*** The Official Dundee fc vs Rangers fc Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Just now, CRARFC said:

No got the player what's the point playing the formation ? ?? Where do you play hyndman ? CDM is not his position and when he players far back he's not in the game. 

Why would he need to be in the game when you have that front 4? 

He's played as CDM for a few games and Halliday has played there for 2 years. Might not be good at it but he still plays there. We still need two CMs, so don't see the problem 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Why would he need to be in the game when you have that front 4? 

He's played as CDM for a few games and Halliday has played there for 2 years. Might not be good at it but he still plays there. We still need two CMs, so don't see the problem 

You win games in the midfield ?? Point in having a front 4 like that but the two CDMS are getting run over ?? Hyndman is better in a forward position and putting him at CDM is a stupid of his talents. Your doing a warburton ??

Just now, CRARFC said:

You win games in the midfield ?? Point in having a front 4 like that but the two CDMS are getting run over ?? Hyndman is better in a forward position and putting him at CDM is a stupid of his talents. Your doing a warburton ??

I thought you won games by scoring goals but ok. 

1 minute ago, CRARFC said:

Agree, it's a complete stupid of his talents  :lol:

Just now, CRARFC said:

Can't score goals if you don't have anyone creating the chances. 

So Mckay, Miller and Waghorn won't create anything? Were playing to our strengths which is all we can do at the monent. We have a poor midfield and defence and whilst the forwards aren't the best it's our strongest position at the moment. 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

So Mckay, Miller and Waghorn won't create anything? Were playing to our strengths which is all we can do at the monent. We have a poor midfield and defence and whilst the forwards aren't the best it's our strongest position at the moment. 

But you need your cdms to break up play and supply the front 4. If you can't do that then the front 4 don't score. Simple as that. Just because we have those four up top didn't mean we are garenteed goals. As I said you win the midfield battle 9 times out of 10 you win the game. 

Just now, CRARFC said:

But you need your cdms to break up play and supply the front 4. If you can't do that then the front 4 don't score. Simple as that. Just because we have those four up top didn't mean we are garenteed goals. As I said you win the midfield battle 9 times out of 10 you win the game. 

It's not as simple as that though is it?

Look at the stats regarding our possession - a clear indicator that we have won the midfield battle - however due to a team sitting in and us not being direct we don't score.

We don't really need CDMs, as long as we have two no nonsense CBs whom are not left wide open, and attacking midfielders that do track back and create a nuisance of themselves. Remember we also have fullbacks whom in my opinion should not be committing so much going forward.

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

It's not as simple as that though is it?

Look at the stats regarding our possession - a clear indicator that we have won the midfield battle - however due to a team sitting in and us not being direct we don't score.

We don't really need CDMs, as long as we have two no nonsense CBs whom are not left wide open, and attacking midfielders that do track back and create a nuisance of themselves. Remember we also have fullbacks whom in my opinion should not be committing so much going forward.

By your concept Barcelona should win every game because they have MSN ? We do not win the midfeild battle at all. The Morton game was a prime example of that. We win it for parts of the game, normally the first half and in the second half just disappear.  Our possession stats are shit to me because most of the time (under MW) we went side ways and back. It's your opinion and I take what your saying on board but I just don't think that formation will help us and probs just put us more in the shit. I would personally play 4141 and be more compact