Barrie McKay Wanted

Bluebear11

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's going nowhere and I'm glad! All rumours that's it!  There hasn't been 1 single team that has come out and said they want him and if such a time that happens they better be prepared to pay up £10 million upwards because this kid is going to be class. I'm fed up watching players I've never heard of or bang average players going to premiership & championship teams for daft money! Well unless there prepared to give us the same they can stay the fuck away fae our best player! 

13 minutes ago, TheBlueOne said:

I hope we dont sell, hes our best player and without him we'll be rotten! 

Get him on a new deal and if they offer £10millon then sell! 

If he played for the Bheasts he would be over £10m easy!

With him we are rotten too

1 hour ago, MasterD said:

It took us ages to get him to sign a 1 year extension last year because he wouldn't sign a longer contract.

If there's genuine interest in him I'd be surprised if he signs any new contract and if he does it will probably be another short extension.

Even if it's a year extension on his deal which has 18months to run, say a year - that would sill add a couple of a million. 

Ideally he signs a new contract and goes in the summer of 2018 for 10 mill+ as a champion.

He will probably sign a new deal and go this summer if he plays like he did in the old firm for the majority of the rest of the season. 

If there is any ounce of truth in this, which there probably isn't and if the kid isn't budging on a new deal then we'd be incredibly stupid not to cash in. In a way it'd be good for us because if MW doesn't get close to £6 mill to spend in the summer then serious questions will hopefully be asked by the majority of the support towards those in charge

Sounds like a stab in the dark saying RB Leipzig but seems like there has been interest.

“If clubs come in, unsettle the players and it’s good business for our club, then we will do it.”

“I’m sure there is dialogue going on at various levels. From our point of view we value Barrie very highly. He is a top young talent and I hope very much he has a bright future here at Rangers.”

This has the same feel to it as Jelavic - not a star striker but one of our best (if not best talents) possibly leaving in January. We're skint, the team has had no investment. We're relying on free transfers and loans. Utter pish.

I like Barrie and it is probably best for him that he leaves, Scottish football is fucking shite, he could go to Germany with better training, players, lifestyle and climate and improve his talents.

Surprised if we got anything near 6 million for him tbh, 18 months left on his contract and we're fucking skint. King would probably accept 1.5 million.

Hopefully there is some add on incentives... pesemistic loyal :depressed:

For me the length of his contract is going to make it difficult to claim a large fee. If we get offered around the £5 million mark I'd take it but make sure there's a sell on clause and maybe ask to loan him back until the end of the season. 

If he does go this window there is no chance we'll see any of the money as it will be put towards the summer targets. 

See if McKay does leave for 6 million is anybody going to give Warburton any credit for the role he's played in bringing him on as a player?

McKay always had talent but it looked like his career with us was over before Warburton took over and for him to show faith in a guy who was a squad player at Raith Rovers and help him reach a level where he's a full international and potentially a six million pound player in little over 18 months is impressive even if people won't want to admit it because there's strong anti-Warburton feeling at the moment.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

See if McKay does leave for 6 million is anybody going to give Warburton any credit for the role he's played in bringing him on as a player?

McKay always had talent but it looked like his career with us was over before Warburton took over and for him to show faith in a guy who was a squad player at Raith Rovers and help him reach a level where he's a full international and potentially a six million pound player in little over 18 months is impressive even if people won't want to admit it because there's strong anti-Warburton feeling at the moment.

If he does go or goes on to be a great player for us then you have to give Warburton credit for sticking with him. Morton fans told me he was gash.

1 minute ago, OhW said:

Yeah, I don't want Rangers fans to turn into the victim scum fans of the 90's/00's, but that's the way some seem to be going.  Everything is unfair, every ref is a mason, everything is Rangers' fault. I do know they are the ones with most of the power though so I'm not about to start labelling people "paranoid protestants" or anything.

You honestly believe that if he was playing for cellic he would be valued at £6 million? Lol.

The perfect example will be this weekend when the Scottish Roberto Carlos keeps a clean sheet against Albion Rovers after returning from injury with Mondays headline being Man City interested in £15 million Tierney. 

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

You have to give the guy credit for going with him as a mainstay of the attack, resting him when he was shite, but having the belief to bring him back. MW definitely believes in him - even when others (including myself) doubted he was up to it.

How about a paid loan, £4m until the end of the season. If he makes the cut they pay another £4m that way there is a bit more pressure for them to play him to see if he can cut it or risk losing £4m if he does make the cut we get a better deal for one of our most promising players

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

You have to give the guy credit for going with him as a mainstay of the attack, resting him when he was shite, but having the belief to bring him back. MW definitely believes in him - even when others (including myself) doubted he was up to it.

I actually thought that MW mis-managed him earlier in the season, he was awesome in the pre-season games and cup games before the season started, then was really poor for weeks, the fans were crying out for him to be rested for a while as he was obviously having confidence issues, MW in my eyes took 3 or 4 games too long to drop him. He was always going to come back into the fold as he's a class little player.