What's the beef with king

BroomloanBear

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

King pleaded guilty to 41 criminal counts of contravening the South Africa Income Tax Act and agreed to pay a fine of 80,000 rand per criminal conviction or 3.28 million rand in total. As part of the deal to drop the other 281 criminal charges he faced, King also agreed that he would pay the Criminal Assets Recovery Account of the South African Authorities 8.75 million rand in compensation. King was originally indicted on 322 counts including fraud, tax evasion and evasion of exchange control regulations, as well as money-laundering and racketeering.

Oh yes, just what the doctor ordered and just what we need at the helm. Is it any fucking wonder we are in the state we are and the laughing stock of football? How standards have fallen indeed!

1 hour ago, BroomloanBear said:

What's the score with King being such a dick. Lets point one thing out here, There is fucking no one else that is willing to pump in the millions people are expecting. Secondly, have a look at the signings, Kiernon, Wilson, Barton, Rossiter, Niko, Garner, Senderos, Dodoo, o'hallaran ,Crooks and Windass. All fucking unqualified disasters in my book and why with this track record are you going to back that slimey rat cunt Warburton even more. This season has been fucked by pish signings and an inability to addresse key areas such as central defense, right back and Def midfield along with someone that knows where the back of the net is. Let's all start getting behind the next gaffer until they address this fucking mess and put us in a position where we look like a decent investment

Rant over

?????

3 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Rangers were accused of not paying tax on EBTs so you automatically believe Dr Heidi Poon when she was critical of Rangers in the FTT?

Dont be so gullible to think that everything a judge says is 100% gospel.

Sure, King's a corporate angel and doesn't tell lies.

Keep taking the med's ffs.

6 minutes ago, BroomloanBear said:

Right so he's got a black mark against his past. So whats your suggestion. Get him to fuck and bring in ....... ???. If your going to punt him at least suggest who's going to come in and do a better job whilst Ashley has our commercial deals by the bollocks. 

He could step down as Chairman and agree to sell his shares club 1872 at the price he paid for them. One of the current board members (not murray) could take over as interim chairman. Considering he has loaned the club 1-1.5 million and is rarely in the country he would not be missed. The shares would be in control of the fans.

8 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Rangers were accused of not paying tax on EBTs so you automatically believe Dr Heidi Poon when she was critical of Rangers in the FTT?

Comparing apples with oranges. DK admitted 41 charges. Rangers did nothing wrong and didn't plead guilty or do any deals. He admitted his tax returns were works of fiction. Rangers accounts detailed all payments.

Would you like to try again and defend the mendacious one, who flew in and out of Scotland without bothering to attend a game?

21 minutes ago, gj923 said:

He could step down as Chairman and agree to sell his shares club 1872 at the price he paid for them. One of the current board members (not murray) could take over as interim chairman. Considering he has loaned the club 1-1.5 million and is rarely in the country he would not be missed. The shares would be in control of the fans.

So assuming 1872 have the wonga to do this can u tell me how this is going to improve our financial position. If they had that sort of cash would it not be better to invest into the team rather than buying king out

2 hours ago, BroomloanBear said:

What's the score with King being such a dick. Lets point one thing out here, There is fucking no one else that is willing to pump in the millions people are expecting. Secondly, have a look at the signings, Kiernon, Wilson, Barton, Rossiter, Niko, Garner, Senderos, Dodoo, o'hallaran ,Crooks and Windass. All fucking unqualified disasters in my book and why with this track record are you going to back that slimey rat cunt Warburton even more. This season has been fucked by pish signings and an inability to addresse key areas such as central defense, right back and Def midfield along with someone that knows where the back of the net is. Let's all start getting behind the next gaffer until they address this fucking mess and put us in a position where we look like a decent investment

Rant over

Until he fails and then you can call him a "Slimy rat cunt" as well

1 hour ago, Coop said:

Who signed Warburton and Weir?  My beef with King is he's a proven liar and as such I don't trust what he says to be the truth whether that be how much he's personally invested or the circumstances surrounding our ex/manager.

We could have moved Warburton on in the summer, amicably, and at no cost.  The way King has conducted this it looks like it'll drag through the courts costing us money.

tell me how could we have moved them on in the summer at no cost  he had a contract if we let him go we have to pay up the contract do you think warburton was going to go amicably in the summer  you are living in cloud cuckoo land

you say about king being a liar yet warbs sat at a press conference yesterday and nothing was said about him trying to get out of his contract  we are well shot of him  rangers first

41 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

This has fuck all to do with King, but if memory serves me correctly mr mendacious did admit our guilt at the time and said he would pay reparations to other cubs. You want I post the article. It is embarrassing.

Now back to King...

King pleaded guilty to 41 criminal counts of contravening the South Africa Income Tax Act and agreed to pay a fine of 80,000 rand per criminal conviction or 3.28 million rand in total. As part of the deal to drop the other 281 criminal charges he faced, King also agreed that he would pay the Criminal Assets Recovery Account of the South African Authorities 8.75 million rand in compensation. King was originally indicted on 322 counts including fraud, tax evasion and evasion of exchange control regulations, as well as money-laundering and racketeering.

Now what part of criminal, crook, fraudster don't you get out of that and he did plead guilty after all.

You've obviously had the lobotomy.

15 minutes ago, BroomloanBear said:

So assuming 1872 have the wonga to do this can u tell me how this is going to improve our financial position. If they had that sort of cash would it not be better to invest into the team rather than buying king out

Someone can obviously look this up but he purchased just under 12 million shares at about 2.3M. My understanding is that 1872 have about 1-1.5m that they can purchase shares from. So buying that ensures control is not lost and suddenly it is a better investment without King then

51 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Former Rangers director Dave King has said sorry to Scottish football for the EBT scandal which has plunged the game into civil war.

On a day when a Walter Smith-led takeover consortium pulled out of a £6million bid to buy the club, King expressed concern over a perceived lack of humility and acceptance of wrongdoing from the club’s powerbrokers.

A First Tier Tribunal into the ‘big tax case’ involving the old club’s use of Employee Benefit Trust schemes has yet to deliver a verdict. Speaking after the SPL ruled that Rangers had a case to answer over the alleged use of dual contracts, however, King offered the first concession from an Ibrox figurehead that the club may have gained a competitive advantage over their rivals.

‘I think we should be sorry - and I certainly am sorry,’ King told Sportsmail. ‘We owe both the Rangers fans and the Scottish footballing public an apology.

‘Some of the representations made have betrayed more of a victim status. But I think somebody needs to apologise.

‘Clearly, that is not for Charles Green to do. But I am happy to say that I really believe we should be saying sorry and I think there is something to be sorry about.

‘And as a former director when these things were going on, I am minded to do so.

‘With regard to EBTs, I was on the board so I have to take some responsibility.

‘And I follow the logic of the argument that if we lose the tax case then we probably gained some competitive advantage.

‘I believe that, on behalf of myself and most of the board members who were with me and probably agree with me, that we should apologise for that.

‘I know that the Murray Group might not say that, because it might be tantamount to admitting it.

‘But I am happy to say it as a director of the football club. And, having been there for the last couple of days, and getting a sense of the anger and anxiety, that it is absolutely appropriate for the previous regime to be sorry.’

Club chairmen will decide on July 4 if an Ibrox newco should be allowed to play in the top tier next season.

Even if the chairmen vote yes, however, SPL sources have warned that the club could still face expulsion if dual contracts were operated by a board of directors on which King was a member for 12 years.

Insisting there was no attempt to gain a deliberate competitive advantage from the use of a Murray group EBT, King added: ‘No one on the board, when I was there, would have had any intention of gaining an advantage.

‘But the fact is that I can understand the perception out there now.

‘And the way that Rangers have treated the authorities - instead of having a conversation with them around reparation - has been regrettable.

‘One of the things I would have looked at as part of a consortium in terms of funding is to try and fund them so that they could make some sort of commercial reparation to the other clubs.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2161850/Rangers-crisis-Dave-King-apologises.html#ixzz4YPKTeaET
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Now go ask King, if you can get your head out of his erse long enough!

7 minutes ago, blueretro said:

He has failed, coming on board on a wave of lies and deceit that eroded shareholder value and has lied ever since. He is a convicted corporate felon as he admitted to in pleading guilty by his own word. Crook, fraudster, criminal. Mendacious, glib and shameless liar. Guilty as charged your honour. No doubt the SARS judge was a taig then?

53 minutes ago, gj923 said:

King has loaned the club just under 4 million :lol:

18 minutes ago, blueretro said:

Warburton was a sly bastard. For a guy who's every second word was "respectful" he certainly didn't practice what he preached. Despite the shite results I was still backing the guy and wanting him to turn it around but he fucked it big time. Surprised and disappointed in Weirs overall contribution as well. Don't know the ins and outs at Brentford but that was a strange exit as well

1 hour ago, BroomloanBear said:

When David Murray was in charge there was a 50 million pound tax case hanging over us. He's a businessman not an idiot. Secondly I'm not adverse to anyone else coming in but right now no cunt wants to touch us so untill such times as this changes then I'd rather the devil I know.

Why didn't he do his job while sitting on the board previously and pull Murray up. I'll tell you why, the cunt didn't attend board meetings like he don't really attend much now 

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Oh yes, just what the doctor ordered and just what we need at the helm. Is it any fucking wonder we are in the state we are and the laughing stock of football? How standards have fallen indeed!

Aye we get u dont like him BA