If Warburton went who would replace him?

Studaws

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

No thanks

legends don't tend to be great managers, as for McInness - his teams play shite football.

Would be a step backwards for us in my opinion. 

Totally agree m8, I think in a lot of games we have played some great football that we haven't seen for a few years. We can shout n screaming till we're blue  in the face (which is a truly fantastic colour) but are the players following the managers Instructions to the letter. He maybe tells them to hold possession but we should be driving forward more. Nobody is willing to take responsibility and have a shot from outside the box. We're all shouting from the stands "FUCKING SHOOT" and you have guys like Andy Halliday who we know have scored from various ranges shitting it and passing it sideways. I think we're expecting too much too soon and it's just about tweaking here and there although MW has his hands tied. We shouldn't forget we're being hamstrung by that fat prick Ashley, he's raping our club of much needed funds. I'm maybe wandering off the original comment but I'll blame it on the drink?

5 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Really? Well that furthers my point then about loyalty. It'll come back to haunt him if he doesn't drop Halliday, Holt and Tav for a period of time. 

Hyndman done more than Halliday, Holt, Toral and Windass in the space of 20 minutes. Done a bit of getting stuck in, tracked back, killer passes etc. The kid is 19 on an Ibrox debut when the teams 1-0 down, Halliday, again spends so much more time lying on the grass than playing football. 

Just took this way OT but it fucking boils my blood. 

I  thought Hyndman showed a positive side as well m8. I liked the fact he was more direct than a couple of planks of wood (take your pick). 

Really wish these threads would stop, It's not going to happen anytime soon.

A new manager more often than not also wants to bring in his own backroom team and his own players, In our case he wouldn't have much of a choice at present and he might not fancy a few of the players here.

So the manager,Weir and his backroom team would all need to be paid off more than likely millions it would cost us to start with, Decent managers cost money and want to know what kind of budget they have, Not many managers of decent quality are going to come to a club that has no player budget and playing second fiddle to the unwashed perhaps for the duration of their entire contract.

We just have to except we are where we are at present and no amount of toys out the pram is going to change anything right now, We're a long long way from the finished article.

4 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Really wish these threads would stop, It's not going to happen anytime soon.

A new manager more often than not also wants to bring in his own backroom team and his own players, In our case he wouldn't have much of a choice at present and he might not fancy a few of the players here.

So the manager,Weir and his backroom team would all need to be paid off more than likely millions it would cost us to start with, Decent managers cost money and want to know what kind of budget they have, Not many managers of decent quality are going to come to a club that has no player budget and playing second fiddle to the unwashed perhaps for the duration of their entire contract.

We just have to except we are where we are at present and no amount of toys out the pram is going to change anything right now, We're a long long way from the finished article.

Agreed we're far from the finished article and I'm maybe contradicting myself but I'm just thinking maybe someone should be educating MW more on what it's like to be one of the family. I think the guy oozes class in the way he goes about various business but a bit more grit and determination instead of acceptance and drive it home what "NO SURRENDER" actually means to us all and what should be expected of any Rangers player. 

23 minutes ago, barcablue72 said:

Agreed we're far from the finished article and I'm maybe contradicting myself but I'm just thinking maybe someone should be educating MW more on what it's like to be one of the family. I think the guy oozes class in the way he goes about various business but a bit more grit and determination instead of acceptance and drive it home what "NO SURRENDER" actually means to us all and what should be expected of any Rangers player. 

Some are beyond educating.

We would never be the finished article under Warburton. He is in the wrong profession and all the No Surrenders in the world would make him a Rangers manager or anyone elses manager. He just doesn't get it!

4 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

We keep making the same mistakes and we keep losing the same type of goals. That is down to one man. I am astonished but not surprised he is still in a job. He is useless. Today was another disaster for him, Kenny Miller papered the cracks this afternoon. 

but are  we no learning :duh: ans NAW 

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

'Warbs is too inexperienced' - bring in Neil McCann

'We need stability' - bring in Billy Davies

'No more of the old boys club' - bring back Alex McLeish

'We shouldn't be bottling it in big games' - bring in Derek McInnes

:lol: fuck sake. 

Except no-one that's made any of they suggestions has personally said the part that in comma's that you've put before that.

For what it's worth I wouldn't take any of them as manager. I'd happily hold onto Warburton before any of them and that's saying something. 

McCann would be ideal to have around as a number two or on the training ground but that's it. 

2 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

He's a fukking idiot, if we lose he'd blame it on a player's character in a 'previous life'.  :justno:

He's entitled to his personal beliefs even if they're mental - he has more football knowledge in his small toe than most other football people in Scotland put together. 

I'd get on my hands and knees and ask Smith to come back and save us for a third time.

The one thing you can guarantee with him in charge is no slackers in the team, a better defence and most importantly no chance the bheggers will have it all their own way.

10 hours ago, GOAT said:

I'd get on my hands and knees and ask Smith to come back and save us for a third time.

The one thing you can guarantee with him in charge is no slackers in the team, a better defence and most importantly no chance the bheggers will have it all their own way.

He can't 'save us' without spending money, which we don't have. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

He can't 'save us' without spending money, which we don't have. 

In smiths first three transfer windows January 2007, Summer 2007 and January 2008.  We spent around £12m and made around £12m in sales.  We went from 18 points behind the bheggers to a European final in 18 months.  Even in January 2007 the only money he spent was on Thomson and we had already made that money back on selling Ricksen and Clement.

i think it's a massive myth Smith needs this big massive budget.