Does anyone still want Warburton as manager?

LiviGer

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a better manager out there who is willing to take on this job?  Celtic have monopolised the Scottish game while we're expected to compete with no money to spend.  How many managers who hold dear their reputation would accept this thankless task?

4 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Is there a better manager out there who is willing to take on this job?  Celtic have monopolised the Scottish game while we're expected to compete with no money to spend.  How many managers who hold dear their reputation would accept this thankless task?

No money to spend?? £1.8M on Garner, £500K on O'Halloran, £250K on a back up Keeper who's not gonna see the 1st team? Have Hearts or Aberdeen spent £2.5M+??

That's not even considering the development fees for Rossiter/Dodoo  

6 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He can barely compete with Hearts and Aberdeen despite spending double what they do. What would we need to give him to match Celtic? Couple hundred mllion maybe?

1 minute ago, williamcarvel9 said:

No money to spend?? £1.8M on Garner, £500K on O'Halloran, £250K on a back up Keeper who's not gonna see the 1st team? Have Hearts or Aberdeen spent £2.5M+??

That's not even considering the development fees for Rossiter/Dodoo  

or the 10m per year in first team wages.

It may be we have to keep him as we cant aford to sack him, he needs to go against his experiment and shape the team in a formation the players would be more comfortable playing. No one likes anyone being sacked but he is running out of days before this happens.

Yes, because he is for the long term, I think his plans are very much in the long term: there is not set template for success; sacking managers is not in itself a template for success, and I see no visible alternative beyond what we are doing right now. If there was a better manager who would guarantee success, yes, i would want that manager. But under what conditions would those guarantees come? The whole ethos of the club has had to change, and that is underway here. I researched this recently and in two cases where this has been done before, Bill Shankly at Liverpool, and Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United, there was short term "failure" followed by success, where those type of plans were implemented. There is no certainty that Warburton will, given time, succeed, but there is still no certainty that he will fail either. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You will find most of them also support the mendacious one.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

There are many who want to keep him as manager and the vast majority support a team in the east end.

Throw enough and you'll get one that'll stick eventually.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Yes, because he is for the long term, I think his plans are very much in the long term: there is not set template for success; sacking managers is not in itself a template for success, and I see no visible alternative beyond what we are doing right now. If there was a better manager who would guarantee success, yes, i would want that manager. But under what conditions would those guarantees come? The whole ethos of the club has had to change, I researched this recently and in two cases where this has been done before, Bill Shankly at Liverpool, and Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United, there was short term "failure" followed by success, where those type of plans are implemented. There is no certainty that Warburton will, given time, succeed, but there is still no certainty that he will fail either. 

He's Failed on all levels 

Yes, to answer OP!

Could we do better with current resource, yes but to alter actual position against the micks requires either immediate cash or longterm strategy. No easy short term fix reverses 4 years outside top league regardless of jumping up and down saying 'we are Rangers, we dont do 2nd"

1 minute ago, nelsonRFC82 said:

Yes, to answer OP!

Could we do better with current resource, yes but to alter actual position against the micks requires either immediate cash or longterm strategy. No easy short term fix reverses 4 years outside top league regardless of jumping up and down saying 'we are Rangers, we dont do 2nd"

And the long term strategy to overtake the scum would be?

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

And the long term strategy to overtake the scum would be?

Fair point, but I think he has played a big part in implementing a change in how we play/develop our youth teams.

On the 1st team (clearly his most important remit!), I like what he is trying to build. It is miles off and I think you could expect better on a pound for pound basis.. but that itself wouldnt catch Celtic! We need to sig ificantly outperform investment and that requires a synergy of tactics/style > investment. He may not be the best but may be our best hope!

He's probably one of the worst, if not the worst manager in the league. Every other manager has managed to read his tactics and line up s and adjust their game to combat ours in some way. Was same last season to a degree as well only the financial gulf was even greater then making it easier for him to win more games than not. To suggest no one could do better with similar budget is a joke. He's using a sledgehammer to do his job as apposed to rivals using a 3 inch toffee hammer. Fucking Gus MacPherson, Jimmy Calderwood, Ian McColl, Billy Davies, Stuart McCall, all non entities like them are better managers and all know exactly what it means to be part of this club. No doubt they would do better. In fact i am not even sure McCoist could do a worse job. 

Not that i want any of them before someone has a heart attack. :thumbup: