Does anyone still want Warburton as manager?

LiviGer

25 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

If the board have stumped up £19m, plus season ticket money, and we are still skint.

Then we do not have a bright future

That's with out shirt sales and so on. If we had that and the fat fuck Ashley gets out it would look a lot brighter 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What manager with a brain would come to us just now if we did get rid of him?

King has no money and apparently no wish to actually back the team with any other than tired platitutes. 

We're stuck with Warburton until either his contract runs out or someone with money takes over from king.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

I agree, but I also think that he has had some sort of "epiphany" about the kind of player he thinks he may need next time. For that alone I wouldn't mind giving him the next transfer window to see what his signings will be; I just think it would be markedly different to the one last summer-Toral and Hyndman are the type of players that we initially assumed to be typical Warburton signings, whether on loan or not; I think he tried something else last season with experienced players who he thought were worth the risk, with the chance that it might come off, but the three players, the GK, and the two loanees appear to be resort to type, with the added quality that we didn't have last season.

Absolutely. I said it at the time. He believed he already had the core of what was his Premiership squad and thought he only really needed to add some experienced quality to help it move on to the next level (Hill, Kranjcar, Barton, Gilks) and allow the guys he signed in his first season to continue their development at a higher level. 

Last month he reverted to type as you say and signed players that were more his sort of players. I also think there's a trait in the players he tends to sign that people haven't quite picked up on as much imo (and I think it explains a lot as to why we are where we are). Many of them were at fairly big clubs, failed to make the grade and slid down the league ladder to Wigan or Port Vale etc. Tav, Waghorn, Forrester, MOH, Wilson, have all been given a 'second chance' at the top and it's starting to show why most of them blew their first. 

It all came to a head last Wednesday night and he should have been gone on Thursday morning.

Going back to the win against them results  have been nothing more than disgraceful. The style of football is frustrating to watch, the defending puts years on you  and the goal difference is totally shocking. There are so many negatives.

The fact he is still there makes you wonder what is actually going on inside Ibrox.

50 minutes ago, CRARFC said:

That's with out shirt sales and so on. If we had that and the fat fuck Ashley gets out it would look a lot brighter 

Are you trying to say profit from our shirt sales will be over £20m.

The £19.6m seems like a huge figure to mention they have invested already, and we are still skint, and unable to buy players.

3 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

This season was always going to be difficult,  i wouldn't want Warburton to go. 

Had he done a good managerial job?  Not exactly.  Has the team gave him their best,  no they haven't.  And I'd wager king hasnt supported best he could. 

Sacking him this season would be a knee jerk reaction end of the day,  but after next season if performances isn't any better then yes he must go.  But for now he should stay. 

There's nothing knee jerk about 16 months of regression. And you honestly think anyone is going to put up with the same shite for another whole season? You're at it, surely. 

1 hour ago, j1mgg said:

Are you trying to say profit from our shirt sales will be over £20m.

The £19.6m seems like a huge figure to mention they have invested already, and we are still skint, and unable to buy players.

Course they won't but it will allow us to stop taking stupid loans to get through the season. Think about it realistically, how much for transfers THIS season ? How much for wages/contract extensions ? on top of the investment in the youth, Murray park and ibrox ? It's not that far off the amount ?? I think the money that king said "30m" has had to go on other sectors ? Just what I'm thinking. As this is a forum I'm having my opinion?? 

25 minutes ago, CRARFC said:

Course they won't but it will allow us to stop taking stupid loans to get through the season. Think about it realistically, how much for transfers THIS season ? How much for wages/contract extensions ? on top of the investment in the youth, Murray park and ibrox ? It's not that far off the amount ?? I think the money that king said "30m" has had to go on other sectors ? Just what I'm thinking. As this is a forum I'm having my opinion?? 

Everyone pay for their season tickets in Monopoly money aye?