Barrie McKay Wanted

Bluebear11

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually do not see this happening but if we did receive 6 million none of it would be spent this window and I would imagine it would become the total transfer kitty for the next one. Eventually it would be classed as part of the total investment promised by our Chairman.

30 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

The daily impartial causing Rangers player unrest.. ok he could well leave but if the records rumours on Boyd,Davis,bougherra and mcgregor were anything to go by then it's extremely false and boils down to trouble making.

walter was on goals on Sunday a few years ago and said he'd received no interest in any players but the papers would have you believe different

Come on you - don't spoil all the maths geniuses on here who love lapping up the shite from the media.  

My turn -

50 million two bazooka joe's and a sell on clause that means we all get into the cinema free for a year.  

Do nicely dat 

4 minutes ago, WilliamFyfe said:

He'd be silly to leave right now. He needs to be playing good every week. 

Something like doubling their money and a 3 year deal will influence practically any modern day footballer. Guys like Jon Daly have been known to strike gold with some Managers.

£6M would be an incredible fee.

I like McKay; he had a fantastic Old Firm game and has a touch of class about him, but looking at it realistically, that would be excellent business.

From our perspective, he's cost us next to nothing (There may have been a small compensation package paid to Kilmarnock) and has just six months of top flight football under his belt. Yes, he's prone to moments of brilliance, but he's also shown periods of significant annonymity. Again, I rate him and I don't want to be seen to putting down a young Bear, but he went to Morton and Raith on loan, then spent a period on the bench earlier this season asa direct result of very, very poor form.

Five years ago, we were less than a month from liquidation and now, we're looking at a £6M fee for a 21/22 year-old boy? All over it.

He would be daft not to go. I don't think he's a bluenose, but regardless, any half-decent footballer in Scotland must leave this country. Not only for their own professional development and career progression, but to actually challenge themselves; better themselves against talented opposition. There is a solid case to be argued that even training with a top flight German (Or Spanish, or English, etc.) team is more valuble than playing top flight football in Scotland.

2 hours ago, trueblueal said:

They can get tae fuck, he won't get a game either, that was Burke's 1st start and it was a friendly against a very average Rangers team.

5 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

They can get tae fuck, he won't get a game either, that was Burke's 1st start and it was a friendly against a very average Rangers team.

Burkes on the bench every week and gets brought on practically every game. You have to ask yourself how many other 19 yo Scottish players could achieve that? I think its 15 apperances and 2 goals so far. Burke wont be dropping off the radar unless its through serious injury. 

51 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

If he's worth £6m with 18months left, try to get him signed up and sell him for £8m-10m in the summer. 

It took us ages to get him to sign a 1 year extension last year because he wouldn't sign a longer contract.

If there's genuine interest in him I'd be surprised if he signs any new contract and if he does it will probably be another short extension.

28 minutes ago, OhW said:

Don't like seeing Rangers fans act like this. Taig-like, almost cry baby behaviour.

Acting like what you fanny? It's true, name a up and coming player from them that's not been rated 10m plus? Every player they have that has a decent run of games gets linked with some club in England or Barcelona for over £10m

20 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He's not ready for that level yet, but if it's a genuine offer I would sell him, you could  get 2 good players for 3mill each. 

That money will be earmarked for the next transfer window.

If the interest is genuine I think he will go, I will also be surprised if we get £6m it will be another shite deal like when we sold Wilson to Liverpool for £9m or whatever it was and ended up receiving 2.5 or something coz they were gona pay us £250k a game which never happened.

As soon as king, mini etc gets a whiff of some money which means they put less into the club they will bite the clubs hand off and buying clubs will use that to their advantage when negotiating a deal

5 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Acting like what you fanny? It's true, name a up and coming player from them that's not been rated 10m plus? Every player they have that has a decent run of games gets linked with some club in England or Barcelona for over £10m

Because they are playing in Europe every year. Regardless of them getting pumped every week, they still have that top European competition experience. Something which none of our players have at the moment.

To be fair, the tarriers have always been good at getting decent money for players but as of right now, I don't think there's much of an argument.

6 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Because they are playing in Europe every year. Regardless of them getting pumped every week, they still have that top European competition experience. Something which none of our players have at the moment.

To be fair, the tarriers have always been good at getting decent money for players but as of right now, I don't think there's much of an argument.

They do but they also seem to have the press on their side who massively big up their players as well