New Manager Suggestions

MacBoyd

1 hour ago, bluchoo said:

Its the same rubbish on all threads...

People cant grasp the fact we are skint...in terms of history we are unmatched but currently we are the equivellant if a League One/Lower Championship team in England...is De Boer or anyone of that calibre going to go near  us...no

Same as RVP, Berahino and Scot Hogan were never going to sign

Time folk got there heads out the clouds

Thats why Billy Davies will get the job. No fee, available and actually couldn't do much worse

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We need to beat Celtic on a budget and a proven way to do that is direct football and physicality.  We can't expect to play the same formation and tactics as Celtic and win.  Celtic's financial position will allow them to sign better footballers in every window so forget the fancy stuff.  We need to create a big, powerful, and aggressive side who can batter teams and win consistently in this league.  Bring me a manager who can do that.  

That's why I'd rather mciness than deboer as strange as it sounds.

1 hour ago, philiprfc said:

I reckon it'll be Barry.

I don't think Billy Davies is a bad shout, had a bad time in his last role but the chairman he was working with was a fucking nutter and it looked like a screwjob. Players who have played under him like Boyd all rate him very highly, think Boyd said he was the best he'd worked under.

What's safe to say imo is it won't be an ambitious punt like Rodgers was for them. 

Davies fucked it for himself at Forrest the second time around by being a complete mentalist.

Theres a reason he hasn't had a job since and it isn't because a madcap owner stitched him up.

I'd be furious if he ended up getting the job.

Thomas Schaaf, Huub Stevens & Michael Preud'homme would be my shortlist.

All managers who have years of  experience, all managers who have good experience of managing teams in Europe and all of them are managers who have won trophies and honours.

If we couldn't get any of them and we go down the route of a more wily, veteran manager who might play a more Walter Smith type of football in the sense that it's organised and direct without being spectacular then I think both Roy Hodgson & John Toschak would fit the bill perfectly, even if neither of them are box office or exciting names.

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Thomas Schaaf, Huub Stevens & Michael Preud'homme would be my shortlist.

All managers who have years of  experience, all managers who have good experience of managing teams in Europe and all of them are managers who have won trophies and honours.

If we couldn't get any of them and we go down the route of a more wily, veteran manager who might play a more Walter Smith type of football in the sense that it's organised and direct without being spectacular then I think both Roy Hodgson & John Toschak would fit the bill perfectly, even if neither of them are box office or exciting names.

Never thought of him, think he'd be a good shout actually.

The fact of the matter is the board want someone who will buy players cheap and sell them for a profit. For one reason or another it hasn't worked yet for Warburton. 

I don't expect there to suddenly be huge amounts of money. If there is to be a change it won't be an amazing manager with loads of cash to spend. And if we don't have the cash it doesn't matter that much who we get in short term.

Normally wouldn't entertain this type of discussion but I only want someone of the same caliber as Brenda. With good links in over seas markets and pulling power. Most mentioned wouldn't fit the bill. Also needs to have knowledge of Scottish football today and know how to win at venues where we get kicked off the park 

Bring back big dick

8 minutes ago, Marky. said:

He'd been their best defender having only played half a season, no wonder really.

Perhaps a shame they didn't get him.

Considering Rowett's style of play i'm willing to bet that Kiernan wasn't encouraged to overplay from the back and he wasn't part of a defence that contained full backs that played like wingers and had no real holding midfielder screening in front of the defence.

Devil's advocate but I don't believe any Rangers manager has ever been sacked in the history of our club and all this talk of scouring the continent for young talent could well come a cropper with Brexit so any long term plan people are dreaming up is uncertaint.  A manager with a knowledge of the English lower leagues may be as good as it gets from a risk mitigation perspective.

11 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Considering Rowett's style of play i'm willing to bet that Kiernan wasn't encouraged to overplay from the back and he wasn't part of a defence that contained full backs that played like wingers and had no real holding midfielder screening in front of the defence.

I remember him being really highly rated at Wigan too. He played a few games here and there and then when they let him go on loan they were relegated. Can't imagine he will have had to stretch back towards the 18 yard box to receive the ball from the keeper too often.

I don't think there's any point speculating or making a wish-list yet because I don't see things changing, but Rowett would at least be able to get the best out of his players, and that has been proved with Kiernan.

MW has tried with no real money to spend, he was promised funds to be competitive first year back in the premiership. He got 2/5ths of fuck all.

Regardless of the dross he did sign, what makes anyone think that any top manager would come to Rangers, knowing the lies the mendacious one has spun.

Would anyone, without an ironclad guarantee you would have funds available. Until we get rid of DK and his band of merry men and get an owner who will spend enough money on a manager and back him with funds. MW is going nowhere.

5 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

i was asking for your reasoning, nothing else

i also stated in the interim

eg until the end of the season

what caliber of manager do you expect to manage that shite without a transfer window to add their own players?

I know were not in a great place.i just feel calderwood is not rangers class.think we need possibily sumone with rangers in them just to get the best out the players cos a do think there could be more talent in there than what we re seeing

I do agree though that the calibre that we want or expect at a great club like ours , we will really struggle to get

7 hours ago, bluenose48 said:

MW has tried with no real money to spend, he was promised funds to be competitive first year back in the premiership. He got 2/5ths of fuck all.

Regardless of the dross he did sign, what makes anyone think that any top manager would come to Rangers, knowing the lies the mendacious one has spun.

Would anyone, without an ironclad guarantee you would have funds available. Until we get rid of DK and his band of merry men and get an owner who will spend enough money on a manager and back him with funds. MW is going nowhere.

How much did hearts spend in the January window to bring in nine new players that fucking humped us rotten, some of they players are experienced internationals ? MW had more than enough backing for a second place finish but has filled our team with English lower league shite.  

Not spending enough to challenge the filth you can blame king and the board, to be struggling for second place, the embarrassing result and performance against a team thrown together in a week or falling to bet the mighty ross county in three attempts the blame sits firmly with our manager.

9 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Why Ferguson?

As a player he was just a moany little bastard, hardly inspiring for the players round about him. I really do not know how he'd become a good manager by any stretch of the imagination.

Great player, but that's about it in my opinion.

Wouldnt be my choice but as a Rangers man it ups his profile. As has been said before, we dont have the budget to bring in a named manager that will get the fans excited.