Rangers U20 @ Hibs

craigyrfc11

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Good result, but that league table makes for grim reading.

Capture.PNG

Looks like scoring goals is a problem at that level as well. Am I right in saying the u20s are using the same formation as the first team? If that's the case then the formation is surely not right for the game up here

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Looks like scoring goals is a problem at that level as well. Am I right in saying the u20s are using the same formation as the first team? If that's the case then the formation is surely not right for the game up here

they are aye, MW said that he would get all teams at all levels playing the same shape as the first team.

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I know when Warburton first arrived he instructed coaches at all levels to play 4-3-3.  I'm not sure if that is still the case though.

Guest Lloyd72
12 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

You seem surprised?

Just surprised that the referee's bias against us runs all the way through to the under 20s football.

9 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

they are aye, MW said that he would get all teams at all levels playing the same shape as the first team.

I thought that,like a Barcelona or ajax type where the players coming through are already used to the system. That's fine in Spain but the game here is so different

16 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

It's not really the formation that's the problem it's the coaching and execution of it.

1 minute ago, jackrfc95 said:

Wilson 'strolled it' apparently. 

Good, to be expected at that level I suppose. Hopefully he can stay fit between now and the end of the season, knocks Kiernan even further down the pecking order.

6 minutes ago, Gillete said:

Most of those squads are playing 19 20 yr olds 

we are going in with boys 16 17 yrs old. 

Fuck the results , it's about getting them ready for the first team

That's all very well but saying fuck the results then expecting these boys to go into the first team where they must win every game won't work IMO. 

Need to instill a mentality of winning every game at all levels. 

17 minutes ago, MasterD said:

It's not really the formation that's the problem it's the coaching and execution of it.

There is that I guess but is it as much a case of round pegs in square holes? Look at the first team. We have no DM but the manager (down to coaching) insists on the same formation that requires a DM instead of playing to the strength of the players

15 minutes ago, Gillete said:

Most of those squads are playing 19 20 yr olds 

we are going in with boys 16 17 yrs old. 

Fuck the results , it's about getting them ready for the first team

Aye but we are pure garbage at U20s anaw. :duh:

:lol:

It is bad enough some folk demanding immediate success on a small budget in the SPFL. Now people are using the development leagues as a  way to have a go at the first team and manager.

We are never, ever going to produce better footballers if the persistent attitude on here doesn't change. 

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

According to the guy who tweets from the game it all kicked off.. he said "we've even got a sevco´er now". Dont know if he was referring to a player or spectator.

It was a punter. When Gilmour got sent off he said 'Let's gets tore into these Sevco bastards' I was pishing myself. (BTW the guy who tweets is me)

28 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Good result. Hibs seem a a decent team at that level. Good run out for Dodoo, HF and Wilson too. 

Fucks wee Gilmour doing snapping cunts tho :lol: he's about 4ft nothing. Good on ye wee man

Wee fella isn't shy of a tackle tbh. Up challenging for headers with boys about 6ft tall too