this season?

Apologies, i meant across his Ranger career. I would be surprised if it is as good as that this year given the amount of time he has spent out of position. MW does him no favours. 

Update on MOH

Set to leave this month with st Johnstone keen to re-sign him. (scottish Sun)

As always, take it with some salt however with the way he's been utilised I can understand why this may be the case. 
Doesn't say if it's a perma move or just a loan but it would make sense being the former. At which point it's a bit mind numbing as to why we bought him in the first place. 

If it is a permamove, how much would you see him go for? Bearing in mind we bought him for £500,000.

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Update on MOH

As always, take it with some salt however with the way he's been utilised I can understand why this may be the case. 
Doesn't say if it's a perma move or just a loan but it would make sense being the former. At which point it's a bit mind numbing as to why we bought him in the first place. 

If it is a permamove, how much would you see him go for? Bearing in mind we bought him for £500,000.

Cut our losses with half that tbh

18 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Cut our losses with half that tbh

I'm afraid you could be correct.

I still think  there's a player In there tho.

Have we paid st johnstone the full amount ?

Or is it the case that moh would just return to them without us paying the remaining fee?

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

Update on MOH

Teams like that can't offer shite all in transfer fees.

We should be trying to get him on loan down south. Even league 1 teams that can at least offer something reasonable if he does well.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Papers today confirming their new deals ... should be renamed skint no ambition FC 

celtic have ten in a row wrapped up, don't they? 

Probably, but football is a funny ol' game. We'd need a lot of luck on our side and cash, things we never seem to have lately. 

What Celtic do is irrelevant. We must show patience and rebuild our club, if fans won't accept that then we don't deserve our club.