"Stadium Upgrades"

ForeverAndEver

43 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I'm not a fan of them tbh. Ibrox looks really historical and classy and I think the banners cheapens that look a little bit.

I'm with you, I didn't mind the one above the club shop as it's in keeping with that corner of the stand. I think these look really tacky. 

Stadium needs a proper deep clean and freshening up, this is literally papering over the cracks. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I know this sounds really petty but was watching the Morton game at the weekend there and everytime McKay went to take a corner at the Copland end the wee gate at the filled in corner was absolutely bogging and filled with rust. It looked embarrassing. 

It's like what you see on them life of grim programmes on the telly the walls and skirting boards in a trampy bastards house.

Ibrox used to be a magical place to roll upto on match day. 

I actually noticed this too whilst watching the game.

All due respect folks some of you guys wouldnt have survived the old day standing on the old terracing huvin tae pish on the back of the leg of the bloke infront  the smell of smokes drink and pishy troosers tae watch yer team ...... now we've got men talking about cobwebs polishing mirrors ,hoovering painting wee bits here and there washing covers??lol. Fucks goin on in here the real housewives of Govan? I understand we want the best but ffs let's focus on getting a group a decent players on the park and a manager first......

6 minutes ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

All due respect folks some of you guys wouldnt have survived the old day standing on the old terracing huvin tae pish on the back of the leg of the bloke infront  the smell of smokes drink and pishy troosers tae watch yer team ...... now we've got men talking about cobwebs polishing mirrors ,hoovering painting wee bits here and there washing covers??lol. Fucks goin on in here the real housewives of Govan? I understand we want the best but ffs let's focus on getting a group a decent players on the park and a manager first......

That's all fine and well but when King is telling us X amount have or will been spent on upgrades and all we see is shitey banners covering up the muck then aye we are going to be complaining. 

8 minutes ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

During the war ! Fucking uncle Albert 

11 minutes ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

Times have changed though People now expect better facilities and better all-round experience when attending the football, season tickets and tickets cost a lot now so people expect a certain standard of service.

Agree with needing to see money spent on the park as that also attracts supporters.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Times have changed though People now expect better facilities and better all-round experience when attending the football, season tickets and tickets cost a lot now so people expect a certain standard of service.

Agree with needing to see money spent on the park as that also attracts supporters.

That's a fair point tbh my point was more tongue n cheek just had a wee chuckle when someone mentioned cobwebs and polishing mirrors but you are correct for the entrance price the surroundings should be of a high standard ??.

19 minutes ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

It's changed days, though. Good luck attracting the top manager and players of which you speak when the stadiums a shit-heap. Ibrox used to be a great bargaining tool when trying to attract and a manager and players.

I wouldn't mind as much if we weren't told (when complaining about King's missing millions) that there was money being spent on the stadium - when there clearly isn't. 

We used to laugh at the state Parkhead was in before it got done up mid 90's. 

17 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

That's all fine and well but when King is telling us X amount have or will been spent on upgrades and all we see is shitey banners covering up the muck then aye we are going to be complaining. 

That's fair enuff the board must be held to account for what they spend on the stadium absolutely . If it is in doubt the support and shareholders must request that the club explain what is exactly been spent on what ..... a breakdown of costs then we can see what's been done. I just had to Laff at the idea of someone sitting at the game complaining of the cobwebs or the dusty mirrors etc. ??

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It's changed days, though. Good luck attracting the top manager and players of which you speak when the stadiums a shit-heap. Ibrox used to be a great bargaining tool when trying to attract and a manager and players.

I wouldn't mind as much if we weren't told (when complaining about King's missing millions) that there was money being spent on the stadium - when there clearly isn't. 

We used to laugh at the state Parkhead was in before it got done up mid 90's. 

Parkheeds a piggery

remember going there for a game in the 90s and I saw a couple of those inflatable champagne bottles being held up by bears as we sang "oh you've got no fuckin' money"

Changed days indeed ?

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I'm not a fan of them tbh. Ibrox looks really historical and classy and I think the banners cheapens that look a little bit.

Other than the superstore bit I agree. I also like the banner that's on the building outside the Copland . First thing I see when I come out the stadium. 

56 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

The Broomloan, Copland and Govan stands need to be knocked down and built again tbh, they look so outdated.

Will not happen for a long time but I agree with the sentiment. Particularly from outside that brickwork looks oppressive and depressing. The main stand is the only good part of the exterior. 

I like them but it's literally papering over the cracks. Parts of the stadium make it look like a shite hole. Just needs some TLC  don't think it would cost too much to fix what's needed 

1 hour ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

The Broomloan, Copland and Govan stands need to be knocked down and built again tbh, they look so outdated.

No they don't. , how about filling the corners in properly and moving the turnstiles back a good bit in all 3 stand , this would open up more space to the lower levels for better facilities with the room it would create. 

You tell me another stadium in Scotland with offices on the outside ?  Make these changes and we could have 58,000 in Ibrox at a fraction of the cost.  

And if we ever moved out the Scottish league we could put a third tier on the govan on top of the argyle house coming  down to meet both stands behind the goal.

Ibrox is one of the finest stadiums out there and is just needing a good clean and brought back to the usual standard. Creating the extra space in the lower parts of the stand would be a welcome addition and easily done.

But the truth is we can't even afford to give her a proper clean which has been long overdue 

2 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

No they don't. , how about filling the corners in properly and moving the turnstiles back a good bit in all 3 stand , this would open up more space to the lower levels for better facilities withnthe room it would create. 

You tell me another stadium in Scotland with offices on the outside ?  Make these changes and we could have 58,000 in Ibrox at a fraction of the cost.  

And if we ever moved out the Scottish league we could put a third tier on the govan on top of the argyle house aiming down to meet both stands behind the goal.

Ibrox is one of the finest stadiums out there and is just needing a good clean and brought back to the usual standard. Creating the extra space in the lower parts of the stand would be a welcome addition Also and easily done 

No point.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

No point.

We need to increase the capacity at some point and that is the cheapest way to do it. I know what you are saying about 58,000 as I too think things will get worse next season as De Boer won't come if promised at least  £10 million kitty, 

But King thinks a £10 million kitty includes the wages and I think De Boer will want more than £10 million because they have Dembelle who they can't wait too off load and 10% of the Van Dijk which could be as much as £5 million, let's be honest Warbs got nowhere near £5m at the start of the season for transfers. 

12 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

No they don't. , how about filling the corners in properly and moving the turnstiles back a good bit in all 3 stand , this would open up more space to the lower levels for better facilities with the room it would create. 

And if we ever moved out the Scottish league we could put a third tier on the govan on top of the argyle house coming  down to meet both stands behind the goal.

Ibrox is one of the finest stadiums out there and is just needing a good clean and brought back to the usual standard. Creating the extra space in the lower parts of the stand would be a welcome addition and easily done.

But the truth is we can't even afford to give her a proper clean which has been long overdue 

With that amount of work you might as well just knock the 3 stands down and start again.