Garner

Boybluesy

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I'm not being silly or exagerrating anything, I'm stating facts. You seem to really struggled with people disagreeing with your posts.

Maybe the Internet isn't for you?

What on earth are you talking about? :lol: Your post suggested that for £1.8M, I expected a striker who never, ever missed chances. That is an exaggeration.

You didn't even disagree, you told me you had seen the best strikers in the world miss sitters. Your problem is failing to understand your own posts, not me struggling to accept disagreements.

Shite patter at the end. The Star Wars comment someone else made makes sense now.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think he is awful, he just doesny suit the system, when we bought him i looked him up, seemed a right number 9 fox in the box type. If we played quick one/two touch football moved the ball up the park quickly and got balls into the box i think he would get goals. at present we fuck about for around ten minutes passing it around and then a cross is punted in and we expect him and only him to get on the end of it. our style of play does not suit him at all, he feeds of chances and direct play. We create A LOT of half arsed chances thats about it. he is the type of striker who will get tap ins and score from crosses and that final killer ball. if we played with a bit of speed and encouraged players to RUN WITH THE BALL and actually have a shot he would score. the system we currently have demands almost like a false 9...which he is not, he is a striker and thats it. i just wonder why MW (OVERPAID) for him when he knew what he was getting. One of our biggest problems (to me) is MW wants all our players to be jack of all trades, masters of none. if you were playing say Joe, Barry and Waggy up top. I would say, barrie turn and run at defenders commit them and create space for joe, and midfielders to run into. Joe stay in the box, always look to shoot dont bother passing. Waggy run at players and shoot with your left or cross and Joe can possibly pick up the scraps. He just wants them all to pass it about, slow it down and then what... try and have our striker win a ball in the air against 6 opponents in the box???? tell the boys to do what they do well. That big toral, he has great feet and is a strong lad, but to me it looks like he is encouraged to pass, he should run will the ball get round defenders create space. but he doesny. we are essentially playing like a poor mans Arsenal

He is not the first and he won't be the last striker brought from another league to the old firm and failed to score.

We could change the system and he would score bucket loads but I have my doubts.

I think he is like Waghorn now.....not suited to this club or level

11 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

What on earth are you talking about? :lol: Your post suggested that for £1.8M, I expected a striker who never, ever missed chances. That is an exaggeration.

You didn't even disagree, you told me you had seen the best strikers in the world miss sitters. Your problem is failing to understand your own posts, not me struggling to accept disagreements.

Shite patter at the end. The Star Wars comment someone else made makes sense now.

You said that regardless of how many partners he has it won't change the fact that he misses simple chances. Of course I didn't disagree with it because, as I said, I've seen even the best in the world missing simple chances. It doesn't mean they're bad players.

He's quite clearly playing in a system that doesn't suit him. I've said this and other posters have agreed but you seem to struggle with that concept because you have your opinion and everyone else is wrong.

If he can't play in our system then he shouldn't be here but it's not his fault he was signed and not his fault he gets picked to play either. It certainly doesn't mean he's a bad striker though. 

As for the shite patter. Simple calling it as I see it, you get very defensive when someone disagrees with you. It's sad.

12 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Contrary to what you seem to believe, it wasn't a genuine question, more of a condescending attempt to make sense of your hypothetical defence of a shite striker.

I was being sarcastic. Given that you came at me with your condescending question and then called me childish for responding in a similar manner.

Deary me.

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

You said that regardless of how many partners he has it won't change the fact that he misses simple chances. Of course I didn't disagree with it because, as I said, I've seen even the best in the world missing simple chances. It doesn't mean they're bad players.

He's quite clearly playing in a system that doesn't suit him. I've said this and other posters have agreed but you seem to struggle with that concept because you have your opinion and everyone else is wrong.

If he can't play in our system then he shouldn't be here but it's not his fault he was signed and not his fault he gets picked to play either. It certainly doesn't mean he's a bad striker though. 

As for the shite patter. Simple calling it as I see it, you get very defensive when someone disagrees with with you. It's sad.

You're boring.

You stated that I struggled with people disagreeing with me, then admitted that you didn't disagree with me. Mentalist. Was that just a random, off-the-cuff comment, then?

I also find people who, mid-debate, make comments like "why are you getting angry" and "you're being very defensive" strange and irritating.

3 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

You're boring.

You stated that I struggled with people disagreeing with me, then admitted that you didn't disagree with me. Mentalist. Was that just a random, off-the-cuff comment, then?

I also find people who, mid-debate, make comments like "why are you getting angry" and "you're being very defensive" strange and irritating.

I disagree that he's shite.

I didn't disagree that he misses chances.

Hope this helps x

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why do people keep quoting this 1.8mill for garner, thought at least half of it was if certain targets were hit, which i doubt we are close to achieving 

With agent fees, sign on fee and Wages won't be far off its been expensive transfer.

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

I was like everybody else on here at the start , he looked as though he had something about him and got stuck in and gave 100% which will always go down well with the fans. Seen enough now to know he's like all Warburtons signings..........

He is like all Warburton signings? Nice complete generalisation.  :lol:

Yes, there are a lot of failures in MWs signings, but most are for different reasons and some have been successful. 

I genuinely think there are two modes here : excellent and pish. Nothing in between. 

Personally I'd add the 'shit' and 'meh' categories too in order to give ourselves a bit of granularity. Call me bonkers.......

54 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why do people keep quoting this 1.8mill for garner, thought at least half of it was if certain targets were hit, which i doubt we are close to achieving 

I've heard from a couple of people that the transfer fee is actually closer to 500k and the rest is wages over the course of his deal.

Not that I buy into any of this ITK nonsense. Just thought I'd share.

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

It's still not the strangest insult I've seen being thrown about on this forum though.

I've had my fair share today because of my opinion on calderwood :whistle:

Who gives a fuck though, it's difference of opinion that makes all of this interesting.

Care to elaborate on the strangest insult? 

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I've had my fair share today because of my opinion on calderwood :whistle:

Who gives a fuck though, it's difference of opinion that makes all of this interesting.

Care to elaborate on the strangest insult? 

Aye it's strange that people get so uptight over a difference of opinion on a forum. Personally I wouldn't have Calderwood though but I've no idea who I would actually want brought in tbh.

There's almost too many to mention mate. Some strange folk on here at times :lol:

I really hope Garner comes good. Maybe it is partly the system. When he is in the team we are able to play it longer more often because he rarely doesn't win the headers and will always challenge for them.

When he got injured against Celtic we missed that option and were forced to pass it short. When that happens we are closed down and panic.

Hope he does come good.

Just now, Marky. said:

I really hope Garner comes good. Maybe it is partly the system. When he is in the team we are able to play it longer more often because he rarely doesn't win the headers and will always challenge for them.

When he got injured against Celtic we missed that option and were forced to pass it short. When that happens we are closed down and panic.

Hope he does come good.

Spot on, I have absolutely no doubt it is the shite system and role he's been given. Because he's seen himself not scoring it's now fucked his confidence. That type of player is calling out for an old fashioned 4-4-2 with good wingers.

3 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Spot on, I have absolutely no doubt it is the shite system and role he's been given. Because he's seen himself not scoring it's now fucked his confidence. That type of player is calling out for an old fashioned 4-4-2 with good wingers.

Came close when Wallace got a great ball into him. Needs a goal to kickstart that confidence because when he received the ball and just needed to stride with it into the box he slowed down and hesitated to look for support. A striker with confidence would have taken that on himself.

Just now, Marky. said:

Came close when Wallace got a great ball into him. Needs a goal to kickstart that confidence because when he received the ball and just needed to stride with it into the box he slowed down and hesitated to look for support. A striker with confidence would have taken that on himself.

Agreed, but again I don't like Wallace getting that far up the park, it should be McKay sending those balls in not him. It's why our defense is so fucked most of the time.

2 minutes ago, insider said:

I'd never heard of Garner until he signed for us and I don't think I'll hear of him again when he leaves.

He does have something about him but whatever it is, it's not enough.

Yup. He wasn't a consistent 20-25 goal a season striker before we signed him and he wont be either.

He's a target man who will rough up the defenders and maybe get a few headers but other than that he offers very little.

Workhorse...a near £2 million quid workhorse.