Garner

Boybluesy

On Sat Feb 04 2017 at 10:48 PM, WeirFleckNRothen said:

All the e-Guardiolas suggesting that he needs a partner or doesn't suit the system talk shite.

He misses sitters. I can't remember the exact circumstances surrounding it, the highlights will show it when BBC Sport release them, but he had a fantastic opportunity this afternoon and he didn't even get a shot away, ending up on his hands and knees.

A different system or playing partner can't change that.

Aye they all talk shite.  The fact his best form in his career has been seen when played up front with a partner proves nothing...

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On Sat Feb 04 2017 at 10:36 PM, Smile said:

A good player can adjust to any system unfortunately for us Garner seems a one trick pony. Plus he's 29 this year so will be tougher to change his style of play.

Shouldn't have to change his style of play anyway. If Warburton wanted a striker to play in this style of football then he should have signed one instead of Garner.

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Aye they all talk shite.  The fact his best form in his career has been seen when played up front with a partner proves nothing...

Poor Joe.

He's shite; he spent the first four months of his time here wrestling with opponent's ankles and looking for a fight, then seems to have returned from injury a much more subdued, but equally poor striker.

I don't care if he has none, one two or three partners up-top, that doesn't change the fact that he has missed simple opportunities in-front of goal.

Would like to see him tried upfront in a 4-4-2 alongside somebody with a bit of pace, Dodoo probably from our options.

Will get more and more stick as the dry spell continues but gets some slack because of the effort he puts in

Agree with the earlier sentiments though in the thread...doesn't fit Warburton's style of play, can see that from watching 20 minutes of the guy playing so how on earth the manager thought he'd be a good signing is baffling...

That's not even taking into consideration the money spent on the guy...

4 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Poor Joe.

He's shite; he spent the first four months of his time here wrestling with opponent's ankles and looking for a fight, then seems to have returned from injury a much more subdued, but equally poor striker.

I don't care if he has none, one two or three partners up-top, that doesn't change the fact that he has missed simple opportunities in-front of goal.

Never realised that for 1.8 million you were expecting a striker that never misses. Ever.

I've seen even the best strikers in the world missing sitters for fuck sake. 

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Never realised that for 1.8 million you were expecting a striker that never misses. Ever.

I've seen even the best strikers in the world missing sitters for fuck sake. 

Stop being silly and exagerrating for your own benefit. You're impressing no-one, trying to be smart.

What's he scored, three goals this season? He's awful. We, myself included, got behind him at the beginning because he worked hard and we appreciate that, but he's simply not good enough.

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

So he won't miss so many chances if he has somebody next to him ?

I know you're being sarcastic but it's quite possible that could be the case.

We don't know what playing as a lone striker is doing to his confidence when he's so used to playing with a partner.

He is starting to look as if he is not keen in getting into scoring positions in case he misses. Its either that or he is really, really bad at getting himself into good positions. That last effort where he ran in on goal, stopped a wee bit, and then just decided to lash it straight at the keep but got no real power, made him look absolutely clueless.

I was right with my previous thread on him. He is pish.

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I know you're being sarcastic but it's quite possible that could be the case.

We don't know what playing as a lone striker is doing to his confidence when he's so used to playing with a partner.

I was like everybody else on here at the start , he looked as though he had something about him and got stuck in and gave 100% which will always go down well with the fans. Seen enough now to know he's like all Warburtons signings..........

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

He's got a point tbf. Don't get me wrong, Garner has wasted too many chances at this point but he'd be better in a 4-4-2 rather than a glorified 4-5-1. 

Maybe he would be better, maybe he wouldn't; no-one knows.

Regardless, he's missed far too many chances for me and offered little in return for his £1.8M transfer fee. As I said, he was in an excellent position inside the box on Saturday and he didn't even get a shot away, ending-up on his hands and knees.

5 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Sorry. I was struggling with your highly intellectual response of asking me if I'm Joe Garner.

What a bellend :lol:

Contrary to what you seem to believe, it wasn't a genuine question, more of a condescending attempt to make sense of your hypothetical defence of a shite striker.

3 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Stop being silly and exagerrating for your own benefit. You're impressing no-one, trying to be smart.

What's he scored, three goals this season? He's awful. We, myself included, got behind him at the beginning because he worked hard and we appreciate that, but he's simply not good enough.

I'm not being silly or exagerrating anything, I'm stating facts. You seem to really struggled with people disagreeing with your posts.

Maybe the Internet isn't for you?

Joe garner.. not good enough I'm afraid.. passes up most opportunities to score simply by being a poor finisher. Fair enough he scored a few goals in a season a few years ago but that is no reason to buy him. If he was a regular scorer for a few years then I'd say the system is to partly blame but he just looks a rubbish player. 

Be good in a royal rumble right enough