New Manager Suggestions

MacBoyd

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We need to beat Celtic on a budget and a proven way to do that is direct football and physicality.  We can't expect to play the same formation and tactics as Celtic and win.  Celtic's financial position will allow them to sign better footballers in every window so forget the fancy stuff.  We need to create a big, powerful, and aggressive side who can batter teams and win consistently in this league.  Bring me a manager who can do that.  

7 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Don't get the clamour for him at all. A sideways step at best.

How can it be. He's achieving virtually the same as MW with a quarter of the funding. A quarter of the fans and (on paper minus Hayes) a quarter of the squad ability wise

why are some folk wanting ex players in?

weir was passoinate, 

weir was a rangers man

weir              was               shite

mccoist??!?!?!?

durrant?!?!?!?!?

come on, it just doesn't work!

mccann i might love as a player and as a media guy, do i want him as a coach or manager?

nope

On 06/02/2017 at 9:13 PM, Prso's headband said:

We absolutely should be aiming higher than a manager like Rodgers, even if it cuts into our transfer budget. 

We should be linked with managers like Prandelli, Schaaf and Marcelo Biesla. 

We'll probably be linked with Gary Rowett, Lee Johnson and Mike Phelan.

We'll end up, sadly, with McInnes, Davies or Tommy Wright

Rowett would be a shout. None of the philosophy pish just results 

Miller is also a shout. He's got a footballing brain, he's thick skinned and is a winner. He doesn't settle for second best. It would be similar to when the bheasts hired an ex player/trouble maker/traitor (who shall remain nameless) he turned a shite side around overnight - they were still shite but they didn't drop points. This whole philosophy, total football pish needs to stop. We need wins. Miller (probably), mcinnes, rowett would bring that.

1 minute ago, Hutton2008 said:

Miller is also a shout. He's got a footballing brain, he's thick skinned and is a winner. He doesn't settle for second best. It would be similar to when the bheasts hired an ex player/trouble maker/traitor (who shall remain nameless) he turned a shite side around overnight - they were still shite but they didn't drop points. This whole philosophy, total football pish needs to stop. We need wins. Miller (probably), mcinnes, rowett would bring that.

what teams has miller managed?

13 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

A bit like Ally then?.

Aye lets abandon any long term strategy and go for the quick fix.   

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

what teams has miller managed?

What teams had pep, ginger bheast, conte, Enrique, zidane, souness etc managed before managing their clubs. Players who had brains and passion for their clubs stepped up and had success. None of this 1-1 at home to ross county is ok pish we have now

8 hours ago, Hutton2008 said:

Rowett would be a shout. None of the philosophy pish just results 

He does have a philosophy. 

Solid defence, sit back and soak up pressure waiting for the opening then counter. Similar to Leicester last season and Atletico.

13 hours ago, JamesRFC__ said:

I agree that their budgets and the ability to sign and manage better players is obviously more appealing than what they'll get down here. However we do have certain benefits down here that are also appealing and some of these benefits they won't get at this stage of their career. Europe is obviously the big one. None of them will get close to that down in England especially with how good the top 7 are at the moment. The Europa League is pretty much a guarantee but I'd imagine they'd be confident of winning our league and a Champions League spot beckoning for them would obviously excite any manager. Trophies are another one and the amount they could win in a couple of seasons here is a lot more than they'd manage down there. I'm not saying a treble by any means up here is easy but it's certainly a lot more achievable than it is down there. There's only really one team that should (all things being well and good on our end) have the potential to stop it unlike the 10+ down there. Rangers as a club is the one I'll finish on. Everybody around the world who has at least some knowledge of football will know us and our prestige in the game. Obviously I'm extremely biased in what I'm about to say but I think it's a fact just like the sky is blue and the grass is green. Take out the standard of league and put us next to Leeds, Huddersfield or Hull and we'll smoke them out the water in terms of our size in the game. Yes they'll sacrifice league stature but they'll also open opportunities up to themselves that they might not experience as a manager in their current situations. 

I don't agree though with how much of an attractive prospect we are. Yes to us who've followed the club all our lives can notice the differences from back then until now but these managers (and more) won't have that same feeling unless they followed us religiously growing up. We still offer 50k+ fans on a Saturday, we still offer more passion than they'll get from most clubs and we still offer the things that I mentioned above. Yes our situation is dire but we won't be like this forever and neither will they. We all know how much can change from one season to the other if you get things right. 

I agree with the ability to win trophies in our league should be easier than down south - unless a particular manager has a connection with our great club....9 out 10 times money is what counts.