Barrie McKay Wanted

Bluebear11

29 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

If RBL offer £6mill he's gone. Best moment was when he nailed the scum from 30odd yards in the cup last year. Apart from that just flashes and nothing more. I would bite RBLs hand off for £6mill. Sadly I don't believe it, and won't until the next agm

Easily his best moment, but he's had more than flashes. He's our best 'total' footballer, another year or so of development and he'll be a EPL standard player. 

£6m is a minimum we should be accepting considering the market and a player of his potential. 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, DavieAyrshire said:

Eh your saying he gets a bye because hes a winger lol ah he plays on the wing no need to tackle hahaha comon

Obviously he has defensive duties but he's a winger ffs. Should be more focused on what he can do going forward instead of going back

7 minutes ago, DavieAyrshire said:

Eh your saying he gets a bye because hes a winger lol ah he plays on the wing no need to tackle hahaha comon

Tommy McLean was a great player and as fond of a tackle as McKay is. I am sure there were many others over the years like that.

McKay isn't in the team to go into crunching tackles. That's where a decent centre mid would come in handy and give the boy protection. As much as I hate Scott brown and think he's shite, he'll go in hard on someone who has been kicking their wingers 

if we sold Mckay who at 22 has bags of potential for around 2 m and just last summer  we paid 1.8 m for Garner who at 29  likely not to improve than serious questions should be asked about the cluster fuck recruitment policy I much prefer to sell Garner but who seriously thinks we can recoup anything like what we paid .

Wes is probably the only player warburton has brought in that is a potential to sell for more than we paid .

1 minute ago, Gaz52 said:

McKay isn't in the team to go into crunching tackles. That's where a decent centre mid would come in handy and give the boy protection. As much as I hate Scott brown and think he's shite, he'll go in hard on someone who has been kicking their wingers 

I remember that time Waghorn was due for knocking that rat faced fyvie cunt out for a tackle he done on McKay

But yeah, McKay being the winger that he is isn't built for tackles. He's really only got his speed and agility to get him past defenders. and at that most will just take him the fuck out like what paterson did

1 minute ago, Gaz52 said:

Gattuso was the best at it, every time Kaka or Seedorf or someone got kicked, you could see him just rampaging round the pitch looking for whoever did it :lol: 

Just now, Gaz52 said:

Gaz am not talking about crunching tackles m8 ofc hes not in the team for that but i just wish he would tackle full stop tbh he pulls out of every tackle he will end up hurting himself more doing it

3 minutes ago, loyal said:

if we sold Mckay who at 22 has bags of potential for around 2 m and just last summer  we paid 1.8 m for Garner who at 29  likely not to improve than serious questions should be asked about the cluster fuck recruitment policy I much prefer to sell Garner but who seriously thinks we can recoup anything like what we paid .

Wes is probably the only player warburton has brought in that is a potential to sell for more than we paid .

And Windass, Rossiter if he gets fit, I think Dodoo will go for more than the £250k we paid for him as well. 

1 hour ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

How about a paid loan, £4m until the end of the season. If he makes the cut they pay another £4m that way there is a bit more pressure for them to play him to see if he can cut it or risk losing £4m if he does make the cut we get a better deal for one of our most promising players

You want a club to pay us 4 million to take Barrie McKay on a 5 month trial?

30 minutes ago, DavieAyrshire said:

Emm no but he should fooking tackle be honest sick to the teeth of watching him week in week out scared to put a tackle in attackers should tackle aswell btw :P

I have no issue with him not tackling. He can mark and slow them down or make them go backwards. What I do have an issue with is his decision making. He is often chooses the low risk option, instead of driving on and taking a shot himself .

38 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Aye yer right he should be smashing centre halfs and breaking cunts legs

Just taking them on would be a start. The hogmanay game was the first time I've seen him dusting himself off and going back for more after he's been snapped. 

He usually goes into hiding after the first heavy tackle on him.

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Just taking them on would be a start. The hogmanay game was the first time I've seen him dusting himself off and going back for more after he's been snapped. 

He usually goes into hiding after the first heavy tackle on him.

He got kicked a fair few times at Hamilton, got back up and kept playing. Against Hearts Paterson nearly fucking killed him, he got back up and kept playing.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Posters just seem to be ignoring this.

I still think there's something to this rumour. They spent 13 Million on Oliver Burke who was just a decent English Championship player so the McKay 'offer' ain't far fetched with the wealth of Red Bull.

King would have had an orgasm when he heard the 6 Million stories. He'll be on the phone whoring Barrie out to the Germans. Would like more but we simply can't turn that amount down.

11 minutes ago, bluenosebrad said:

Our Club is saying that no official bid has been received for Barrie

Not yet.....

I do expect something to happen here though. Whether it is enough is a different matter.

However, if the DR is telling porkies I'll not be buying it again. Oh, wait..... :lol: