Why are you accepting this?

Junior Soprano

20 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I agree but having no money to spend is only 50% of Warburton's problems. King's lies seems to get him off the hook for a lot of other failings of his - this is what I mean about being honest with ourselves. 

We need to be honest across the board - he's not been backed with money but O'Halloran for example at 500k - we've not beat St Johnstone or Ross County in 4 attempts this season ... do you think they spend 500k on players between them in 5 years? ... if Aberdeen win their game in hand they go second - what's their budget and player spend? I think their record transfer fee was Ricky Gillis from St Mirren or that guy from Oldham the same season in 1995 for a million or something. 

Surely it's all about money. The reason we have MW & SDW is a result of money.

Neither MW or DW were employed when they joined us.

No money for a top managers compensation.

And since then, no money for top players.

And having a O'H at RC or StJ would be out of place. He'd more than likely be ostracised by the other players, on 3 or 4 times their money.

We need money firstly for a good manager and then money for quite a number of good quality Rangers players.

Only then we can move onwards, as we should.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Surely it's all about money. The reason we have MW & SDW is a result of money.

Neither MW or DW were employed when they joined us.

No money for a top managers compensation.

And since then, no money for top players.

And having a O'H at RC or StJ would be out of place. He'd more than likely be ostracised by the other players, on 3 or 4 times their money.

We need money firstly for a good manager and then money for quite a number of good quality Rangers players.

Only then we can move onwards, as we should.

I don't really understand what you mean? 

8 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

Disgraceful performance after disgraceful performance?

When did this become acceptable?

just askin for a pal!

I think our expectations have been gradually lowered from the board to the manager to accept poor performances like this, if we keep these mediocre performances up we will just end up another team happy to finish behind the Scum in every competition we enter.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think our expectations have been gradually lowered from the board to the manager to accept poor performances like this, if we keep these mediocre performances up we will just end up another team happy to finish behind the Scum in every competition we enter.

Whilst the fans accept performances like this and accept second best, the board get away with spending fuck all. The manager gets away with buying dud players. The players get away with sub standard performances.

Just now, Junior Soprano said:

Whilst the fans accept performances like this and accept second best, the board get away with spending fuck all. The manager gets away with buying dud players. The players get away with sub standard performances.

I agree, what do they have to play for when we are so accepting after the season tickets are sold that just making up the numbers is good enough.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

I agree, what do they have to play for when we are so accepting after the season tickets are sold that just making up the numbers is good enough.

The fans have been excellent through the last 5 years and in particular 2 years ago with the McCoist/Mcdowall debacle and this year, when the board sold 55 to us.

We have been rotten all season. If Aberdeen or Hearts had been decent they would have been off in the distance with second place.

I'm hanging on to some kind of spark from Toral and Hyndman (along with keeping Miller fit) to help us stumble to 2nd. From there though you can see next season going pretty much the same way. 

Even just to see a bit of decent football would be good but the stuff this side plays is beyond awful. Stuffy one paced shite - it's terrible to watch 

22 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

The fans have been excellent through the last 5 years and in particular 2 years ago with the McCoist/Mcdowall debacle and this year, when the board sold 55 to us.

We have been rotten all season. If Aberdeen or Hearts had been decent they would have been off in the distance with second place.

The Support always do us as you say the good thing for us is how poor the rest of the Spfl are since we left or we would be struggling.

I've been surprised how poor some teams are.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Correct, and we are just about there. I think a Celtic treble this year and MW being kept in position this summer and that will be us. Done. Scotlands biggest provincial club. A bigger version of Hearts and Aberdeen. Basically irrelevant. Will people buy season books to watch us get pumped by Celtic at least 4 times again next season and watch them clean sweep again next season? I can't see it. Then what will the board do? Then they have a huge decision to make. Pull the plug completely on the club or find a way to pump even bigger loans into the club. Would you keep pumping money into a club which will never win anything and is guaranteed to come 2nd at best every season? 

8 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

You know what I find unacceptable?

on twitter the day, a wee blue nose posting Barrie McKays goal against the taigs in April. As if we had beaten peles 1970 Brazil team.

fuck me. We are at an all time low!

2 posts so far you've outed yourself

9 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

Disgraceful performance after disgraceful performance?

When did this become acceptable?

just askin for a pal!

We dominate the majority of most games, despite being the most under funded Rangers team in the top tier in recent memory. 

We have a decent, good man as manager, who is unboutably learning on the job. What some fail to mention is his subs won the game for us today, despite 'can't change a game' tag that gets thrown about. 

Left it late today, but we won. And should have had a pen, and hit the bar, and allowed for a KM fresh air swipe in the 6 yard box. 

Given the level of finance available, we are where we should be. The fact that 'we are Rangers' doesn't mean anything.

13 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

We dominate the majority of most games, despite being the most under funded Rangers team in the top tier in recent memory. 

We have a decent, good man as manager, who is unboutably learning on the job. What some fail to mention is his subs won the game for us today, despite 'can't change a game' tag that gets thrown about. 

Left it late today, but we won. And should have had a pen, and hit the bar, and allowed for a KM fresh air swipe in the 6 yard box. 

Given the level of finance available, we are where we should be. The fact that 'we are Rangers' doesn't mean anything.

The underfunding argument works compared too the tarriers , how much did the sheep , hearts , st  johnstone etc spend ? We could have had logan on a free from the sheep who would be better option than Tav or Hodson,  

Just now, ger4life_1872 said:

The underfunding argument works compared too the tarriers , how much did the sheep , hearts , st  johnstone etc spend ? We could have had logan on a free from the sheep who would be better option than Tav or Hodson,  

We are second in our first season back up with a team largely built of free transfers. We are normally the better team (Old firm and Hearts away aside), but lack quality at times. That's what spending no money gets you - decent, not great. 

I wasn't aware of Logan being available on a free at anytime under Warburton? And Tav was outstanding in the Championship - don't think many forecast his complete collapse this year. Not sure what your point is...? 

13 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

We are second in our first season back up with a team largely built of free transfers. We are normally the better team (Old firm and Hearts away aside), but lack quality at times. That's what spending no money gets you - decent, not great. 

I wasn't aware of Logan being available on a free at anytime under Warburton? And Tav was outstanding in the Championship - don't think many forecast his complete collapse this year. Not sure what your point is...? 

He was out of contract in the summer , suppose my moan is that with the money we did spend (that the rest of the league can only dream of) we should be miles clear in second 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Spot on - too many on here live in the past. 

31 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Spot on - too many on here live in the past. 

I know, imagine folks wanting us to be winning cups, leagues and trebles on a regular basis again. Or even dominating Scottish football once again ffs  

We should all just calm the fuck down and wish for the odd win now and again and perhaps a score draw against the filth. 

9 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

We've been worse in the past, and come through it. 

I remember times in the seventies, and eighties, when we were rank, asking myself why am I putting myself through this every week? Following Rangers then was not easy, but we came through it all, put the taigs to the sword, and put the "New Firm" of Aberdeen, and Dundee Utd back in their place,won 9 IN A ROW league titles, and got to see some really great players.

We're going through a lean spell just now. The players we have, and the players we're able to sign, are not good enough to win us the title. It's torturous knowing that we can't do what we want to do this year, but our time will come again. We have to be patient. 

How did we come through it?

Did we wait patiently and cross our fingers that we would develop a whole bunch of talented youngsters at the same time and then keeping finding hidden gems in the lower English leagues. While we are fed drip drip loans to just keep us going with no league titles and maybe the occasional cup win. 

OR

Did someone throw some money at the problem to kick start the club and get us  winning again, which then leads to greater success and more money which leads to a bigger stage and better players and exposure. 

Which spiral do you want mate? 

The upward or the downward. 

4 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Correct, and we are just about there. I think a Celtic treble this year and MW being kept in position this summer and that will be us. Done. Scotlands biggest provincial club. A bigger version of Hearts and Aberdeen. Basically irrelevant. Will people buy season books to watch us get pumped by Celtic at least 4 times again next season and watch them clean sweep again next season? I can't see it. Then what will the board do? Then they have a huge decision to make. Pull the plug completely on the club or find a way to pump even bigger loans into the club. Would you keep pumping money into a club which will never win anything and is guaranteed to come 2nd at best every season? 

Second is the new first mate, as long as we are slightly better than Aberdeen, Hearts and the rest then we are supposed to be happy about to. 

Fucking surrender monkey nonsense from  the usual crew on here. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Second is the new first mate, as long as we are slightly better than Aberdeen, Hearts and the rest then we are supposed to be happy about to. 

Fucking surrender monkey nonsense from  the usual crew on here. 

Pish. 

I'd love to hear an actual solution to our current situation...

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Pish. 

I'd love to hear an actual solution to our current situation...

I've gave you it time after time. 

Money is the only answer to our problem.  

If you are content being 20+ points behind the mhanks, but it's ok it's our first season back then you are a surrender monkey. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I've gave you it time after time. 

Money is the only answer to our problem.  

If you are content being 20+ points behind the mhanks, but it's ok it's our first season back then you are a surrender monkey. 

And where is this money coming from?