Mark Warburton claims Rangers dismal form is just random

Smile

32 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

So I've heard but it's also guesswork we've had top players that's chose us in the past with no CL football 

irrelevant anyway as we weren't in for him so we will never know if he might have picked us

people still under estimate our draw and it pains me pointing it out ... we can still draw provided we act now 

literally now and make the right choices again or else we won't come back - seriously believe that 

He would never have chose us, if we offered 30k which no chance we would have but even if we did, celtic would just offer more, and they have the CL for him to show  what he can do and ultimately get a move to a big club down south which was always going to be the end game with him

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, martin93 said:

He would never have chose us, if we offered 30k which no chance we would have but even if we did, celtic would just offer more, and they have the CL for him to show  what he can do and ultimately get a move to a big club down south which was always going to be the end game with him

You his agent? 

I'm not saying he would but I'm not saying with the same certainly he wouldn't either. 

To be fair to MW his signings in the summer indicated that he had identified areas in the team that required fixing by bringing in seasoned pros to the central defence, in midfield he brought in  Barton who looked to be the ideal player to play the holding role, Kranjcar should have had the creativity to unlock defences and upfront Garner offered a physical presence in attack and adding to that he brought in younger players that looked to have  potential in  windass, Crooks, Rositer and Dodoo but as we are all too aware the signings with possibly the exception of Clint Hill have proved to be disaterous for one reason or another. I'm sure MW is also fully aware of this but he's never going to hammer his signings in public. Now he's offering up poor excuses that do himself no favours and won't cut with the fans.

1 hour ago, martin93 said:

This guy is an utter fruit loop who fooled us all into thinking he was intellegint, never thought I'd say this but his excsues make mccoists seem reasonable and that is saying something. Never heard anything like it

KXX29i0.jpg

7 hours ago, jcb said:

You should speak to bears who watched us finish 3,3,4,4,4&5 from 80/81-85/86.

Not referring to you but too many spoilt brats among our support who think success is a given no matter how we achieve it.    

I watched all of that, but my eyes still work and this manager is taking us nowhere,

Hearts pulled in 9 guys from all over for no money at all in January, they have only just met but played like a team and battered us, our squad is a mess at the minute with very few deserving the jersey.

17 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I watched all of that, but my eyes still work and this manager is taking us nowhere,

Hearts pulled in 9 guys from all over for no money at all in January, they have only just met but played like a team and battered us, our squad is a mess at the minute with very few deserving the jersey.

You do know only 3 of the gus signed in January by hearts started against us don't you? They didn't have 9 players making debuts!!!

The stats that matter are goals scored and goals conceded. The fact that those stats are not consistently the correct way round is not random. 

It's a function of the variables the manager puts into his football equation. 

The fact he keeps running the same equation and expects a different answer shows he's stark raving bonkers. 

Change the formula Mark! 

MW's appliance of stats and a business probability theory model falls down at the very last hurdle. Yes the stats are significant, but on a football pitch grit and determination are the most important factors, the bloody mindedness to required to fight for a win.  I.e. the Human Factor. Trying to apply computer type algorithms to a football match, shows a short sightedness which is revealed by a failure to adapt formations, and a lack of appreciation for the tactical situation on any one day or given moment. Unfortunately this is also why are opponents can now read us like a book. We are "mathematically predictable" even to the time at which are substitutions are going to be made. This is why the great teams have great players. Players through a flash of genius or inspiration can change games in a moment. Why great Managers can drastically change the plan when it is clear it is failing. 

I understand what Warburton is saying and why. But all it is doing is revealing what is now clear- he is not a Football Manager, but more  a Football Analyst.

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

This will be the Hearts who are 6 points behind us despite our problems.

Not so long ago Cathro was under pressure which was also madness.

Too many fans demand instant success regardless of other circumstances. 

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

You his agent? 

I'm not saying he would but I'm not saying with the same certainly he wouldn't either. 

Celtic could offer him Champions League football.

Celtic could offer him the chance to play under a respected EPL manager.

Celtic could pay him 30kplus per week.

Celtic could offer him a route to a big money move to the premiership given previous successes in doing this.

What exactly can we offer right now?.

58 minutes ago, dan_ger said:

The stats that matter are goals scored and goals conceded. The fact that those stats are not consistently the correct way round is not random. 

It's a function of the variables the manager puts into his football equation. 

The fact he keeps running the same equation and expects a different answer shows he's stark raving bonkers. 

Change the formula Mark! 

Spot on

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Well aye cause it won the league. What's your point caller? 

It is the same win ratio that is now "dire" and means MW is "never a manager". We are judging MW on their form.  If MW had the exact same points total and performances but was top of the league, we would be praising him. Now that is random - it is factors beyond his control.

If they had had a run in 93-94 like they have had this season, would it mean WS was " never a number 1" and "should stick to being an assistant"

Just now, Blue_Devil said:

It is the same win ratio that is now "dire" and means MW is "never a manager". We are judging MW on their form.  If MW had the exact same points total and performances but was top of the league, we would be praising him. Now that is random - it is factors beyond his control.

If they had had a run in 93-94 like they have had this season, would it mean WS was " never a number 1" and "should stick to being an assistant"

You're talking over 20 years ago. 

Football has changed. The reality is MW is not top of the league and has already lost 5 league games this season. He's drew 7

By law of averages we go on to lose 10 league games and draw 14. Might have won you the league in 94, the difference being cellic were awful and we never got beat badly. That's happened more than enough this season. 

There is no signs of progress or being highly competitive either and coming out with this nonsense shows the job is too big for him. 

8 minutes ago, jcb said:

Celtic could offer him Champions League football.

Celtic could offer him the chance to play under a respected EPL manager.

Celtic could pay him 30kplus per week.

Celtic could offer him a route to a big money move to the premiership given previous successes in doing this.

What exactly can we offer right now?.

I've addressed everything there in my other comments 

Numan and Van Bronckhorst were the two best players in Holland and we enticed them about 15 years ago with no Champions League football, a new manager and a squad of about 5 mediocre players after the 9 in a row team all left 

money enticed them but if we could afford to give Barton 25k a week we could afford another 5 for Dembele... remove Dodoo and your even gaining wage wise 

it's piss easy if you have half a brain 

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I've addressed everything there in my other comments 

Numan and Van Bronckhorst were the two best players in Holland and we enticed them about 15 years ago with no Champions League football, a new manager and a squad of about 5 mediocre players after the 9 in a row team all left 

money enticed them but if we could afford to give Barton 25k a week we could afford another 5 for Dembele... remove Dodoo and your even gaining wage wise 

it's piss easy if you have half a brain 

I'd rather not talk about the cunt but what's got to me ever since he signed was he was at Fulham. MW had been a London city trader and his whole managerial career has been based in London up until now, yet he still missed out on it. I'm not saying Dembele is a world beater but being linked with Spurs and then going for 500k in what is basically MWs backyard is quite alarming. We seem to exclusively sign players from the English leagues yet we missed out on this one.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

I'd rather not talk about the cunt but what's got to me ever since he signed was he was at Fulham. MW had been a London city trader and his whole managerial career has been based in London up until now, yet he still missed out on it. I'm not saying Dembele is a world beater but being linked with Spurs and then going for 500k in what is basically MWs backyard is quite alarming. We seem to exclusively sign players from the English leagues yet we missed out on this one.

Exactly 

people are missing the point saying Dembele wouldn't come how do they know and the issue isn't whether he could come or not it's our transfer policy that we don't make a move in the first place 

20 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

You're talking over 20 years ago. 

Football has changed. The reality is MW is not top of the league and has already lost 5 league games this season. He's drew 7

By law of averages we go on to lose 10 league games and draw 14. Might have won you the league in 94, the difference being cellic were awful and we never got beat badly. That's happened more than enough this season. 

There is no signs of progress or being highly competitive either and coming out with this nonsense shows the job is too big for him. 

For me it comes down to progress, not how close we get to Celtic this season. That is progress as a club, not just a first team.  MW and CM have restructured our club's approach to youth football and development.  We have already seen a huge improvement in BM, a player that couldn't get a game for Raith or Morton, but wider results take time. So he has tried to plug the gap with short term signings - old pros and loan deals. Until the development work grows roots and delivers 3,4,5,6 first team players.

It is painful, we all want that quick fix, but with the money in the EPL there will be no more Duncan Ferguson's. We need a new approach for a new era and it won't happen overnight.  We can get in a dinosaur manager to shore things up and be a solid club. Finish a more 'respectable' second for years to come. I would rather gamble on getting to the top again. MW is in the right mould and has a vision. In 2-3 years time we will have hungry young footballers that can execute the way he wants to play. In a flexible, ever changing manner. I choose to believe. I choose ambition. I choose to back MW.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Exactly 

people are missing the point saying Dembele wouldn't come how do they know and the issue isn't whether he could come or not it's our transfer policy that we don't make a move in the first place 

The little money we have had has been wasted IMO. You're talking what the best park of 250k on Barton's wages for 10 weeks? etc etc. 

We take Dembele and whore him out for £20mill and get £10mill you're almost back to a decent financial position if you get in a few 2mill pound players and sell one or two on for another 10 mill it becomes a continous cycle and the "random" thing is we have one scout, who by all accounts sounds like some sort of used car dealer. I also heard Garner wasn't able to sign until he picked up one of FMcP pals as his agent ffs. It seems were going round in circles all the time.

Probably way OT but I suppose it's relevant when he's coming out with football is random pish.

The league cup game where cellic beat us 1-0, is that random? Was it fuck the only thing stopping it being 6 was the keeper and it's been the same in the 3 games we've played them this season.

1 minute ago, Blue_Devil said:

For me it comes down to progress, not how close we get to Celtic this season. And that is progress as a club.  MW and CM have restructured our club's approach to youth football and development.  We have already seen a huge improvement in BM, a player that couldn't get a game for Raith or Morton, but wider results take time. So he has tried to plug the gap with short term signings - old pros and loan deals. Until the development work grows roots and delivers 3,4,5,6 first team players.

It is painful, we all want that quick fix, but with the money in the EPL there will be no more Duncan Ferguson's. We need a new approach for a new era and it won't happen overnight.  We can get in a dinosaur manager to shore things up and be a solid club. Finish a more 'respectable' second for years to come. I would rather gamble on getting to the top again. MW is in the right mould and has a vision. In 2-3 years time we will have hungry young footballers that can execute they way he wants to play. In a flexible, ever changing manner. I choose to believe. I choose ambition. I choose to back MW.

I have no doubt the restructuring of the youth is a good thing. The last good youth product we had was Barry Ferguson, so I'd hope thousands of other fans aren't going to sit around for the next 3 years and pray 5 of them come through at the same time, cause it ain't gona happen.

Regardless of all the we don't care about cellic etc etc Rangers are judged on how they match up to cellic and it'll always be the case. Being 25+ behind is embarrassing to Rangers as a club, that is not progress. MW spoke of being highly competitive this year... in what sense is finishing 30+ behind cellic and basically letting them sleepwalk to a treble highly competitive?

Fuck finishing a respectable second. That's absolute nonsense. 

Your whole argument basically says to me, let the tarriers win the next 2 or 3 and we can pray we get 5 good youth players to develop and stop them winning 9 or 10.

The reality is- get in a better manager than Rodgers, give that manager a decent level of investment and win the league ASAP.

1 hour ago, GeeSS said:

You do know only 3 of the gus signed in January by hearts started against us don't you? They didn't have 9 players making debuts!!!

My point is they were bang up to speed instantly, I never said 9 debuted, we are disjointed and all over the place.

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I've just re-read this Dembele didn't have his pick of clubs that I seen the only one I remember is Tottenham not following through with a deal about a year before 

I hate hearing the phrase hindsight is a wonderful thing it's not needed as every single one of the signings were questioned at the time by anyone with a brain. 

Its not all about Dembele tho I suppose as the taigs got a gem it happens but there's no reason why instead of getting 3 bits of shite in the door we can't just once go for a special target that will outright enhance our XI 

No one, including me actually knows if he did have the pick of clubs but he was heavily linked with a good few premier league clubs including Arsenal. Obviously a lot could just be paper talk.

The general consensus on here before a ball was kicked was that our summer business was pretty good. The only real issues everyone voiced were lack of a decent centre back, signing Senderos and signing Garner. A couple had concerns about  Barton being a fud and Kranjcar's injury history all in all everyone was generally happy. If you're claiming you questioned every single one of our signings then I'm not going to argue with it.

I think Barton was meant to be that player, he was our number 1 target for the summer. Recruitment has been Warburtons downfall though and that's why we find ourselves where we are.