I couldn't even celebrate our goal today.

Does anyone know if we can afford to sack this manager?  Not saying we should just asking if we could.  If it's, say, 300k for him and Weir to go, then, say, getting a manager in from somewhere in the SPL, 200k plus compensation depending - is that money around?  Is that budgeted for.

Cheers.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

It's not savage axe wielding. This isn't some knee jerk reaction to a couple of bad results. We're a poor team and it's been evident for months now. Almost a year actually. 

Yes, i accept that, but what i don't accept is that it is the manager's fault. He has dragged a team from the Championship, to be in the mix for 2nd place. I don't care what anyone says, but I honestly didn't think we would finish above 4th. It is so ludicrous that with a Championship team plus a few add-ons that we should expect much more, given the budget! 

I think expectations were set too high by too many fans and I don't think it does anyone in the team any favours to be on the team's back, or the manager's. They are not good enough to perform any higher than they are performing. Changing the manager will not change that.

16 minutes ago, Blue Blooded said:

Yes, i accept that, but what i don't accept is that it is the manager's fault. He has dragged a team from the Championship, to be in the mix for 2nd place. I don't care what anyone says, but I honestly didn't think we would finish above 4th. It is so ludicrous that with a Championship team plus a few add-ons that we should expect much more, given the budget! 

I think expectations were set too high by too many fans and I don't think it does anyone in the team any favours to be on the team's back, or the manager's. They are not good enough to perform any higher than they are performing. Changing the manager will not change that.

He extended contracts and made signings that were supposed to at least make us better. He hasn't done that. We are so far off the pace in games it's embarrassing. Couple that with his inability or stubbornness to change tactics it shows that he is not a good manager.

29 minutes ago, Blue Blooded said:

Fucking boak.

:duh:

21 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

He extended contracts and made signings that were supposed to at least make us better. He hasn't done that. We are so far off the pace in games it's embarrassing. Couple that with his inability or stubbornness to change tactics it shows that he is not a good manager.

All I know is that he is stuck with a limited budget, and he has been very unlucky with the Barton Krank signings. Tactics, I'd love to have a pop, but I am well aware there isn't a single fan who knows more about the game than the guys in the dugout! We may think we know what we are talking about, but for me, if he was as clueless as some would have you believe, he would have lost the dressing room, but he hasn't. Do you honestly think guys like Hill and Miller and Wallace would still support him if he appeared to be floundering, or bereft of ideas? Of course they wouldn't.. they would have indicated a long time ago! 

6 minutes ago, Blue Blooded said:

Tactics, I'd love to have a pop, but I am well aware there isn't a single fan who knows more about the game than the guys in the dugout! We may think we know what we are talking about, but for me, if he was as clueless as some would have you believe, he would have lost the dressing room, but he hasn't. 

There's plenty of fans with better tactical awareness then our current management team. The lineups and subsequent performances show that.

Does he really have the support of the dressing room? I don't expect players to publicly come out and say otherwise but he certainly is not able to motivate the team to win games. The lineups, tactics and substitutions are very poor more often than not. 

We are all hurting , we are in a dark and horrible place right now, the climb back up will take a  bit longer than we expected,  it's fucking frustrating as fuck but ffs it's what we have, manager must go, I will always  love our club forever more but right now my heart is torn 

6 hours ago, Rumblepack said:

Does anyone know if we can afford to sack this manager?  Not saying we should just asking if we could.  If it's, say, 300k for him and Weir to go, then, say, getting a manager in from somewhere in the SPL, 200k plus compensation depending - is that money around?  Is that budgeted for.

Cheers.

Shut your fucking hole 

cheers 

16 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

We are all hurting , we are in a dark and horrible place right now, the climb back up will take a  bit longer than we expected,  it's fucking frustrating as fuck but ffs it's what we have, manager must go, I will always  love our club forever more but right now my heart is torn 

Loving the number of posts :whistle:

31 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

There's plenty of fans with better tactical awareness then our current management team. The lineups and subsequent performances show that.

Does he really have the support of the dressing room? I don't expect players to publicly come out and say otherwise but he certainly is not able to motivate the team to win games. The lineups, tactics and substitutions are very poor more often than not. 

No, there are no fans apart from ex players who have played at the highest level whose opinion (in terms of tactics) is worth 2 cents. 

You may be right that the players are keeping schtum about disharmony within the dressing room, but I think it would have escaped by now and be no longer a secret. For me he still has the dressing room. 

I think part of the problem is the age of a lot of posters on here.

This season has been fucking painful to watch but as yet has not been as bad as watching the other cunts win 9 before the great Jock Wallace teams of the mid to late 70s then watching us become utter pish between that and the arrival of Souness.

In the 1980s we finished about 30 points off the leaders ( if adjusted for 3 points per win) more than once and finished in 4th place a few times

We came back from that and we will come back again

Too many think it will always be easy like our 9 in a row

I cannot believe some of the shite in this thread.dreading The Rangers scoring a winner cos it would be easier to sack the manager if we only draw.? There is no time in my life I haven't  wanted us to win, and I would have celebrated like a daftie had we  scored the winner.think the gaffer has lost the dressing room though. Today and weds night were a fuckin disgrace. Embarrassing in fact.but if you don't go to the game to see the bears win the game, then please don't bother at all. I've seen it all in my time supporting in our wonderful club.shite teams, shite managers and of course brilliance  from great teams, but I've never ever spoken to a bear who hopes we don't win a game. I believe you are a much bigger disgrace  than the pish that is being served up on the  park just now. Get behind the fuckin team!!

No Surrender

Rab

I can honestly say that I've never wanted Rangers to lose. It's not part of my DNA to even think about wanting my team, I've supported man, and boy to get beat. Any, so called, Rangers fan who does want us to get beat, for whatever reason, can FUCK OFF, because they're not wanted, or needed here.

4 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

I think part of the problem is the age of a lot of posters on here.

This season has been fucking painful to watch but as yet has not been as bad as watching the other cunts win 9 before the great Jock Wallace teams of the mid to late 70s then watching us become utter pish between that and the arrival of Souness.

In the 1980s we finished about 30 points off the leaders ( if adjusted for 3 points per win) more than once and finished in 4th place a few times

We came back from that and we will come back again

Too many think it will always be easy like our 9 in a row

The quicker the board act then we can get on the right bus again, because  atm we are heading the wrong way completely.

I bought into Warburtons ideals ignoring the Brentford fans claiming " he can only play one way, and will not change" taking that as sour grapes, right enough I also gave short shrift to the Sheffield United fans who told us Charlie Green will have our pants down" fuck me how right they were.

We need strong leadership from the top, both the board and management, atm we have silence from the board and nonsense from the manager and we are drifting around heading for the rocks, set of balls required in our boardroom, do they have a set between them?

I would love to be a fly on the wall after the game to listen in to their thoughts, I would not mind betting they talk about everything but what should be  the most important thing, ie shite football and poor manager, sort it ffs.