What's the beef with king

BroomloanBear

18 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He has failed, coming on board on a wave of lies and deceit that eroded shareholder value and has lied ever since. He is a convicted corporate felon as he admitted to in pleading guilty by his own word. Crook, fraudster, criminal. Mendacious, glib and shameless liar. Guilty as charged your honour. No doubt the SARS judge was a taig then?

I was talking about Warburton and the new manager. Only the bits I highlighted in the ops post. Take another look

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Fred H Crawford said:

He's a lying convicted crook , with debatable business practices . Not the type of person we should have in a position of influence at Ibrox .

Some are so far up his arsehole though that none of the above matters .

so you would prefer Ashley and his bunch of money grabbing cunts  :duh::confused:

44 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Former Rangers director Dave King has said sorry to Scottish football for the EBT scandal which has plunged the game into civil war.

On a day when a Walter Smith-led takeover consortium pulled out of a £6million bid to buy the club, King expressed concern over a perceived lack of humility and acceptance of wrongdoing from the club’s powerbrokers.

A First Tier Tribunal into the ‘big tax case’ involving the old club’s use of Employee Benefit Trust schemes has yet to deliver a verdict. Speaking after the SPL ruled that Rangers had a case to answer over the alleged use of dual contracts, however, King offered the first concession from an Ibrox figurehead that the club may have gained a competitive advantage over their rivals.

‘I think we should be sorry - and I certainly am sorry,’ King told Sportsmail. ‘We owe both the Rangers fans and the Scottish footballing public an apology.

‘Some of the representations made have betrayed more of a victim status. But I think somebody needs to apologise.

‘Clearly, that is not for Charles Green to do. But I am happy to say that I really believe we should be saying sorry and I think there is something to be sorry about.

‘And as a former director when these things were going on, I am minded to do so.

‘With regard to EBTs, I was on the board so I have to take some responsibility.

‘And I follow the logic of the argument that if we lose the tax case then we probably gained some competitive advantage.

‘I believe that, on behalf of myself and most of the board members who were with me and probably agree with me, that we should apologise for that.

‘I know that the Murray Group might not say that, because it might be tantamount to admitting it.

‘But I am happy to say it as a director of the football club. And, having been there for the last couple of days, and getting a sense of the anger and anxiety, that it is absolutely appropriate for the previous regime to be sorry.’

Club chairmen will decide on July 4 if an Ibrox newco should be allowed to play in the top tier next season.

Even if the chairmen vote yes, however, SPL sources have warned that the club could still face expulsion if dual contracts were operated by a board of directors on which King was a member for 12 years.

Insisting there was no attempt to gain a deliberate competitive advantage from the use of a Murray group EBT, King added: ‘No one on the board, when I was there, would have had any intention of gaining an advantage.

‘But the fact is that I can understand the perception out there now.

‘And the way that Rangers have treated the authorities - instead of having a conversation with them around reparation - has been regrettable.

‘One of the things I would have looked at as part of a consortium in terms of funding is to try and fund them so that they could make some sort of commercial reparation to the other clubs.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2161850/Rangers-crisis-Dave-King-apologises.html#ixzz4YPKTeaET
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Now go ask King, if you can get your head out of his erse long enough!

King said all that just before other clubs decided to let us play in the top league,Can you guess why he was saying all that.

Why also would he have to make an apology ? The BTT isn't to determine if EBT's were illegal, It's simply to determine if those using them should have paid tax and here's another thing... The investigation by the SFA should never have gone ahead given it was still an ongoing court case and should have been set aside until a final decision was made,The SFA investigation led by a guy that employed Liewells daughter and has a hospitality box at Parkhead along with holding all his company's nights out was nothing more than a stitch up.

The unwashed have managers,players and CEO's involved in a huge tax scam and one of these so far has been decided by a court of law that it was indeed a tax avasion scheme which is also a criminal offence, Many more of these company's will follow suite in the coming months... Will you be as vocal about these as you are about King ? 

41 minutes ago, BroomloanBear said:

Warburton was a sly bastard. For a guy who's every second word was "respectful" he certainly didn't practice what he preached. Despite the shite results I was still backing the guy and wanting him to turn it around but he fucked it big time. Surprised and disappointed in Weirs overall contribution as well. Don't know the ins and outs at Brentford but that was a strange exit as well

Trough guzzlers the lot of them.

3 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

King said all that just before other clubs decided to let us play in the top league,Can you guess why he was saying all that.

Why also would he have to make an apology ? The BTT isn't to determine if EBT's were illegal, It's simply to determine if those using them should have paid tax and here's another thing... The investigation by the SFA should never have gone ahead given it was still an ongoing court case and should have been set aside until a final decision was made,The SFA investigation led by a guy that employed Liewells daughter and has a hospitality box at Parkhead along with holding all his company's nights out was nothing more than a stitch up.

The unwashed have managers,players and CEO's involved in a huge tax scam and one of these so far has been decided by a court of law that it was indeed a tax avasion scheme which is also a criminal offence, Many more of these company's will follow suite in the coming months... Will you be as vocal about these as you are about King ? 

Not the point and it matters not. The man in an opportunist and a crook, end of.

3 hours ago, MARK92GERS said:

Agree with some of this but tbh I actually think the team is more than capable of mounting a far better challenge than what we have been doing so far this season I reckon a change in tactics and different approach we may see better performances for the remainder of the season 

A manager with some bottle and tactical nowhow could give us.a huge boost. But who will we entice?

16 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Not the point and it matters not. The man in an opportunist and a crook, end of.

What were your views on Sandy Easdale the convicted VAT fraudster who was involved with the club along with his gangster brother who was a director ? Were you as vocal about them as you are about King. 

3 hours ago, gj923 said:

Someone can obviously look this up but he purchased just under 12 million shares at about 2.3M. My understanding is that 1872 have about 1-1.5m that they can purchase shares from. So buying that ensures control is not lost and suddenly it is a better investment without King then

Mmm not sure I'd say until Ashley is off the scene then we're going to struggle to attract any serious financial backing

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

And King isn't?!

The lobotomy has worked. Not that any of this has fuck all to do with Ashley.

You cannot these days, on RM, be critical of King and Mini without being cast as an Ashley acolyte.  I totally detest Ashley and do not want him near the club (sooner he is gone the better), but that in no way means I trust King.  So far he and Mini have been a disappointment.  

5 hours ago, Coop said:

Who signed Warburton and Weir?  My beef with King is he's a proven liar and as such I don't trust what he says to be the truth whether that be how much he's personally invested or the circumstances surrounding our ex/manager.

We could have moved Warburton on in the summer, amicably, and at no cost.  The way King has conducted this it looks like it'll drag through the courts costing us money.

Move warburton on in the summer?have you not been reading the reports about warburton for fuck sake

6 hours ago, Fred H Crawford said:

He's a lying convicted crook , with debatable business practices . Not the type of person we should have in a position of influence at Ibrox .

Some are so far up his arsehole though that none of the above matters .

Any potential investor googling King would run a fukkin mile.