U20 v Scum u20

WGOH

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Can't agree there at all.Barjonas, Thomson, Burt, Beerman, Ashmore all look really good prospects

Theres many you can make a case for, Burt being best out of ones you  mentioned,some players have the talent but not the right mentality to make it just been very dissapointed with our youth Set-Up for long time we should be able bring through  1 or 2 players season who are good enough play week in, week out for us. Maybe i just expect too much know things have changed andwe are trying new things lets hope it all works out for the best. 

11 minutes ago, craigyrfc11 said:

Theres many you can make a case for, Burt being best out of ones you  mentioned,some players have the talent but not the right mentality to make it just been very dissapointed with our youth Set-Up for long time we should be able bring through  1 or 2 players season who are good enough play week in, week out for us. Maybe i just expect too much know things have changed andwe are trying new things lets hope it all works out for the best. 

I don't really know of any club in world football who can bring kids through every season who play week in week out and challenge for trophies.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I don't really know of any club in world football who can bring kids through every season who play week in week out and challenge for trophies.

Many clubs achieve it on similar budgets to ourselves  like feynoord,Dinamo  ,malmo.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's almost impossible the most I can see are one or two we will have to buy the good Players of the likes of Hearts and Hibs who get a better chance to develope.

6 minutes ago, craigyrfc11 said:

Many clubs achieve it on similar budgets to ourselves  like feynoord,Dinamo  ,malmo.

Aye? Other than the Dutch cup the other year it was 2008 they last won the cup and about 2000 since the league title. Throw in a uefa cup which was won with 

Edwin Zoetebier

Christian Gyan

Tomasz RzÄ…sa

Paul Bosvelt (C)

Bonaventure Kalou

Kees van Wonderen

Pierre van Hooijdonk

Jon Dahl Tomasson

Shinji ono

Patrick Paauwe

Robin van Persie

It isn't really the all conquering youth setup of a dominating side.

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Aye? Other than the Dutch cup the other year it was 2008 they last won the cup and about 2000 since the league title. Throw in a uefa cup which was won with 

Edwin Zoetebier

Christian Gyan

Tomasz RzÄ…sa

Paul Bosvelt (C)

Bonaventure Kalou

Kees van Wonderen

Pierre van Hooijdonk

Jon Dahl Tomasson

Shinji ono

Patrick Paauwe

Robin van Persie

Currently top Eredivise with 5 points and in Europe every season not exactly failure.

6 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Edwin Zoetebier

Christian Gyan

Tomasz RzÄ…sa

Paul Bosvelt (C)

Bonaventure Kalou

Kees van Wonderen

Pierre van Hooijdonk

Jon Dahl Tomasson

Shinji ono

Patrick Paauwe

Robin van Persie

Always remember Tomasson on LMA 2003 :lol: 

32 minutes ago, craigyrfc11 said:

I tend to lean towards your way of thinking mate, it doesn't seem like there are any real gems in our youth setup at the moment. Outwith Gilmour, McCrorie brothers and Burt. 

However I think given the turmoil, lack of investment/structure the youth setup has had up until 18 months ago - I think we need to give it a little more time for it to bear any fruits. It was neglected for years by Ally and the previous board, also they've implemented a new philosophy which is designed to accelerate young players progression to senior football.

Adjustment to this new strategy has been longer than we'd all like but think we need to allow it time to grow. 

Just now, craigyrfc11 said:

Currently top Eredivise with 5 points and in Europe every season not exactly failure.

They haven't been in Europe every season. Feyenoord had went incredibly poor for a period of time. So as they sit 5 clear the now. That's it then? World beaters? Their are no real massive outlays in Holland like there used to be so the gap with all clubs is coming down. Herenveen won't be far away from challenging again 

32 minutes ago, craigyrfc11 said:

Are any of them up against a club as rich or as successful as Celtic are domestically though? Feyenoord have effectively won nothing for years. Your argument would be ok if it was Aberdeen and Hearts we were competing with in Scotland but it's not, it's a club bigger and richer than any of the rivals of those clubs mention with exception of Ajax and PSV, even then, neither of them are as successful or dominant domestically as Celtic are just now. 

We have many fans looking for special, cheap, time consuming ways of getting back where we were when the answer is the staring us right in the face and it is the only answer. Money. We need money. We need a board able and willing to find the money we need to compete with Celtic. Moonbeams of bringing kids through and toppling them are utter garbage. Only 2 things will stop Celtic and that is buying quality players and appointing a manager who knows what he is doing.  

13 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

They haven't been in Europe every season. Feyenoord had went incredibly poor for a period of time. So as they sit 5 clear the now. That's it then? World beaters? Their are no real massive outlays in Holland like there used to be so the gap with all clubs is coming down. Herenveen won't be far away from challenging again 

I wouldn't mind being 5 points clear at the moment. 

Just saying like ?