*** The Official Dundee fc vs Rangers fc Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

13 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Why not that's what most on here do - I hope there's some reaction but it's deluded to think any manager can coach a difference in a single week. 

I am hoping the players are wanting to prove the point that they are better than what we have seen so far this season. 

14 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Why not that's what most on here do - I hope there's some reaction but it's deluded to think any manager can coach a difference in a single week. 

disagree completely

if players have been played out of position and are not happy with the system, it doesn't take much to play them in their strongest positions and go to a more familiar formation.

you can work that out in 10 minutes

9 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

disagree completely

if players have been played out of position and are not happy with the system, it doesn't take much to play them in their strongest positions and go to a more familiar formation.

you can work that out in 10 minutes

Eg

Getting halliday a natural winger to play as a CDM 

Getting garner whose needs the ball fed to him work up to himself and isolated 

Getting waghorn to play as a winger rather than a striker

Getting hyndman a attacking mid to play as a cdm

Play them in their natural position and you'll see a big difference.  Example bekng hyndman, 

Assist and 2 goals as a attacking mid 

0 assists and 0 goals as a cdm or holding mid

50 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Eg

Play them in their natural position and you'll see a big difference.  Example bekng hyndman, 

Playing Hyndman in that role was fucking ridiculous 

21 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Playing Hyndman in that role was fucking ridiculous 

I know,  boy proves himself to be a threat and is rewarded with being further back. 

It's be like playing messi as a keeper after him scoring a hattrick it just doesn't make sense

3 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

Ffs. Denis Law played for Scotland at 18. If that's not pressure then what is. Time we stopped wrapping players in cotton wool.

Different days mate, can't compare now to then. Players are wrapped up, they are protected. That's just the modern game.

Seen a video this morning showing some of the tackles Souness done while playing, players these days haven't been on the end of a tackle like that!

3 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Eg

Hello, I am a first time poster here so forgive me a bit. I am actually a Bournemouth fan who signed up here ( and also follow follow ) to keep track of Emersons progress. Before ye all say " go away ya sassanach"  or slightly similar words, I was born in the southern general and lived my first four years at Striven Gardens, North Kelvinside and Cairnhill Circus, Crookston before moving down south. My old man was a jaggies fan, but I can remember my mum singing follow follow to me, though I don't think she went as far as billy boys. Anyway enough about me, I just wanted to ask about the above stats: didn't Hyndmann get an assist last week for Waghorns goal to add to the one for Miller in the Motherwell game? Also he had a shot tipped onto the bar so, whilst I agree he didn't look as effective in the holding role, he still managed  to have a positive effect. So good luck tomorrow, I will be watching on sky, hopefully you can pull back 3 points and then get the manager or DOF and coach situation sortede as soon as and close the gap on that other team next season.

17 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Think we looked better when switched to 4-4-2 last week and think that murty will know that. 

Think senderos will be dropped as well.

Wes

Tav Hill Wilson Wallace 

Windass Holt Hyndman McKay

Waghorn Miller 

This. And if we are comfortable at 60 mins maybe bring on Joe D (or Joe G, but I prefer former) to see how he partners with Kenny?

20 minutes ago, JoeFraser said:

Hello, I am a first time poster here so forgive me a bit. I am actually a Bournemouth fan who signed up here ( and also follow follow ) to keep track of Emersons progress. Before ye all say " go away ya sassanach"  or slightly similar words, I was born in the southern general and lived my first four years at Striven Gardens, North Kelvinside and Cairnhill Circus, Crookston before moving down south. My old man was a jaggies fan, but I can remember my mum singing follow follow to me, though I don't think she went as far as billy boys. Anyway enough about me, I just wanted to ask about the above stats: didn't Hyndmann get an assist last week for Waghorns goal to add to the one for Miller in the Motherwell game? Also he had a shot tipped onto the bar so, whilst I agree he didn't look as effective in the holding role, he still managed  to have a positive effect. So good luck tomorrow, I will be watching on sky, hopefully you can pull back 3 points and then get the manager or DOF and coach situation sortede as soon as and close the gap on that other team next season.

Hyndman is a good player & a goal threat. He'll make chances but his threat is reduced in tighter games against better opposition. No need to present your credentials, noone else does.

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Kiernan set to start, apparently.

In fairness he has Kiernan, Senderos and Wilson to choose from to partner Hill. It's like choosing between poking your eyes out with rusty spoons, having a red hot poker shoved up your cock or having both at the same time. 

14 minutes ago, Cobham said:

In fairness he has Kiernan, Senderos and Wilson to choose from to partner Hill. It's like choosing between poking your eyes out with rusty spoons, having a red hot poker shoved up your cock or having both at the same time. 

Na, Wilson, no contest.

23 minutes ago, Cobham said:

At this moment in time you are correct but I honestly believe if someone can give Kiernan a shake and cut out the shit mistakes there's a decent defender in there somewhere.....maybe! 

RK has some points to prove, no doubt. A win would be nice as we would go eight clear of HMFC with 14 left to play, and go back level with the sheep...

I'd get the 433 to fuck. We don't have the players for it and it leaves our centre backs open to the counter attack.

Anyone who thinks you can't change a formation within a week is at it. Loads of teams change formation during a game. Takes seconds not weeks.

I think we will win by one goal. My money is on Miller to score any time.

22 minutes ago, Torontoblue76 said:

RK has some points to prove, no doubt. A win would be nice as we would go eight clear of HMFC with 14 left to play, and go back level with the sheep...

We will only go level with the sheep if they lose. Their game kicks off at 1pm mate. 

6 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

Ffs. Denis Law played for Scotland at 18. If that's not pressure then what is. Time we stopped wrapping players in cotton wool.

Spot on, and I will give you big Derek, 16, winning goal, out jumping two Lisbon lions to bullet header home. And this was a massive game for Rangers at the time. Boy took it all in his stride.

I tend to think the young ones play with no fear.

6 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Eg

Playing Dodoo or Miller in a wide role is daft too (not just Waghorn). 

I cant help but think Murty would struggle to pick our best two strikers IF he tried any 2 up front (Dodoo Garner Miller Waghorn) instead of them playing wide or in a lone striker role like they have ber .